Can we start them yet?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:21:59 pm »

No.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:24:45 pm »

They never change
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 04:17:30 am »

You should be able to start a war when the artifact release arrives. Just steal an artifact from the war-hungry massive human civ that rules the world and give it to an unsuspecting Elf queen. Sit back and laugh at the results. Or better still, join the humans in the joyous slaughter.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 08:18:38 pm »

Will that actually work though ?:P

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 07:03:31 am »

Logically if what Toady's reporting is true and works, then yeah that's pretty much how it seems to be. Elves will have an ancient human artifact, humans will go to war (have an increased chance of going to war, may ignore regular distance restrictions on beating up neighbours) to get it back. Or send adventurers.

Whether they'll also hunt you down and flay you as the original thief is yet to be seen.

--edit Of course, it could be years before war is actually declared. That's quite a bit longer than most adventurers live for. Probably better off retiring and running a fortress for a few years until the news of war reaches you.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:06:38 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 03:48:33 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 07:19:08 pm »

They never change

Yes they do, the world is alive now, we have world activation.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 07:21:52 pm »

Logically if what Toady's reporting is true and works, then yeah that's pretty much how it seems to be. Elves will have an ancient human artifact, humans will go to war (have an increased chance of going to war, may ignore regular distance restrictions on beating up neighbours) to get it back. Or send adventurers.

Whether they'll also hunt you down and flay you as the original thief is yet to be seen.

--edit Of course, it could be years before war is actually declared. That's quite a bit longer than most adventurers live for. Probably better off retiring and running a fortress for a few years until the news of war reaches you.

That sounds like fun.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »

Funny thing is that you USED to be able to technically start a war by running to another civ and stabbing someone, but that was before world activation so the wars never progressed (and every single person and animal in the city would come at you like zombies after), now its alot more grey and you dont necessarily represent your civ, so when you attack their quarrel is with you not your civ.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 07:41:59 pm »

Fair enough. would stealing an artifact and giving it to another faction of humans start a faction vs faction war?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »

They never change

War has changed?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 02:55:15 am »

Funny thing is that you USED to be able to technically start a war by running to another civ and stabbing someone, but that was before world activation so the wars never progressed (and every single person and animal in the city would come at you like zombies after), now its alot more grey and you dont necessarily represent your civ, so when you attack their quarrel is with you not your civ.
you can spark a huge war back then by getting 2 factions to move in to the same spot which kinda needed mass ruler killing and Fort destruction to pull off but you can end up with a war zone of 3 races fighting but man now it's kinda tricky given someone needs to figure out how to cause a town to fall into ruin than being wipe out completely just to get migrants moving to hostile lands.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

They never change

War has changed?

I still get it!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:13 pm »

Fair enough. would stealing an artifact and giving it to another faction of humans start a faction vs faction war?
Just have to wait and see. Human factions of the same civ do war with each other from time to time so I guess it's possible.
Pages: [1] 2