Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Space Whaling RTD Adventure: Revival - Cancelled  (Read 30508 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Whaling RTD Adventure: Revival - 6/6 Players - A Vegetatious Assault
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2016, 10:04:59 am »

((Okay, thanks for the clarification. I forgot storage space was a thing.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »

Fire another normal shot with the rail gun, if I can.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2016, 02:25:52 pm »

Once again, Andel tried to pick himself up and get a look of what the hell was happening.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Whaling RTD Adventure: Revival - 6/6 Players - A Spiky Reception
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2016, 04:28:21 pm »

No Time to Fix them Now, Now Is the Time To HUNT.
To put it in Different terms: Draw Harpoon +20 and Go Kill those (Soon to be?) invading Plant-Animals-Things.

Follow Crazyabe in attempting to deal with the vegetation/animals.

Alexander ignores his fallen crew mate and runs back to exterior of the ship, readying his harpoon.

Telyor sees Alexander rushing outside and follows him to the exterior of the ship, harpoon raised!

What they see when they arrive are 4 of the wolf like constructs(which are walking about, confused by the ship's surface) and 2 of the bird like constructs(which are clinging to the ship's surface and clawing at it with long talons). The constructs slowly begin to turn, as if noticing the presence of the two whalers, and begin to rush! Of the wolves, 3 of them seem focused on Alexander. The speed of the constructs catches him by surprise, but he is able to dodge all but one of their strikes, a particularly deadly vine lash! The vine smashes into his chest, and a couple ribs break on impact! Due to the attack being mostly blunt force, his suit remains intact. Despite the pain and his difficult breathing due to his wound, he remains standing. In response, he gets ready to throw his harpoon, cable and all! After throwing the harpoon, he pulls on the cable to make a deadly swipe across two of the wolves with his incredibly sharp harpoon!  The wolves are sliced directly in half, and the pieces scatter off into space. His confidence raised, he pulls on the cable again to make a follow up attack, but almost loses his grip on the deadly weapon. He spends the rest of his time reeling the harpoon, preparing for the next foe.

The remaining grass wolf charges at Telyor! The faster whaler easily sidesteps the charge, and dices the wolf into pieces with his slightly less deadly harpoon. Thanks to his power suit, he feels little resistance. Only one wolf remains... Or at least only one would remain, but another creeps out of the orb. The birds simply begin to close in on the two whalers.

Fire the laser. Aim for wooded head, again. Hope the tranq has a stronger effect. Pray, as stated above.

The turret temporarily overheats after a few pulses get sent out, and what few of them reach the target are effortlessly avoided as part of the whale's strange movements.

Edward must wake up!

If he does so, he immediately begins thrashing around. Upon realizing he has the whale's attention, he quickly changes his maneuvers from a pained spasm into a 'dance of peace'.
He attempts to shout to the whale, despite being in the vacuum of space.

Edward finally wakes with a start and begins trashing about, some of the pain subsiding as he tries to figure out what's going on. He finds the whale staring towards him and making strange motions. He begins to dance in turn, as much as one can dance in zero gravity. The whale actually seems kind of impressed, but there is little reaction, especially not to his shouting. The strange gyrating motions continue.

Once again, Andel tried to pick himself up and get a look of what the hell was happening.

Andel finally gets back into action with no help from their medic. He strains himself a bit standing up, but gets back into the pilot seat to find a wide array of open windows in regards to both the ship's damage readings and the whale's updated danger level.

Fire another normal shot with the rail gun, if I can.

The ship's final(for real this time) normal railgun shot goes wide as the ship shudders from the orb's influence. The shot flies directly into the orb, scattering the vegetation about and leaving a large hole through the center. After penetrating the orb, the round continues to slowly float towards the whale, having exhausted most of its energy. The whale swats it away with what resembles a large tree branch effortlessly. For a short time, the creeping vegetation slows down. Perhaps the orb needed to be recomposed?  In any event, the final tranquilizer rail gun shot is loaded into the railgun.

