Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: update of ye-olde masterwork to 43.05  (Read 11937 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
update of ye-olde masterwork to 43.05
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:12:46 pm »

would it be possible, and if so, would it be easy? i mean, i know its a lot to ask, but something ive always wanted was the ye-olde masterwork in 43.05, with gnomes and the TONS of enemys and buildable equipment the old version had. i just cant play anything else besides gnomes ( i mean, i probably could if i tried but i love using the drilling rig for getting lava!) because of all the cool stuff they have, like factories and equipment and aimable catapults and all sorts of cool things. sure the recent version may be more, say, trimmed down and etc, with features removed, but i love all the features the old version had, like poisoning for kobolds, and the other stuff kobolds had.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: update of ye-olde masterwork to 43.05
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:56:22 pm »

Sure, takes about 2-3 hours. Why didn't you ask sooner? I'll be done in a jiffy.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:12:11 pm »

Sure, takes about 2-3 hours. Why didn't you ask sooner? I'll be done in a jiffy.

....Can not tell if serious....*wants it to be serious*

But, really, any sort of masterwork mod on 43.05 would be GREAT because 64-bit is the fast!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:06:43 pm »

But, really, any sort of masterwork mod on 43.05 would be GREAT because 64-bit is the fast!
I'm going to put my dorfbucks on not serious :)

Masterwork needs to have a 43.05 version of DFHack before it can work on DF43.05, which is likely to take a few more weeks.  It then may or may not require a lot of rework to Masterwork's DFHackery.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:31 pm »

really? that'd be darn swell Meph you should get right on that!, while your at it add in some dragon-cat hybrid race to play?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »

I'm going to put my dorfbucks on not serious :)

Masterwork needs to have a 43.05 version of DFHack before it can work on DF43.05, which is likely to take a few more weeks.  It then may or may not require a lot of rework to Masterwork's DFHackery.
To derail the thread a bit, Meph's masterful response aside, how much rework are we talking here, for the modder using the scripts?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 11:02:09 pm »

I know that a lot of the scripts from the old Masterwork were broken in never versions of DF, so a lot of stuff for the old version won't work without massive rewrites.
I seem to recall Meph commenting early on that rebuilding from scratch was less work than converting the old hack, which was why he started working on reborn when he did.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:10:58 am »

Rydel is absolutely correct.

Dfhack autosyndrome does not exist anymore. All the raws are outdated. Roughly 50% of the custom scripts dont work. Roughly 90% of the updated scripts require a change in syntax. Civilians do not use interactions outside of combat anymore, making a lot of the more complex features unusable. World-gen stays active and civs send actual armies, yet no sieges can be called anymore, making the raiding systems obsolete. Scholars, mercs and bards would include banshees, automatons, ice giants, etc. All the plants would have to be redone, because the new ones use multi-tile trees, plant-growths and fruits.

There is a reason I did not even try to update it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::