Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Bearers of Flame-Sign-ups OOC  (Read 2245 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bearers of Flame-Sign-ups (Medival Low-Mid fantasy hunter game) OOC
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 09:06:08 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160077.0  IC is up, I unfortunately decided to go with four players since my life has suddenly become hectic again.  The rest of you are on the wait-list (which I will edit into the first post later).  The four characters are

Holy Maiden Elizabeth
Vibian Amarante-Trader’s daughter
Rold Ravenshield-The Unlucky Bandit’s Son
Yarra Awerick the Apothecary's daughter

Everyone else is of course welcome to post PTW or some such in the IC thread to keep track of it if you so wish.

Please introduce yourselves as you like, with descriptions of anything you feel is important.  You will of course all take seats at the same table so please chat among yourselves while you await the person who called you there.  I shall put stat-sheets for you in the OOC thread that includes equipment you started with/armor and such on the second post as I get a chance though it is not important for the mean time.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bearers of Flame-Sign-ups OOC
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 10:07:19 am »

Due to the relatively slow pacing it seems of the current players (Coupled with my extreme amounts of free time) registration is now open again, anyone who has posted a sheet and is still interested to join please just say so here and I'll introduce you into the IC momentarily. 

New sign ups are still fully welcome.

I'll add up to 8 people initially I think and then go on pacing from there as long as I can keep on top of it.  Once we end up with a combat scenario it might be a bit bogged down but if everyone's okay with like one combat update a day then I'll be fine.

Also accepting recommendations on pacing/changes/ect as this is the first play by post game I've done in.... years. (dear god I think it's been two years actually.. gross)
Nom nom nom

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Still interested.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »

I'm just really busy during the week, but more active on weekends.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 02:26:17 pm »

Yeah I'm a bad gauge of activity since I spend basically all day at work on reddit/facebook just hitting refresh wondering what's happening.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »

Well, what do you know. :P I don't have time to correct this right now, so if something is wrong, it'll have to wait a bit for me to fix it.

Spoiler: My submission (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2016, 12:40:44 am »

I'm starting school again tomorrow so I will get really busy during the week.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 08:10:06 am »

Due to the relatively slow pacing it seems of the current players (Coupled with my extreme amounts of free time) registration is now open again, anyone who has posted a sheet and is still interested to join please just say so here and I'll introduce you into the IC momentarily. 

New sign ups are still fully welcome.

I'll add up to 8 people initially I think and then go on pacing from there as long as I can keep on top of it.  Once we end up with a combat scenario it might be a bit bogged down but if everyone's okay with like one combat update a day then I'll be fine.

Also accepting recommendations on pacing/changes/ect as this is the first play by post game I've done in.... years. (dear god I think it's been two years actually.. gross)

I-Im definitely still interested!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 09:18:14 am »

Great, I'll add you three in probably either later tonight or Monday.  You'll already be aware of what's been explained so far in the game due to reasons that will be clear once you are introduced.  Gonna pause registration again for a bit till I have you three in.  Thanks a lot for the interest!

Edit:For the current players, if you feel you should have a different weapon/armor/more/ect please let me know here.  Took a shot at what seemed balanced and made sense from your backgrounds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:16:54 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

Could I get my clothes changed to garb and sandy cloak, along with pouch along the waist to carry herbs and such.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »

Now, I don't want to start complaining immediately, but assuming you're using a d20 I can't help but feel an effective +4 to enemy dodge AC is a little harsh with the arquebus, when the bow has the same damage over two turns.

I'm also wondering how you worked out AC?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 06:28:54 pm »

Dodge AC is dex-10, and armor AC is what seems appropriate to be honest.  And you're right the turn reload is enough of a downgrade.  I'm totally open to changes and suggestions as I'm basically just butchering pathfinder system and some of it's rules.  The AC one being 'AC is DR instead of dodge chance' specifically.

basically yeah, it's not complaining as I'm trying to set up a new system that I intend to use for a long time.  So it's definitely free for changes/suggestions.
Nom nom nom

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 06:41:20 pm »

Yeah.

The arquebus is strong per shot, but ammunition is more limited and it's less tactically flexible with firing a shot per two turns. That's enough without a huge miss chance as well.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:16 am »

My equipment looks great other than I want a sheriff-cowboy-Jackson like hat listed in the equipment. Also what's our walking speed?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 11:55:32 am »

More bumps!

What's going on here, anyway?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4