Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maybe a bug for Adventure mode...?  (Read 1116 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maybe a bug for Adventure mode...?
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:37 am »

I decided to retire my character but decided to use him again so brought him out of retirement.  Now, he had claimed a lair but it had been taken away by a follower, so he went back to the nearest city and found out that all the shop signs were missing and the broozer barrels in his favorite tavern were also missing (as well as the back door to the tavern - all the other doors were still there as far as he could see).  I am not sure if this can be explained in-game - vandals, raiders, a war I missed while retired?

I went to another city and they had all their signs, barrels, and doors.  So, once again, not sure if this is a bug or maybe something happened in game and only THAT city was damaged somehow?  IT seems weird that only one city would be changed by a bug.  I am using version 43_05 and am not sure if somebody else has noticed it before me.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Maybe a bug for Adventure mode...?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:34:36 pm »

Wars and city-raids and city destruction do in fact happen.
Also maybe the tavern keeper died and the tavern went away?

People haven't experimented too much with how world activation works for some reason. (Possibly because most people dont even know its there) so we cant be sure this is a bug.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 05:56:36 pm »

First, if there's anyone left alive, ask them about troubles. They should remember the invasion of their home. If there isn't anyone in town, there might be a lord at the nearby keep, possibly one installed by the invading force. He might let you know what happens (or a bunch of goblins will rush you when you walk in if it was them).

If you're still not sure, check Legends. That'll let you know for sure.

How long has it been since your adventurer retired?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:35:46 am »

The Tavern Keeper was still there and still offered a room to rent on the menu.  And the folk were still in the town.   ???

The adventurer was only 'retired' for a week in game.  Maybe I should go ask around.  There were signs of some kind of insurrection - a few dead goblins.  I think one was a "bad guy" and the others were Tower Guards.  And Legends did mention some insurrections starting and ending during my adventurer's retirement.  My game have over 950 years of history and the region I am in has over six or seven groups trying to take control.  The major cities I visit have all changed hands many times - so a civil war while I am gone makes some sense.  Let me poke about and ask.    :-\

I better be careful - in one of the cities I killed the local Lady after she, once again, said I could not be a performer for the local Powers-That-Be.  Oh wait..that is the city I am in right now, not the city in question.  So maybe I should travel back to ask questions (and hide). :)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:58 pm »

Kind of asked around the town and, after I was killed by a Roc, checked Legends.  Does seem to be a lot of unrest within the region.  Yet I got the impression that the common, every-day, folks don't care who is in charge.  Are they just no longer caring who is their ruler is?  I seem to have a lot of multi-racial organizations - One Tower was founded by an Elf hundreds of years ago and is now run by a Human who has a populace in the surrounding city of Elfs, Dwarves, Humans, Goblins, and from what I can tell in the Legends, animal people(?).