Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update 1.13 - Crash and bugfixes for everyone. And some minor additions.  (Read 13815 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Updates every Friday!

::: Current version: V.1.13 - Updated 5th August 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update!

Notes: I worked through the list of reports, requests and issues, this is what I managed to figure out and fix. The number of crashes should go down dramatically with this update: The-Earth-strikes-back has been updated to the newest version, a crash-source in attack.lua was found and eradicated, and the source for the butchering-humanoid-creatures is found: It dislikes standardized-meat, so as long as that is turned off, you can butcher what you want.

A few new features: Dwarves get the Steam Engine back from the old mod.
- Build Steam Engine with a new trapcomp: Pistons.
- Steam Engine requires water nearby, just like the handpump.
- It produces power on the tiles that look like gear-assemblies.

See the dfhack readme for more info on the steam engine.

Two new reactions:
- The ability to pasteurize milk, heating it in the kitchen will give you drink-able milk in barrels.
- Making rock crystals from lead and sand in the smelter.

Full changelog:
- Magmawell and Waterwell now use rough gems to be build.
- Magmawell now unlocks magma-workshops and adds them to the build menu.
- Training weapons are now small/light enough to be used by Kobolds.
- Fixed buying and selling of battle picks in human mode.
- Removed bloomberry juice reaction (since bloomberries dont exist in 43.03) from kobolds.
- Fixed all strawberry reactions across civs. Buying/Selling for humans, juice for kobolds...
- Made dwarven rune weapons affect all creatures, not just general_poison creatures.
- Added reaction to human gunsmith to create bullets.
- Updated reaction_adv_carpenter.txt to newest version.
- Added MAKE_PEARLASH and MAKE_PLASTER_POWDER to human civ Academics guild. Were missing before...
- Updated dwarven armory and weaponry to no longer increase the quality of masterwork items beyond masterwork (which bugs out and removes all quality modifiers from them). You now get the message "quality already at masterwork" and it cancels. Thanks at Criilbilly for the fix. :)
- Dwarves and humans can now make Crystal Rock gems in the smelter by smelting lead and sand together.
- Updated The Earth Strikes Back to the newest version, eliminating one crash source.
- Fixed issues with attack.lua, eliminating one crash source.
- Added the ability to milk venom from all random-creatures that are included in the mod. Thats 161 new sources for fancy venoms.
- Booze-Burner can no longer use any DRINK, which previously included barreled juices, teas and water. Now it only accepts alcohols.
- Fixed duplicate hotkeys for "Poison Cookery, Juice Bar and Scale Cleaner" workshops in kobold mode.
- Fixed "Shape floodgate from clay" reaction.
- Added CAN_GLAZE to bone_template. This means that bone pots/barrels (which are absorbant and cant hold liquids) can be glazed to waterproof them.
- Added a description to the "make poison X" reactions across all civs, now you know what each poison does.
- Allowed humans, dwarves and kobolds to pasteurize milk, making it drinkable and storing it in barrels.
- Added Steam Engine to dwarves, allows the creation of power by using water and fuel.
- Fixed crash from butchering some creatures (cause was the STANDARDIZED MEAT option! DO NOT USE IT! I'll try to find a way to circumvent the crash)

tl;dr: No new major features, but a lot of refinement. :)

And Boltguns Succubus changes:
- Two new glasses available at the glass shaper: tempered and layered
- Tempered is good against blunt weapons and bad against edge, it can outfit your troops for a cheap price.
- Layered is a bit heavy but protect slightly better than iron.
- The floating glass furnace now take sand and other reagent directly instead of raw glass.
- Fixed a few typos.

Patreon: Two new patrons last week, thank you. Just about breached the 200$ barrier. :) The goal is reached and I'll start working on this:
I once made the item graphics that are now used in the StarterPack. This has been a few versions back and now both TWBT and DF have more options and more items. I will make a new, updated pack for them and release it for vanilla DF and the StarterPack.

Future of the mod:  Poll about weekly vs non-weekly and finished vs unfinished releases.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:57:48 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile

Bug fixes may not be flashy, but they turn a cool game with a great concept into a fantastic game, so keep up the good work Meph!

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to post a crash for 1.12 but then I see an update for 1.13 and a load of bugfixes. Since I can't figure out what caused it Ill wait to see if it happens again.
All I know is that I had a save game corruption & none of the backup's work (Unusual?).
The only info I had to work with was Winter is upon you since going afk (like 1 minute later it crashes during the save), so something didn't liked being saved and it corrupted (Maybe it happened earlier due to none of the backup's working). If it happens again during 1.13 (fresh game fresh save) ill post a save, It was only year 1 save so no big loss just time.... damnit! Ill never get them couple hours back!

It's always nice to see bugfixes :P
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Save corruption is not really a thing in DF. Crashes are usually triggered by something specific, which can be fixed or circumvented.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does TWBT work now?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Here are the succubi changes, I forgot to send the changelog :
- Two new glasses available at the glass shaper: tempered and layered
- Tempered is good against blunt weapons and bad against edge, it can outfit your troops for a cheap price.
- Layered is a bit heavy but protect slightly better than iron.
- The floating glass furnace now take sand and other reagent directly instead of raw glass.
- Fixed a few typos.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Generally speaking how do you debug a save file; what editor do you use or debug program to view the savefile?

P.s Edit / I'm still getting unknown material from collecting web silk on the map.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:53:25 am by zakhad »
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Generally speaking how do you debug a save file; what editor do you use or debug program to view the savefile?
Notepad.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

Something weird in the recent version. I killed a Giant Skinny Hamster, and got Hair from it, however....

Each time I spin the hair into thread, the Hair does not disapear. I got those four threads from that one mangled hair, by just setting the Farmers Workshop on repeat Spin Thread.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's intended. As you can spin the hair into thread in the farmers workshop. *I might be wrong can't I exactly remember
LP'er

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.13 - Crash and bugfixes for everyone. And some minor additions.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 05:52:30 am »

Anyone else having lots of path finding problems? I get a miner who'll mine a couple of tiles, wait for 10 seconds then mine another 1 tile. I know its path finding because when I go to build something that's recently been mined by it saying that it doesn't have access to any building materials but 1 tile previously mined like 30 seconds ago have access to the entire stockpile of resources to build from.
LP'er

RedKef

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It has exterior ribs and undulates rhythmically.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 05:59:05 am »

So it must be some hardware issue, but every single time I save, in any race other than dwarf but sometimes with them too, it crashes before completing the loading process. Every single time, mind you, even if its an initial save or auto save right after embark. I have tried it with every combination of settings including default. I havent had it crash in-game, but I can't load anything. I like to create very elaborate fortresses, and I've lost too many 5-8 hour designs to continue.

I don't mean to be rude, and Im still going to donate when I get my check, but I'm going to switch back to regular DF for a while. As much as I like Demons, golems and whatevermancers, I have experienced too much frustration at lost effort. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon.
Ex Vestigus

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 08:15:13 am »

Is it just me or there's no more glassforge when playing Succubi?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 08:38:53 am »

GLASS_SHAPER is still there, but I think it needs magma.

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 10:31:49 am »

GLASS_SHAPER is still there, but I think it needs magma.
Well, Glass shaper is idd there, but i believe when i was playing 1.12 yesterday there was "Glassforge" just under Boneforge and Gemforge where i could make green glass weapons and armor. Can't check it now because i deleted it when 1.13 came out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2