Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)  (Read 6100 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 06:21:38 pm »

I have not played vanilla for some time, so I am getting familiar with it now that later.

I got 24x24 "Nagidal24x24shade.png" working, and it's so much easier on my eyes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 06:30:57 pm »

edit: ok, I read that our civ is  The Kingdom of Throats

edit 2: I copied the wrong Neighbor status.  The Kingdom of Throats is at War with Dwarves.

This is "Omthuirka" embark site
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:39:24 pm by Sanctume »

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 10:02:54 am »

I am going to play around with the save a bit too, til its my turn. To do some FPS research and stuff.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 12:38:18 am »

Moony, have you started your turn, or have you accidentally forgotten?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:12 am »

I think Moony is doing Breadbowl and that one is FPS challenged.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:50 am »

I want to kill some all the kobolds.

Add me to the turn list please, but I will only play adventure mode :)

If I get it right, we have 4 milestones to reach ?
  • ]The Golden Age
  • The Twilight Age
  • Age of fairy Tales
  • Age of Civilization
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2016, 01:38:46 pm »

I'm not an adventurer. But, I can build a site for the sole porpose of adventurers starting and having a bed to go to. Could take a while...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 10:48:20 am »

Sent PM to Waistcoats that they should take a turn now.

E: They replied that they should take a turn by Saturday or sooner.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 02:00:29 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 06:33:53 pm »

Sent PM to Waistcoats that they should take a turn now.

E: They replied that they should take a turn by Saturday or sooner.

So pretty much around the time Moony's turn would have ended anyway.  Eh, I can see there would be issues picking things up in the middle of the week.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 11:33:54 am »

Alright, I'm here and ready to go with my turn. I apologize for the delay, I hadn't expected to be called on so soon.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2016, 02:09:33 pm »

19th of Moonstone, The Year of our Lady Ustra, Goddess of Light.

My Grandfather was among the King's Fyrd for decades, and my father has fought for years against the Dwarves. Men and women of my blood have ridden astride destriers, lances in hand, and we have dashed the enemy against the battlefield. I have proven myself a valorous and skilled warrior, a skilled user of the weapon of the Justiciar, the Hammer. Perhaps by this symbolism, I have been dispatched at the head of a small group to establish a small resupply settlement close to the blighted mountainhomes of the dwarves. I am the only one of distinguished lineage in the group, followed by mere peasants. They bend the knee to me and to our Lady, and as such it is my duty to build for them a home, to give their children a chance to be greater than them, and to allow them all the sight of Dwarvern blood staining the dirt.

Hammer in hand, I have had them swear their loyalty, and as soon as our caravan arrived at it's destination they were dispatched to clear cut an area of land, the site of our new village. Nolocstral, Battleboar.

23rd Moonstone,

Our Fisherman, Utesh, dredged up the first produce of this new settlement. It seems we've found ourselves a land rich in mussels and in simple Shad fish. In honour of this, I have granted him a small patch of land by the stream, outside of the planned borders of the small fort, wherein he will have a small cottage, equipped with a fishery, a simple living quarter, and an area in the roofing to store his caught fish in barrels.

We have also set to work on the first few homes within the planned fort, seven small huts, sufficient for the poor workers of Nolocstral. I, generous noble I am, will wait until all others are accommodated before constructing my home, a tower made from quarried stone and granite brought along from the homelands. It will give me a commanding view of the area, and will provide a safe area to train a militia, should the need arise. The small peasant homes are to be equipped with basic beds, cabinets for storage of effects, and small, uninhabitable upper levels for the storage of goods, to prevent the need for a large warehouse so soon.

27th of Moonstone

The peasants are all skilled in their craft, and within the first few days of true settlement here, a successful and blooming patch of potato plants has been built, guarded by the group of dogs brought with us to ward off the numerous Turkeys to be used as egg and meat producers. With food provided, we have built a few workshops, simply for the conversion of our imported granite into bricks, the production of beds and barrels, and the crafting of the needed nest boxes to begin the production of Turkey eggs. The peasants have seemingly developed quite a taste for a concoction of turkey eggs and potato tubers, made by mashing the two products together and cooking them over a fire, or in a simple pot. It is rather moorish, one must admit, but I only eat it out of neccesity, I assure you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:21:43 pm by Waistcoats »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »

Cute fishing cottage. Hatch access, grated fishing?

Marksdwarf tower?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2016, 03:17:51 pm »

Marksdwarf tower?

It's Marksman tower.  Unless you are a dwarven spy, of course...

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2016, 04:30:04 pm »

I haven't yet built the place, but it will likely serve as a fortification, barracks and home for my noble. I'm quite taken with my little loft storage areas thus far.

25th Granite, The Year of our Lady, 251

This new year has shown us the treachery of the other races. In the dead of winter, as the peasants worked hard to build their homes, a pair of treacherous ratlings, disgraceful kobolds, burst out from the underbrush and rushed at the village. The dogs saw them, the traitorous little thieves, and the people, called to arms by a mutual disgust for the little rats, picked up their tools and chased the skulking filth off. One of them escaped, but the other was shunted down into the river. Driven by fervour, and tricked by the Kobold's swan song, our farmer, Medi, dived into the river after the vermin, and beat it to death with her bear hands. It's blood flowed away with the water. Medi, however, is stuck down a small chasm in the river, the water not deep enough to drown her, but disallowing any escape. She has been kept fed by her reverent fellows, and she has receded into something resembling religious observation.

A few more weeks passed, with the peasants invigorated in their work by the potato harvest, and by the prayers of Medi, resounding through the small village, until a caravan of Elves arrived. They grimaced, even to have to speak to me, and as we presented our goods for trade, the sneering cannibals refused even to accept a gift of fresh caught fish. Their arrogance is unbounded. I saw a man work for hours to catch those fish, another to build the barrel, and more to salt it for trade, and the half beasts would rather eat men and women than our produce?

We seized what meagre offerings they had brought and sent them away. I made sure to thank the lady that they had not come with guards. The forests of the elves shall make wonderful farmland, once the trees are ash.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2016, 04:45:22 pm »

No cool animal or liaison?

Yay, water? Wait, drowning. Not yay.
It's Marksman tower.  Unless you are a dwarven spy, of course...
Neither?
We seized what meagre offerings they had brought and sent them away. I made sure to thank the lady that they had not come with guards. The forests of the elves shall make wonderful farmland, once the trees are ash.
I haven't done much adv mode/embark anywhere, but what happens if you cut down/cave in the home trees....And just all the trees in elven forest retreats? Do the big ones lose market status?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5