Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)  (Read 6105 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 12:14:10 pm »

Sounds fun, count me in, I'll just do an adventurer tho
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 03:29:01 am »

I would reccomend ganning a no aquifer world. Digging a quarry will be impossible otherwise.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 06:24:02 am »

I would reccomend ganning a no aquifer world. Digging a quarry will be impossible otherwise.
Pretty sure the plug method would word. Be a pretty big plug though.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 07:14:21 am »

If there is Aquifer, then i can't embark near a necrotower. :/ (Unless someone cleanse the undeads so it takes them longer to ambush you)

Plug would be 10x10 for me then, so it will take time.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 11:40:27 am »

I'm back from my trip, so we can get started.  I have the world genned, and while an island composed entirely of goblin pit sites would have been interesting, the very next one I generated has a human civilization that has apparently wiped out an elvish civilization, conquered multiple goblin sites, and picked up a dwarven hillock or two.  I think we have a world where this storm will kick off.

I've found spots right on the ocean with no aquifers on an aquefer world.  You are able to find sites.  Plus, I did include the option to dig underground.  Tunnels are just limited to 2 wide and you need a z-level between them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 12:01:16 pm »

Also, adventure only as human?
<- *Prefers mantis man.*

I've been doing some thinking about this and I frankly think it's fine. Bringing about the Age of Twilight is a massive undertaking, and we would be fools not to take advantage of any resource we find at our disposal. So I think we should embrace the idea of using things like Mantis man adventurers and Dwarven shock troops. We can always "dispose" of any undesirables we have under our power later.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 01:24:31 pm »

Ran the XML through the legends viewer tool to see how much of a project we have ahead of ourselves.

Goblin Population:    18564
Human Population:   17506
Dwarven Population: 12881
Elven Population:        1237
Kobold Population:       614
Total Population:       50802

Without accounting for births/deaths and the neccessary destruction of the four megabeasts (and possibly the destruction of the nine semi-megabeasts.  Can't remember if that is neccessary to move on to this branch):
To get the Age of Twilight:     Roughly 15000 non-humans need to be killed.
To get the Age of Fairy Tales: Roughly 21000 non-humans need to be killed.
To get the Age of Civilization: Roughly 33500 non-humans need to be killed.

We have a long road ahead of us.  On an good note, however, there's a goblin civ with only 10 goblins in it and a elven civilization with only 1 elf, so those could die off pretty fast.  Furthermore, an elf and a kobold civ have already fallen.

FakeEdit: And one final note before I dive into running the first turn.  Here's the world map, in ASCII and detailed form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 05:30:10 pm »

The Expedition of Orangegate
By: Zanzetkuken IV, Former Expedition Leader of Orangegate

I had signed up on the expedition to found the site of Orangegate in the Early Winter of 249.  I was the final member of the inital force to establish the outpost, my presence required by the other six to finalize some paperwork that needed to go through.  I had been a small time trader in the Kingdom of Throats at that point, and the possibility of becoming either a baron or even a lord was enticing.  The site seemed to be quite good quality as well.

I can admit I was a bit wary of them.  While I am a partial believer in the preachings that humanity is the group that will be the ones to achieve control of the world, and I also believe that goblins should have their civilizations shattered, these individuals took it to a far greater degree.  While the goblins act quite evil in the current time, I believe we could reducate them after we shatter their civilizations to something more enlightened, and while we are at war with the dwarves, we only need to break their armies to show how futile going against us is.  This group, on the otherhand, speak openly about extermination of the goblins, dwarves, and even the elves.  We weren't even at war at them when we embarked!

Sorry, I got a bit excited there.  It is just a bit of bafflement at their conduct coming through.  I hadn't looked at the supplies at the time.  Turns out, they had gotten a number of seeds that were useless for food without knowledge none of the expedition had access to.  While I was trying to figure my way around this, my focus being upon the potential use of Pickle Berry seeds from the few that were brought along, I had them set to building structures for the outpost.  They built this layout:

Suffice to say, when our food situation reached seven fish and six plants, and coming of Winter having frozen all the ponds in the area, I decided to head off for one of the nearby dark towers we had captured with one of the other migrants that had come along and had taken note when I pointed out the food situation would mean we would have to abandon the place.  I may want to look into what happened to them after the Dark Tower...

Turns out I am blisteringly incompetent at selecting the proper food for an aboveground fortress.  I think I'll just kick the save along to MoonyTheHuman,  because my adventure mode experience is nil.

Considering my incompetence, I decidded to write this up as an outsider looking in on a group that has the philosphy of the thread, but not the skill to pull through foudning a temple to the idea.  Probably did that a bit poorly, but I've got some stuff coming up.

Edit: Save
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:33:06 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 05:36:48 pm »

I shall play when i get home. Silent murder in a elven forest retreat by a human will be fun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 05:42:21 pm »

Oh, for those who really want a major battle and want to trial by fire their computer and skill, I looked around in Legends Viewer, and the dark tower in the southeastern corner of the map has over 10000 goblins in it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

Which version do I need to run?
I extracted the HumanFortress folder to both 42.06 and 43.03 and it does not list the game to continue.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »

Which version do I need to run?
I extracted the HumanFortress folder to both 42.06 and 43.03 and it does not list the game to continue.

I used 43.05, 64-bit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 05:50:22 pm »

Thanks, I got it to show up.  Now, I just need to read up on installing a tile set so I can read the symbols / have bigger fonts.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »

Please forgive my non-ascii fluency, but where do I find the fortress in the embark selection / world?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 06:19:27 pm »

Please forgive my non-ascii fluency, but where do I find the fortress in the embark selection / world?

Screenshot didn't capture the yellow X that shows up.  It's the reclaimable slot around the dark towers/dark pits.  Guessing you are wanting to mess around for fun, since there's five guys ahead of you right now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5