Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grimm's WIP Pokemon Mod (Current Pokemon: 9)  (Read 1092 times)

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grimm's WIP Pokemon Mod (Current Pokemon: 9)
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:36:13 pm »

There's currently only three evolutionary lines (for a total of seven Pokemon), but here's where I'm keeping my Pokemon mod as I update it. Please try it out if you're interested and leave comments below! Currently all Pokemon are common domestics for testing purposes. This won't be the case in the final mod.

Current Evolutionary Lines: Caterpie, Snubbull, Skiddo, Houndour

Features:
-Pokemon are much stronger than regular animals! They have innate combat skills, are more resistant to damage, and heal faster. Keep in mind that pet values reflect the fact that eventually all the animals will be Pokemon.
-All Pokemon lay eggs, one at a time. These are inedible and about the size of a Togepi.
-Pokemon will evolve after time periods corresponding to the amount of experience it takes them to reach the level they evolve in-game.
-Shiny Pokemon will rarely spawn and hatch. They're highly valuable and have more valuable materials (valuable materials not fully implemented yet).
-Pokemon-related materials have generic names (a common Pokemon drops "common Pokemon skin"). This is because Pokemon who "evolve" will still drop their original form's materials if killed. This ensures that Butterfree doesn't drop "Caterpie chitin." Currently all Pokemon are set to "common" regardless of final rarity.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12349

Currently Working On: Cleaning up existing Pokemon, tweaking some attacks
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:35:42 pm by Managrimm »

Candlefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grimm's WIP Pokemon Mod (Current Pokemon: 7)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:29:09 am »

This sounds good :3 I have a feeling the end result will have forests catching on fire randomly and other fun stuff, as such, I'm posting to watch this thread :P
Question, will starters be domestic?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grimm's WIP Pokemon Mod (Current Pokemon: 7)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:34:21 pm »

I plan on having them be very rare, along with all the other Pokemon you couldn't catch in the wild in the games they were introduced (such as Togepi and Riolu) and the psuedo legendaries (like Dratini). If your civ happens to find them in worldgen they'll domesticate them though.

And yes, I anticipate many things being set on fire! I'm currently working on Houndoom actually. Trying to see if I can give him a hot breath attack that causes pain that will "never go away" as per his Pokedex entry. It's pretty hard to test how much pain the dwarves are in since it's near impossible for them to survive a direct hit at the moment. Edit: Oh, durr. I can just make a temporary interaction that only adds the syndrome.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:17:52 pm by Managrimm »