Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alpha tileset & creature sprites (32x) - work in progress.  (Read 7378 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Alpha tileset & creature sprites (32x) - work in progress.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 12:24:50 pm »

Succubi.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tedward1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »

Are these going to be added to the MasterWork mod pack as well?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:09 pm »

Of course.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 10:08:21 am »

Edit: Making good progress. Working on the map tileset atm, and finishing up all the overrides.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:37:32 pm by Meph »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 11:51:07 pm »

Keep going!  Reminds me of Ironhand.  This is precisely one of the things I've most wanted for DF for a long time, but don't have the time to make myself.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »

Workshops:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also finished the map tileset and legend. It uses a few sprites done by Utkonos DungeonSet.

Embark map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Making more and more progress...
I used some of the sprites done by Dorens 24x TWBT overrides used in the Phoebus set for this, either as a base or upscaled them (Siege engines, pump, bridge, gears, windmill, water wheel).

Notes:
I can force the game to use another color for a few tiles, I might make some darker sprites lighter, like the top-left of the Mechanic; or the center of the Craftsdwarf or Bowyer.

I might use the brown stockpile-tile in the smelter, kiln, glass furnace and wood furnace to add more unique sprites to them, to distinguish them better.

There is something fucky going on with the barrels in kitchen/still. Still looking into that.

There are two modded workshops included, the wooden flooring, which just looks like wooden floor and does nothing else; and the campfire, which allows you to start fires on command. I will release them together with the tileset, as an optional package. The campfire I added because invaders (humans) usually build campfires, I found it strange that dwarves can't do that.

Questions to the community:
1. Looks ok?

2. Remove modded decorational workshop? Add more of them? (For example the Masterwork Mod has carpets, banners and signs... like this: http://i.imgur.com/3o7N0ip.png)

3. Keep Dorens upscaled 24x sprites or not? I'm quite happy with the look of the machines, gears, axles. I love the bridge. But I think I could do the catapult and ballista better...

Hope the unique tiles in the workshops are cool, and not distracting. For example the Mason has a half-finished statue in the center. The Butcher a goblin-corpse. The Smelter has a little casting mould on a table.

I'm a bit unhappy with a few of the tiles; especially the Mechanic and Ashery/SoapMaker could do better.

Note: I can't change the position of tiles in vanilla DF workshops, only replace existing graphics with new ones. Thats why the Jeweler has 3 identical tables on one side, or the Leatherworker is full, while the Tanner looks so empty. Nothing I could do about that, sadly.

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 09:26:59 pm »

Not qualified to comment on a lot of your questions, however:

1. Hells yes

2. The signs are awesome, and give things a little bit of a Settlers II vibe (this is a good thing).

3. I'd say keep stuff that works as-is _for now_. Work towards something "releasable", if maybe not your ideal. If you haven't totally burnt out, _then_ go back and do those items you feel you can improve upon. I'd be crushed to see all this awesomeness end up lost because you burned out before reaching your end goal, real life intrudes, whatever.

miketugboat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 05:34:28 pm »

I made an account just to say how excited I am for this tileset. By far the best I've ever seen. Looking forward to the next update to masterwork!
Pages: 1 [2]