Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [SCRIPTING] DFHack Lua/Ruby scripting questions thread  (Read 5599 times)

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SCRIPTING] DFHack Lua/Ruby scripting questions thread
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2016, 09:54:49 am »

Yeah I figured that out after reading documentation.  Still not quite what I want.  I'm sure I can make it bend to my will but I expect issues...  concepts like scrolling windows is hard as you need to know how to scroll and route keystrokes.  Suddenly you need concepts of focus and indicting where focus is if multiple windows need scrolling (like a list and multiple text fields like I expect for my own stuff)

Would really like something like blessed but of course its node.js and it doesn't really solve the flow control though the blessed-contrib has css-like grid layout system.  termui also does a grid like thing without percent and fix layouts but I think go would be easier to translate.  urwid has better flow control and python is easy to port but its GPL.  I like the concepts in this article for layout management in principal and I've ported to lua but not sure I like how its used in code so would need to rewrite parts of it to make it more usable.

Anyway mulling over next steps since I'm unlikely to follow through on a big project like redoing a complete widget system.  Lot of work for little gain as the existing system isn't really bad.  I can make the offset thing work probably but I expect lots of magic numbers showing up.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SCRIPTING] DFHack Lua/Ruby scripting questions thread
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 05:15:13 am »

Had I known about this thread I would have posted to watch earlier.
Pages: 1 2 [3]