Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dirt Fortress [20 dirty/retro tilesets in various variations]  (Read 19699 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt Fortress [20 dirty/retro tilesets in various variations]
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 05:10:36 am »

Thanks for all these mushrooms...
Probadly you can try to made crazy TWBT-based tileset using stereo-graphic effects or something even more crazy?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2016, 11:01:10 am »

Hey, maybe I install some of the tilesets and color schemes in the Masterwork-Mod GUI? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »

Thanks for all these mushrooms...
Probadly you can try to made crazy TWBT-based tileset using stereo-graphic effects or something even more crazy?

Whoa. I like the way you think.
Do you have a reference I can look at? I'll definitely try when I get the time.

Hey, maybe I install some of the tilesets and color schemes in the Masterwork-Mod GUI? :)

Yeah, sure. I'm alright with anything really.
Tear the tilesets apart, mod em, color em, love em, hate em, include em, ban em, cook em, eat em, whatever.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

I probably wont change them, just bundle them up with fitting color schemes and make them selectable in the GUI I have for the mod.

Love the CRT monitor style btw, it was much clearer than I expected. Looks really good ingame :) And the Mushroom/rainbow colored one is a cool idea, I'm surprised I havent seen something like that before.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2016, 03:54:11 pm »

I probably wont change them, just bundle them up with fitting color schemes and make them selectable in the GUI I have for the mod.

Love the CRT monitor style btw, it was much clearer than I expected. Looks really good ingame :) And the Mushroom/rainbow colored one is a cool idea, I'm surprised I havent seen something like that before.
The mushroom thing just kinda happened during a uh... Ahaha... Strange mood? Yeah.

I can do green text on green scanlines or amber text on amber scanlines if you want those.
Always kinda bothered me that I left the lines white.

I guess I just figured that white on white has prob been done a million times.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2016, 07:39:06 am »

Ok, I challenge you to make a dirty mushroom tileset :P.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 02:12:04 am »

These are that. Too tired to do more. I'm taking 8 hour theology classes lately.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shalom and all that...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2016, 03:39:14 pm »

This is awesome!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2016, 03:52:03 pm »

These are that. Too tired to do more. I'm taking 8 hour theology classes lately.

Shalom and all that...
Looks great.  Can't imagine an eight-hour-long theology class.  If you want to get out early, just praise Armok when someone says something interesting.  (Flying Spaghetti Monster is old hat nowadays)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 12:17:37 pm »

Looks great.  Can't imagine an eight-hour-long theology class.  If you want to get out early, just praise Armok when someone says something interesting.  (Flying Spaghetti Monster is old hat nowadays)

Yeah, it's all about Jesus. Jesus 101. For the most part it's actually interesting.
John the Baptist is essentially a DF adventurer, wearing camel skin tunics and eating locusts.
I find it helpful and somewhat entertaining to learn the history and stories that fuel a large portion of the planet.
My only real issue is how alienating the class is. One of the books we're reading in particular uses some really colorful adjectives to describe people who don't believe.

Best part about it is that the class is required for me to major in the humanities (philosophy, behavioral sciences).

When it's over I'd like to pump out a real tileset for you guys.

Here we have some doodles for a 12x12 tileset (it won't work without modified raws):

Some notes for the raws (that may or may not makes sense):

Yes, I changed the lobster. I apologize for that.

¥
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]