Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I crash every time I load a save in adventure mode.  (Read 4269 times)

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I crash every time I load a save in adventure mode.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 02:28:19 pm »

So with Stal's mod on i was able to play 2 forts for a bit and about 4 adventures on a Pocket world with no crash during some save/laod tests.
Might be that in Worldgen no "NPC" has created something that relates to Stal's pack.

Tomorrow i will try if it works when i run a Small world with 300 yrs world gen. That should hopefully be enough time to create something.
Then i will try 2 forts and 2 Adventurer to test it. If i crash i will edit this post once agian to give some imput.
Hope i can help with this!

Greetings,
Malakor
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:53:57 am by Malakor »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:04 pm »

Meph, I have some info for you:

It has to do with Stal's weapon mod, all armor, weapons, ranged weapons, and ammos, if any of them are enabled, a world can't be re-used if these things are active. I don't know why, but once I deactivated those mods, everything is working fine
THANK YOU! That finally gives me something to test.

Is this true for the other people that had crashes? can anyone confirm this, did you enable stals armory pack?

This is true for me, I'll check it out more.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 07:22:42 pm »

Had Stal's stuff on (Sorry for late replay)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 12:20:44 pm »

i have had this problem that when i play adventure mode crashes for no reason and corrupts the save, crashes when reloading the world
i was near a dark fortress when it loaded it crashed the game, i have had this problem with many sites before mostly fortress and dark fortress
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 08:50:02 am »

Hey Guys!

I'm getting the same error, but I think it happens when I try to play adventure mode in the "same game folder". Since you need to change print mode from "Text-will-be-text" to "2D", I think this somehow corrupts your fortress save, cause it has happened to me three times in a row now.

I start a fort, play on it for some time, then switch out, go into adventure mode using "2D" on printmode, and when I try to get back into fortmode, it does not work.

I'm playing adventure mode on an different world.

Could that have something to do with it?
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 10:05:06 am »

Meph, I have some info for you:

It has to do with Stal's weapon mod, all armor, weapons, ranged weapons, and ammos, if any of them are enabled, a world can't be re-used if these things are active. I don't know why, but once I deactivated those mods, everything is working fine
THANK YOU! That finally gives me something to test.

Is this true for the other people that had crashes? can anyone confirm this, did you enable stals armory pack?

Confirmed. Can't load a save with Stal's pack and a graphics pack at the same time.

EDIT : Fortress mode.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:44:32 am by CawawaC »

RedKef

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It has exterior ribs and undulates rhythmically.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 10:00:59 am »

I had this problem and uploaded a save. like a month ago. I'll try disabling the armor packs and see if that helps.

oh, and :|
Ex Vestigus

woven silk.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 04:49:51 pm »

Hi guys. I've been having the same problem it seems, but when I disable Stal's mod, it still crashes on me. I was able to play for a little bit when I disabled Stal's mod as well as putting the graphics back to ACSII. Do I need to get disable the other weapons mods, or just Stal's?
Pages: 1 [2]