Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't forget about the DF Map Archive!  (Read 6726 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: Don't forget about the DF Map Archive!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 08:34:16 pm »

I'd browse more if it weren't for needing Flash.
Yup, I just opened the DFMA in Chrome on my android tablet, saw "cannot" load plugin, closed it again.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 04:52:59 pm »

I'm not able to download save files of these to play in Dwarf Fortress, am I?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 09:16:56 pm »

I'm not able to download save files of these to play in Dwarf Fortress, am I?

Not unless you contact the uploader and they happen to have the files around.

saharo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 04:16:20 am »

Sorry to up this old post but I have a few questions, and involving you who followed this thread works just perfect.
Is Markavian still active?
There are a couple of bugs that are not making the service more attractive than it is.
(I saw this user on reddit having trouble with the compressor: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/ao406m/first_stage_of_my_undersea_tavern_project/ )
The DF Maps Archive is just a great place to enjoy fortresses....well, the best we have so far. I admit that a webapp done with some new web technologies would be better but the Archive is a great resourse nontheless.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 03:07:26 pm »

Sorry to up this old post but I have a few questions, and involving you who followed this thread works just perfect.
There are a couple of bugs that are not making the service more attractive than it is.
(I saw this user on reddit having trouble with the compressor: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/ao406m/first_stage_of_my_undersea_tavern_project/ )
The DF Maps Archive is just a great place to enjoy fortresses....well, the best we have so far. I admit that a webapp done with some new web technologies would be better but the Archive is a great resourse nontheless.
Is the issue TWBT? Not sure if the multilevel rendering counts as unique tiles or not.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 05:15:31 pm »

Hi. I was being distracted by my future wifey. We spent 2018 playing (at least one) boardgame every day of the year... I'm here now. Ask me anything.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 05:15:49 pm »

I've noticed over the past few years a decline in the number of posters and comments. I have no statistics to back up this claim, so datahounds and/or Markavian feel free to prove me wrong. The website has never been all that popular, but even for a DF-centric resource (meaning the smallest of the small communities) it seems kinda stagnant. When people play succession forts and finish their turn, you would think the first thing would be to upload to the archive, but it's surprisingly hit-and-miss.

When I get chance, I will happily dig out the historical stats used on the recent activity page, and paint you a full picture of user behaviour of time :) I've made a note on my project page.
Pages: 1 [2]