Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update 1.13 - Crash and bugfixes for everyone. And some minor additions.  (Read 14028 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.13 - Crash and bugfixes for everyone. And some minor additions.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 02:06:28 pm »

Alright, so apparently, the game does not see the Random Animal Hair threads as proper threads. I can spin the hair, but I was able to keep spinning thread from the hair till it rotted aways. The hairs will not be picked up by the Cloth plot and put into bins, and the Loom refuses to acknowledge that the random animal hair thread is a valid reagent to turn into cloth.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 12:35:39 am »

Alright, so apparently, the game does not see the Random Animal Hair threads as proper threads. I can spin the hair, but I was able to keep spinning thread from the hair till it rotted aways. The hairs will not be picked up by the Cloth plot and put into bins, and the Loom refuses to acknowledge that the random animal hair thread is a valid reagent to turn into cloth.

That's also normal, hair threads can't be woven but are still useful for sutures and book-binding.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 01:52:13 am »

That's also normal, hair threads can't be woven but are still useful for sutures and book-binding.

Thats weird, cause I have never had that problem before. Though should you be able to get 10-15 thread from a single hair unit?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 05:18:21 am »

Thats weird, cause I have never had that problem before. Though should you be able to get 10-15 thread from a single hair unit?

Only applies to the hair you get from butchering animals that can't be sheared- assuming Meph hasn't added anything to alter that. Though it is somewhat odd that it's taking so many jobs to turn it into thread compared to wool, has the weight or value of the hair pile gone down at all?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:24:03 am by LMeire »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 11:31:42 am »

Only applies to the hair you get from butchering animals that can't be sheared- assuming Meph hasn't added anything to alter that. Though it is somewhat odd that it's taking so many jobs to turn it into thread compared to wool, has the weight or value of the hair pile gone down at all?

I've not checked yet. This world is really screwed up in general. I wrote this in the Kobold Thread but never got an answer. I cannot seem to milk anything but the Venom from the Charity Dire Spiders I embarked with. Its amazing venom, probably the most necrotic venom out there, but still I would like more variety since it ONLY does Necrosis.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's as though the game is refusing to recognize any target as Milkable, other than the Adult Charity Dire Spiders within my camp. I did a Test with a new Embark and just a Helmet Snake, Adder, and Giant Bark Scorpion, and I could milk them all fine. However I cannot milk those three creatures at all in this world. Any insight as to why this may have happened? I leave the save for people to test this for themselves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlb941mzl2jzkwb/Kobold%20Venom%20Milking%20Problem.zip?dl=0

Xira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 11:12:52 pm »

Playing in a new game, getting regular crashes during world-gen, on the odd chance the world gens it will crash on embark, or crash on loading a save game.

Xira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 12:18:59 am »

As per the other thread, removing all of Stahl's gear packs and starting a new game fixed it.

terminalmonky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:17 pm »

As per the other thread, removing all of Stahl's gear packs and starting a new game fixed it.

Thank you so so very very much for posting this solution.  I missed the other thread and actually walked away from the mod for a little while waiting for next release and saw this while coming back to check on things.

Kudos and Salute!!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 11:22:21 pm »

About the tavern visitors destroying buildings, would it be possible to fix that by having that ability off by default but turn it on temporarily whenever they see an enemy? So invaders would still smash up the fortress in between the murdering but visiting werewolf poets would just mind their own business until someone pissed them off. Sure, you'd still have to rebuild the tavern every now and then when the foreign crowd gets rowdy but that sounds like a totally reasonable expense when you're catering to Jotun mercenaries and the like.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 06:06:43 am »

About the tavern visitors destroying buildings, would it be possible to fix that by having that ability off by default but turn it on temporarily whenever they see an enemy? So invaders would still smash up the fortress in between the murdering but visiting werewolf poets would just mind their own business until someone pissed them off. Sure, you'd still have to rebuild the tavern every now and then when the foreign crowd gets rowdy but that sounds like a totally reasonable expense when you're catering to Jotun mercenaries and the like.

It's not possible afaik but having the ability to turn off building destroyer permanently for the FD races would be neat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 10:04:26 am »

Perhaps add an option to the GUI that will either disable visitors for building destroyer entities, or disable building destroyers while keeping the visitors.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 [2]