The whale looks briefly towards the orb that isn't busy consuming the ship. Suddenly, several long wooden spikes launch outward from within the orb! Perhaps it imitated the rail gun some how? Andel Dieter tries to take evasive action, but most of the spikes still impact into the hull! One smashes into the ventral section, breaking open the storage bay. As a result, a large collection of harpoons fly out into vacuum. The ship's Jackbots immediately move to seal or repair the breach, and do so admirably. Another spike impacts the aft of the ship, leaving the propulsion system wide open for the final spike! It rams into the ship's engines, causing major damage! The engines still function due to damage control protocols, but have greatly reduced effectiveness.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Techni Caliope Shuna (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anna Lyudmila Petrov (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edward Tivrusky (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Alexander Violant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Telyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andel Dieter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whale (click to show/hide)

An eventful turn. I was quite satisfied with how the melee on the ship's exterior turned out. Still, the ship is taking quite the beating.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:52:59 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2016, 04:33:18 pm »

Edward mimics the whale's gesticulations.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

I Shoot or Stab for the Orb, Assuming that Telyor will keep things from killing me while I Go After the Heart of the Matter.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2016, 09:26:02 pm »

If the laser turret is overheating, Techni will go forward to the kinetic harpoon turret, and fire again at the whale. Again, aiming for heads here, unless i judge that shot to be very difficult, in which case I will aim at whichever of the orbs presents a better target. Techni continues praying thus:

OhGodohGodohGod. Shitfuckdamndamnpiss. OhGodohGodohGodohGod. Amen.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2016, 09:35:18 pm »

((Just to provide a possible avenue of not-dying-in-space: your comms are still functioning.

And hey, Person! Nice to see this game again, even if not under my guidance. :)

Wasn't it like... 3 years, since I gave you the files?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »

((Just to provide a possible avenue of not-dying-in-space: your comms are still functioning.

so, we should call for help? Or try to talk it down? I would have done the latter first, had half the crew not already fired at it. Still considering "run away, run away" to be a semi valid alternative.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2016, 09:45:27 am »

Dieter rushes to the engine area, trying to repair the damage as best as he can.

"God damn it, now we can't even run away!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2016, 09:49:45 am »

((I think we might want to try running away while we wait to see if the tranquilizer knocks it out. That way we'll avoid getting killed by it without wasting 500+ points worth of gear.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:12 am »

Actually the impact from the first grass orb sort of smashed their Comms System. That attack could actually deal up to 12 damage, and it did exactly enough. :p

But yeah it has been about three years or so. I wasn't really all that confident about running games for the longest time, but as it turns out it really helps for it to be a game you like a lot. You know, I probably should have messaged you that I was starting this up.

Edit: Anyway, the Jack bots are going to try to fix the engines if you don't tell them to do anything else. You guys are actually kind of lucky that the damage is so spread out. You haven't taken a single point of structure damage. As an aside, I think I made the ability "Control Plants: Sight Range" a bit too hard core.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:10:20 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:07 am »

Actually the impact from the first grass orb sort of smashed their Comms System. That attack could actually deal up to 12 damage, and it did exactly enough. :p

But yeah it has been about three years or so. I wasn't really all that confident about running games for the longest time, but as it turns out it really helps for it to be a game you like a lot. You know, I probably should have messaged you that I was starting this up.

Edit: Anyway, the Jack bots are going to try to fix the engines if you don't tell them to do anything else. You guys are actually kind of lucky that the damage is so spread out. You haven't taken a single point of structure damage.
((Ah. I didn't check the actual ship status, the post text said "control system". If the comms are out, then yeah. They're a bit SOL.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2016, 10:31:22 am »

Oh weird. I did type control system instead of comms. I definitely mean comms though. Sort of an easy mistake to make considering the two words are so similar.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2016, 11:38:20 am »

You guys are actually kind of lucky that the damage is so spread out. You haven't taken a single point of structure damage. As an aside, I think I made the ability "Control Plants: Sight Range" a bit too hard core.
It is fortunate that we haven't had damage to the structure yet, though this round will probably hurt like hell, if we can't stop it, which is why Techni is concentrating on hitting the heads.  As for the control plants, it IS a level 4 threat. it was just a bad roll for us, followed by some impulsive acts. Not that I am blaming anyone - we all did what space whalers do, after all. Besides, the thing also has "cause pain" as a pretty significant ability as well.

I bet that the heads would fetch a great price, if we could take them intact. Sadly, Techni is anything but confident in his hand laser's effectiveness against such a threat, so ship based it remains.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25