Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Bearers of Flame-Sign-ups OOC  (Read 2247 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bearers of Flame-Sign-ups (Medival Low-Mid fantasy hunter game) OOC
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:46 am »

What is the state of religion?
    In antiquity homage was paid to the locale spirits or greater monsters.  Myth holds that many would sacrifice food, valuables and even their enemies to the most prominent of locale powers and as such those powers in turn grew stronger.  Eventually however the Guilds-men rose up and in their struggle to rid the land of evil slew many of the peoples religious figureheads.  Initially they were reviled and chased out of the towns for the turmoil they brought though in time the people came to realize that their lives were better without the looming fear of pleasing the fickle creatures they once called gods. 
    For modern times, there are still remote cults who worship dead myths as their deities though the most commonly accepted religion in the civilized world is the Temple of Light.  It's priests and followers build grand structures of glass and stone that shine beautifully in day, and even in this age of darkness seem to have an illuminating light about them.  The temple's teachings are based strongly around upstanding morals and helping their fellow man, in turn they immortalize blessed people as saints, and worship icons that stand as symbols of good and hope. 
    Otherwise there is a large number of other minor religions that vary wildly from town to town.  Duskstar itself has a popular following of the cult of aether who believe that those who strive to be the best in their chosen path of life will be raised to live in the night sky as stars.  In turn, it's priests gather fortunes from the night sky and claim it to be guidance from the pillars of society past.
(Atheism is also accepted broadly and many various orders, knighthoods and sects spring up frequently with their own take on the idea of the human soul.  Basically you can describe your own beliefs if you like and no one would really look at you sideways though worshipers of other ideology may frequently try and debate the differences with you.)

*Hugenerd can you break up your skills onto separate lines so it's a bit easier to read please?  Also calculate your derived stats for me please.
Snowdwarf-Looks excellent.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:33:00 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this alright?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:36:10 pm by vishdafish »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 03:38:34 pm »

So dex would be chance to dodge, I assume?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »

Yeah it's acceptable for sure vishdafish.  A bit more backstory would be nice mind you such as what the name of the mercenary company was, why he has come to Duskstar and what has happened to his compatriots.

Hugenerd, your speed should be 10=10 dex x level 1

I forgot to add in the combat stats in better detail, will edit those into the second post when I get home.  But generally yes dodging will be affected by speed, skill in it, terrain and what sort of armor you have.
Nom nom nom

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »

Does gunpowder exist?
I'm thinking of making an Arquebusier.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Is this ok?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:53:25 pm by flazeo25 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 08:53:40 pm »

Does gunpowder exist?
I'm thinking of making an Arquebusier.
It would exist in extremely limited quantities as an artifact of the Guild's original members.  Of course you're trading availability for extreme killing potential.  That said, you could of course attempt to manufacturer it yourself with the right ingredients and time but you also run the risk of damaging yourself or your equipment.

Flazeo-Your sheet works out fine, the backstory threw me for a bit of the loop due to some wording but I think I understand it now.
Nom nom nom

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 09:28:08 pm »

Edited post, does it need anything more?

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »

Hand grenades should also exist. They were the earliest gunpowder weapon depicted in art.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 11:11:44 pm »

Hand grenades should also exist. They were the earliest gunpowder weapon depicted in art.
More like, small hand-bombs
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 11:19:45 pm »

Yeah black powder bombs ala darksouls would definitely be around.  Not been manufactured en-masse in recent history however.  Keep in mind that most useful war-gear would be from two centuries ago or more.
Nom nom nom

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 01:20:30 am »

((Understood about the punctuation thing I've been trying to curb it myself and thanks for the advice.))

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:23:17 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »

Hi AbstractTraitorHero, your character looks good, I like the concept you have there.  I would recommend in the future is to keep your sentences a bit better punctuated and a little shorter.  As well you can combine First Aid and surgery into Medical and take an additional skill in something else, perhaps anatomy which would give you a better understanding of the physical forms of all living creatures.

Updated second post with some mechanics for those of you who were wondering how combat will work.  You won't need to be concerned with how it works as I'll handle all of the numbers but of course feel free to ask about anything you are curious of. 

Also, I'll be picking the initial players tomorrow morning (In about 18 hours from right now).  So if anyone has any last minute sheets or changes they want to make tonight would be the time.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:39:19 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 07:20:55 pm »

Done.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:38:28 pm by GiglameshDespair »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4