Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Wasteland: Roleplaying game (Part II: No dice)  (Read 797 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
The Wasteland: Roleplaying game (Part II: No dice)
« on: August 16, 2016, 02:00:48 am »

You know, I feel bad for bashing Bethesda, considering how unbelievably difficult it is to actually make a game. Let alone a good one.

I have decided to try and make my own game in the vain of Dwarf Fortress, but set in post apocalyptia of course. This thread will show my victories, massive failures, and anything in between. I am making the game with Unity, which may be a bad choice, but I don't really care to much. I just wanna try and make something worthwhile.

This is gonna be difficult, but it'll be fun, hopefully :D

PART I: FALLOUT INSPIRATIONS

Stay tuned :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:11:08 pm by XhAPPYSLApX »

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wasteland: Life Simulator/Roguelike (Part I: Fallout inspirations)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »

PART I a: FALLOUT INSPIRATIONS

I've always fancied the idea of making my own game, especially a Fallout game, but of course I can't do that because legal reasons. But I can take inspiration from it.

And that's exactly what I'm doing. Except, I wanna try something a little different for it, I wanna try a life simulation of a post apocalypse. And of course make it part roguelike too. What I want to do for the first week of development is to make a basic random NPC generator, complete with a trait system. Will update the post when I make the first parts of it tonight.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wasteland: Life Simulator/Roguelike (Part I: Fallout inspirations)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:43:24 pm »

Intriguing. I'll leave a little PTW here.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wasteland: Roleplaying game (Part II: No dice)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »

PART II: NO DICE

I have decided to ditch Unity for this project, and picked up RPGMaker instead.

No random generation, I'm going for an old school cRPG style now, complete with authentic monochrome green :D

Here's the pics of what I've done so far: http://imgur.com/a/tNVKt

The color scheme may be pretty ugly to some people, but I like it for some reason. Maybe I've looked at the Pipboy in Fallout too much xD Ah well, no matter. Stay tuned for more :D

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wasteland: Roleplaying game (Part II: No dice)
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:03:45 am »

I have turned this into a different game entirely, check here for more info: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160127.0