Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 130622 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! War crime factory
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2016, 05:49:31 pm »

More training in multitasking.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2016, 08:37:52 pm »

Watch those regrowing tips. That's worrying. Or maybe it's not, I don't know how this shit works, I'm just here to kill shit. Speaking of killing shit, make sure the lab isn't being infiltrated
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2016, 11:07:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:27 am »

If only I had more time. I could spend time refining and perfecting.

Continue researching Quantum Brains and Reactor
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:00:35 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2016, 09:56:18 am »

Keep that working spirit up!

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:59:16 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2016, 01:29:09 pm »

Day 13

If only I had more time. I could spent my time refining and perfecting.

Continue researching Quantum Brains and Reactor

Memory units get built and tested, and as far as you can tell, they work perfectly fine. No suprises there.

Work with fission reactor is cut before you can start because you get an idea that simply cannot be ignored. Managing stream of gaseous uranium has created new technologies which can also be adapted for managing stream of electrically charged particles. With some additions particle beam is not mere curiosity for space combat, but very realistic anti-armor weapon. Basic things you need to do are rather simple, but getting them work in perfect unison is not. Particularly power requirements is what would normally inhibit usage of such weapon on field, but with portable fission reactor that limitation is lifted. And the best thing? There's no protection against beam of particles traveling near speed of light.

Your soldier will steal stuff on tomorrow night.

More training in multitasking.

Training continues you and slowly get to the point where you don't have to focus all your attention on managing things with the chip and you can actually walk around maintaining simple conversation. With this you have reached basic proficiency using the MMI. Learning to use it on new device with minimum acceptable precision doesn't take longer than than couple of hours.

I'll assume from now on you keep practicing daily to reach higher levels of skill.

"Look, I'm not saying this excuses what I did. But you have to understand that at the time, it seemed like a great idea. A lot of ideas do when you're on half the drugs I am."

Head Researcher Curious George, Knuckle Deep In The Mind, A Memoir

Into TERRIBLE GLORY we must ride! Lead me to the stars!

While you fervently work to finish up installation package you come up with a method which will make neurons grow twice as fast into designed shape. The method should be usable in hive mind module without any extra effort. After you finish single module of TERRIBLE GLORY you get instantly one test subject for impromptu brain surgery and install it. You are pretty sure neurons should grow in functional state in two or four days. Until then you just have to wait to see what it actually does. Or you could try to decode it. Shouldn't be nowhere as hard as designing entirely new naural networks.

The test subject is placed into separate observation room for now.

Quote from: NAV
Automated research

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Watch those regrowing tips. That's worrying. Or maybe it's not, I don't know how this shit works, I'm just here to kill shit. Speaking of killing shit, make sure the lab isn't being infiltrated

On this morning you find you have fully functional fingers again. Awesome! The downside is that new skin has never seen work, its all soft without wrinkles and calluses, unlike your other hand. You probably will experience all kinds of funny blisters in coming days.

Quote from: penguinofhonor
Automated research

You complete your experiments today of merging individuals together. A great success. Few lives were lost, but you managed to merge couple of people together.

As you take off your blood soaked gloves you give a good thinking about work you have done until now. Large amounts of study about unusual biological manipulation, DNA manipulation and customized viruses doing the DNA manipulation for you. All this work you couldn't done without The Company's generous assistance and freedom from ethical and moral bounds. After all this work you are starting to see flesh as something very malleable, easily alterable. Something that could be called a hypothesis starts forming in your mind. How to manipulate flesh even more freely. Flesh is weak, but with properly managed is can do impressive things. It requires a good deal of experiments, refining methods and hypothesis.

Theory of fleshcraft. It sounds nice.

Keep that working spirit up!

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2016, 01:32:54 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2016, 01:40:27 pm »

Intriguing. Unfortunate that I will need to delay other work to research this, but it seems worth the effort. Besides, quantum brains are at a good temporary stopping point, and returning to that project after my subconscious stews on it for a while may yield new insights.

Meshanblov researches particle beams and reactors
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:28:37 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2016, 02:11:21 pm »

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2016, 03:11:39 pm »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2016, 03:47:14 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2016, 11:39:55 pm »

Last night I dreamed of countless hands pointing me the right way.

I invest all my time, energy, and resources into researching fleshcraft.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:23 am »

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2016, 06:18:05 am »

Let's keep the Terrible Glory a surprise for now. Do keep the design filed away and backed up, though. Maximum security measures on the lucky lottery winner (do we have a lottery, or are test subjects advanced on the basis of least attachment and perceived value by their peers?).

Work the neuron growth improvements into the hive mind modules. Efficiency is good stuff. Put the modules into five fresh subjects prepared for the procedure with the improved bonding drugs, and set them on various exercises to keep their minds stimulated in all the right directions. Neurons don't grow (or at least don't persist) unless you use 'em!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2016, 06:36:39 am »

"Oh hey this is weird. I should probably increase the security in here."

Start locking the lab entrance for the night.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75