- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 220234 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #4050 on: December 29, 2016, 01:22:20 am »

The demon hisses.

"So be it." A scroll appears on your lap with a puff of smoke. It's a very long and very thick scroll.

"I shall return in seven nights, and you better provide the riches... or elsssssss..." The demon dematerializes with cloud of toxic smoke and the sky becomes normal again. The courtiers murmur, some still not believing in what they see.

You set out to read the contract while your scribes hastily invade the library in search for a copy of the contract.

The contract states that to fight against the ogre nomads from the north (say wut) and slaying of their leader, Brenan decided to ask a traveling magician of some sort (no details here) to summon a supernatural being, and that being was Cho'vac. Unfortunately Brenan couldn't provide enough riches for Cho'vac so they struck a deal; Cho'vac would return in 500 years to collect the money, and the amount agreed upon was 'the size and value of the Palace of Luathbas King'.

The scribes do find a very old scroll of which text is barely readable, but enough words and passages can be read to determine that it is the Luathbas copy of the contract.

The debts of your predecessors will sure ruin you one day.

A) Inform the Treasurer to start counting coins for the demon.
B) Order the scribes to re-read all scrolls and books on Brenan and his dynasty and his palace, maybe you can out-smart the demon or something.
C) Summon the Army to the Palace as surely you aren't going to pay demon palace-sized amounts of money!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: December 29, 2016, 01:24:07 am »

B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:13 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: December 29, 2016, 03:10:26 am »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: December 29, 2016, 03:26:55 am »

Perhaps ol' Brenan's palace was the size of a barn, and cost him 200 sheep.
Even though a poor roll here will probably have disastrous consequences,

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: December 29, 2016, 07:45:05 am »

B.

Time for wisdom to actually pay for it's bread.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:50 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: December 29, 2016, 05:38:16 pm »

B.

And may the dice be with us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: December 30, 2016, 01:15:03 am »

You order the scribes to catch up on history lessons about Brenan, so they spend few days in the library.

Unfortunately they find some facts and none are too good:

Brenan's dynasty fell thirty years later and their successors got rid of their possessions and administrative scrolls, Brenan's palace was the size of a mead hall, and that Brenan had a penchant - if this particular apocrypha is to be believed - to pay with copper and silver money to those he rewarded.

"But we use gold now, your majesty." Your trade advisor chimes in.

The scribes also re-read both Cho'vac's and Luathbas contracts, and they're sure that the contract says 'monetary payment equal to the size of the Palace of Luathbas King', without specifying whose Palace it must be.

Hmmm.

A) Ask the Treasurer to appraise the worth of Luathbas palace and present it in the wealth of copper and silver coins in three days.
B) Compose a speech in which you explain Cho'vac that silver and copper are so first half of the millenium and therefore you will pay him a (smaller) bundle of gold.
C) Send orders to Army to assemble at the Capital in three days and prepare for, well, demon-slaying, but you're sure they can succeed.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: December 30, 2016, 01:34:00 am »

Well, now does anyone remember that we expanded the Palace at least TWICE (with refurbishments and refining how grand it may be in strategical value too)? :P

A is NOT a good idea. Unless...do we know anything other than the presumed 'convert gold to probable copper and silver coin worth', since I assume copper/silver coin = lesser than gold coin.

C...has us pit our armies against demons. The only mystical creature I recall our army faired well against was the SALT demon, and that's by catapulting water (and good rolls!)...I'm wondering if our Wisdom can help us defeat this demon though if we picked that.

...B
Unless anyone can nudge A or C better >.< I'd not like to spend a ton of people's lives in fight against a demon. And I'm wholly unsure about A because of the unspecific nature (the Trade advisor's words have meaning to them but it's not that straight-cut for me :/ Does he mean 'we use gold' meaning copper and silver have less value? That leads to B. Does it mean that copper and silver CAN be used instead since we don't deem it as monetary value and thus "TOTALLY OKAY", then A [as that probably means no hit to our economy compared to a 'possible tiny hit' in B, and the demon's awareness to the timeline].

Edoot: However we have no idea if that applies :I Due process of the law follows "A" though, because we CAN actually cite the context of when it was written, and due to our Wise trait, it is very reasonable to imply that King Brennen had his thoughts towards his own context.)

...Uh, A instead!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:41:02 am by Tiruin »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: December 30, 2016, 06:14:41 am »

We cannot choose C; our army is more valuable than our treasury. Like Tiruin, I can't tell which of A and B has us giving the Demon less money.
Could you clarify which is less, Haspen?

Our wisdom should hopefully let us bullshit the demon into accepting whichever is less, so I vote for

Whichever is less. (Not C)
Long Live United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: December 30, 2016, 06:18:54 am »

C, maybe we can even get the Pantheon to help! If there was ever a time for them to put their militants to use, now would be it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4062 on: December 30, 2016, 06:44:10 am »

A
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:56 am »

C, maybe we can even get the Pantheon to help! If there was ever a time for them to put their militants to use, now would be it.
I doubt we actually have church militants--and even if there were, it isn't implied in C.
Unless we get a roll on this and it's a really good one, y'know. :V [I bet there's a malus or something because {DEEMONS} or the ideas of such aren't really nice. Like Dwarves but more mystical.]

Although considering the danger of sorcerers or stuff, we should invest in the priesthood for that reason too :P

Also...

I think [A] is a time-keeper, given that the demon DID say 1 week, and we obviously can assume safely that it's more than the '3 days' mentioned unless the world traveled REAL SLOWLY back then. :P

(Vote A guyyysssssss (and girls, but that's included anyway :P))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: December 30, 2016, 07:06:38 am »

I don't think we have nearly enough gold to do A without placing ourselves in crippling debt (do bear in mind that the Sorceress asked for less way back when, and that basically emptied our treasury of 8). And if we're going to ruin ourselves, why not do so in style?
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 379