Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)  (Read 6102 times)

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Achieving The Age of Twilight (Modded Succession World)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »

No cool animal or liaison?

Yay, water? Wait, drowning. Not yay.
It's Marksman tower.  Unless you are a dwarven spy, of course...
Neither?
We seized what meagre offerings they had brought and sent them away. I made sure to thank the lady that they had not come with guards. The forests of the elves shall make wonderful farmland, once the trees are ash.
I haven't done much adv mode/embark anywhere, but what happens if you cut down/cave in the home trees....And just all the trees in elven forest retreats? Do the big ones lose market status?

I honestly don't know. No Liason. The Elves brought an Emu, so once I have the nest boxes for the horde of Turkeys, Emu Omelletes will become a food for the elite. I feel I'm missing something when it comes to potato farming. The plants are produced, harvested, and cooked, and then there are no potato seeds., but otherwise all is well. The farmer in the stream is in the very edge of the map, hence her being trapped, and the flow of the river is keeping her safe. She is surprisingly rather happy.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:19:08 pm by Waistcoats »

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »

How long do I have to run my turn? I would have added this as an edit on the above post, but it's a rather important question and it's more likely to be seen this way

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »

How long do I have to run my turn? I would have added this as an edit on the above post, but it's a rather important question and it's more likely to be seen this way

Let's say 2nd of September, with all future turns lasting til the next Friday.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »

Much Appreciated. The story of the strangely undrowned nun village will continue soon enough.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2016, 05:30:37 pm »

...I feel I'm missing something when it comes to potato farming. The plants are produced, harvested, and cooked, and then there are no potato seeds., but otherwise all is well. ...

I think, even as human, cooking food will kill the seeds. They spawn seeds when they eat the Fruit/Vegetable raw, i think.
If they don't eat them raw then we might encounter a problem with vegetables as foodsource for humans.  :o

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2016, 04:44:52 am »

I mean, grain is the obvious solution, what with it producing seeds both when milled and when brewed, but that require either a Quern or a functional mill.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2016, 05:12:43 am »

A windmill is the obvious solution here.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:31 am »

17th of Hematite of the year 251

A caravan has arrived from the homelands, pure humans visiting us for once. Unfortunately, we have thus far been unable to produce much of value in terms of crafts, having not yet started either the planned winery or the production of arms and armour. We had hoped to purchase an anvil from this caravan, to allow us to begin our metal industry properly, but this Caravan, along with all others, have not yet brought one, leaving us somewhat stranded. Tiring of our poverty, we have set to work constructing the great tower that shall mark our fortification, and digging a small quarry to prospect for local metals. Our industry will begin to blossom soon, or so I hope.

22nd Malachite,

Glorious day! Today we have produced our very first barrel of Nolocstral Wine! Not only have we produced this ambrosia, bitter as it may be, but Medi has awoken from her prayers, and after several hours of hard labour, our miner, Enasm, a sturdy one to be sure, freed her from the riverbed. She has returned stoicly to her work, uninjured by the months of meditation. Along with all that good news, two new peasants, a dyer and a weaver have arrived, telling us that now they have cleared the path, there will be more to come. Their talents will be put to use once our textile industry begins, but for the mean time they are tasked with the construction of a wall to encircle our small village,  to keep what little prosperity we have safe. Along with this, Unasm has been digging another quarry, this one down to the stone. He has met with dolomite, a stone I am told that is renowned for containing silver and gold!

We may be unable to produce weapons and arms without an anvil, but I shall surely be the richest Caravan Mistress in the Kingdom! I can see it now, in the years to come, drinking this first year's vintage from a goblet of solid gold, a scepter of silver in one hand, looking out from the great tower that will be my abode. I cannot wait.

10th of Galena,

The Lady is smiling on me, for I did not have to wait long. What ore did we strike, you ask? Silver? Gold? Nay, I tell you, something greater! Raw, Pure Platinum! The most glorious metal known! I had Unasm bring me a nugget of the glorious metal, and I am captivated by it's shimmering glory. It is truly perfect. Silver pales in comparison. I have orderred the construction of a smithing complex to refine this ore into ingots for sale. I shall be rich indeed.

10th of Sandstone

Life is plodding along simply enough. The peasants continue to slowly get through their work, Medi remains trapped on the wrong side of the river, though a bridge is being built to get her back. More platinum has been found, but the smithy hasn't yet been completed. Rye Beer seems to have replaced wine by popularity, as we now possess several barrels full to the brim with the thick, warming substance. Along with it, the steady stream of eggs have provided all manner of foods for us, along with the local trees which produce almonds and apricots plentifully. A few new migrants have arrived, and their housing adds another order to the backlog of construction orders that need to be filled. I have constructed a dining room in the tower, and all now have at the very least their own cup and bowl for food and drink.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:46:11 am by Waistcoats »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 11:00:31 am »

Missing metal industry, hm? Using just bows now, I take it?

At least when it comes to platnium, part of the value could be extracted by masonry, mechanics and rock crafting.

Nolocstral wine = ???

How good a swimmer is Medi now?

...Wait, how did she get trapped AGAIN?!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 11:10:34 am »

Doesn't platinum only come in small clusters? 

I can imagine a platinum maul would hit much harder than a platinum war hammer.  Save some for moods.  And find one who likes mauls and get them to weapon smithing soon.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 11:43:52 am »

I wish I could record the date but I do not know it, my fellows, for tragedy has today claimed three of our number. Before dawn, a few of our number, lead by Medi, had been working to smelt the first bars of Platinum, but were brutally attacked by a horrible monstrosity, a Wererhinoceros, it's twisted form charging around the newly built blacksmith's quarters. The three of them there, one a devoted father of four, another a monk so long lost to the waters, and the third only fifteen years old, fought valiantly with what they had, raining blows onto the beast's inhuman form, but to no avail. It slaughtered them all, each in turn, only being defeated once the militia was awakened by it's horrible screeching. I rushed from my bed and launched arrows at it, but overcome by rage I dived at it, and beat it over and over again with a bow we had taken from the elves, beating at it's neck until it c eased to struggle, crushing it's windpipe. I lie now, weeping with those who have lost so much, and have ordered that caskets be made. They will lie in the darkened chamber used to support the tower, between the pillars.

May the Lady Guide them.

I looked over each of our number for wounds, but miraculously found none. No one was bitten that yet survives, and we have no fear of one of our own turning at the next full moon. The bodies will be buried, the werecreature burnt to ash and scattered to the winds, and work will continue on equipping a militia that next time will not allow three to die before defeating the foe. Lady help the enemy who next tries to attack us, for there are four half orphanned sons I have vowed to train and to arm to avenge their father upon the world at large.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 11:47:28 am »

Missing metal industry, hm? Using just bows now, I take it?

At least when it comes to platnium, part of the value could be extracted by masonry, mechanics and rock crafting.

Nolocstral wine = ???

How good a swimmer is Medi now?

...Wait, how did she get trapped AGAIN?!

Essentially, Medi and Unasm the miner got trapped in the shallow end of the stream. Unasm got out, somehow, but only recently got around to digging out some steps to allow Medi out. Somehow, he ended up digging stairs on the side of the river the village has no access to, leaving Medi to eat vermin for a few more months, before being murdered by a Werebeast. Nolocstral is the name of the settlement, I was just attaching it to the wine for flavour. In truth I haven't gotten to large scale armament yet, mainly because building above ground takes a really, really long time. Rest assured, I'll be arming as many as possible as soon as possible. I am hoping for any blunt Platinum weapon, though I will certainly reserve some for moods. I seem to have found an embark with an Alluvial layer, which has given me two or three clusters of platinum ore so far, along with some tetrahedrite.

Edit: Just to point out how serious I was about the Orphan Squad, I now have eight children or recently adults who had their parents die to that Werebeast. I fully well intend to make a squad out of them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:50:44 am by Waistcoats »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 12:11:48 pm »

Wererhinoceros?

You must weaponize and mass-produce them and release into settlements, then! That's one of the largest werebeasts you can get.

And oh well, goodbye Medi. What is the wine made of?

How's the population? Reserving 3-4 dwarves for armament out of 60 would help with progressing it. Though without anvil, even a mood will yield naught.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 12:28:46 pm »

Only 24. It's hard to make wealth quickly when you have to build above ground. The wine is, oddly enough, actually grape wine. I brought grapes at embark, though it seems as if barley and rye make better crops anyway, and food is easily handled by the five or six hundred eggs I get in a year, along with the massive amounts of fishing. I mostly use crops to produce rye beer.

24th Hematite, The Year of our Lady 252,

Time has passed on peacefully for our small settlement, though it has swelled in numbers. Our population nears fourty, with eight or nine children scurrying around and playing with wooden toys liberated from the elves. We have as yet been unable to procure an anvil for the settlement, as not a single trade has brought one, neither elf nor man seeming to think it wise. Despite this, we have set about the proper arming and armouring of a unit of militia, procuring arms by the sale of Billon and Platinum, and producing armour from the leather of slaughtered pigs . It is not noble armour, but it serves it's purpose.

(I have to ask, does our civ have iron? Because I legitimately have no idea where the anvils are. There were none on the embark screen, not even steel, and not a single one has been brought by traders. I have no idea what is happening, and when the sieges come I will be sorely lacking in proper equipment. Any ideas to get hold of an Anvil?)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:15:32 pm by Waistcoats »

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 02:20:20 pm »

Well, I'm satisfied with the simple set of wooden houses and the bustling little village I've built, buit I'm beginning to be frustrated by the lack of anvils, and I've got school to be get4ting back to, so I'm concluding my turn a tad early.

Save:http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12393

I'll message the next person along and let them now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5