Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pureaxe; a tale of cleansing and purification.  (Read 1057 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Pureaxe; a tale of cleansing and purification.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 09:32:29 pm »

...Didn't you complain that everyone had copper skin and black hair? I thought you decided on something else due having no segregation this way.

I prefer to mist stuff with falling or skipping minecarts. Lots of designs possible,ex #▲▲X▲#, all track/ramps EW with blocking walls at either end and wet ramps on zlevel below - just fill with pond designation and then dump a minecart in from stairs square. (Note that the square below where minecart falls takes deadly impacts from cart.) Spread mist around through fortifications or downstairs above the water so that pets cant wander in and die.

Wiki has also several screw pump designs for misting; for instance four pumps arranged into a circle on the level above.

Iirc pitchblende occurs only in small clusters, bought some on embark? I don't think falling is very dangerous anymore, though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:34:28 pm by Fleeting Frames »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:58:42 pm »

That was just as an example. XD Basically the people who have everything as close to 'perfect' are the Purest (hence calling them Purest), those with only a few 'changes' are simply Pure, and those with 'a lot' are Impure.

Hmm...Well, I do need to do crap with Minecarts. Maybe a gold one to avoid rusting... And yes, I've recently looked into mine carts, so I know about the thumpers. XD But how does misting clean them?

You can ask for the caravans to bring some. And well, radiation and the eerie purple of their coming impact will do something, surely? And it shouldn't be too hard to make the enemy fall 20z levels then have to climb back up. Although I do want them to get into battle with the Impure...hmm...well if they survive the weapon traps they'll have to fight the Impure, fight through the Impure (all of whom will be wielding a wooden weapon, armor, and shield) before reaching the entrance into the main fortress where they will deal (hopefully) with minecart shotguns of serrated green-glass disks before fully decked out in metal dwarven soldiers. And the civilians carrying wooden shields and either axes or hammers. I don't know which yet. Or whatever weapon they want to carry I guess. Or maybe copper-studded-with-gold-and-silver maces... Too bad you can't ask for something to be made to menace with spikes and have the spikes do damage when used in an attack...
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 11:28:44 pm »

...I'm not sure how much of that post is RP and how much is serious XD

When it comes to RP, having a piece of your military gear have emblem of your fortress on it is cool thing to do. Though note that this needs to be done at the forge with metal. And yeah, spikes should totally damage things :)

When it comes to taking it seriously and I'm just saying this just in case since you mentioned not having done a mister before, nothing rusts (though wooden minecarts, like all organics, degrade over 200 years), mists cleans things (contaminants and dwarves) though make soap too, pitchblende doesn't have radiation though it is about as dense as iron and it, along with rutile, are the only things you can produce purple mechanisms out of, it is likely your tavern guests would be doing most of the killing, silver>copper for maces I think and consider using infinite water source as minecart ammo instead on account of the hauling and glassworking time it takes to fill even a single a minecart with 1000 serrated glass disks.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 01:17:44 am »

None of it is RP. XD I thought pitchblende was REAAAALLY dense? Or should I make the floors out of platinum and gold instead?

Also, I know I know nothing rusts. (yet. ;)) It's for the lulz and because I can.

Yeah, the tavern guests will probably do most of the killing. That's what they're there for. As a buffer. Muwahahaha.

Ok. Silver maces for all! Silver maces spiked with steel spikes...that'd be baddass.

I thought it was 300 or 500 SGD per cart?

And I want my enemies to look like they've been through a meat grinder. (Which technically is what happens) And anywhere the enemy gets utterly torn to pieces in 'glore' (glorious gore) will be dedicated to Armok. With windows overlooking it for a temple to the god(s) of death!

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 05:39:47 am »

Pitchblende is dense ore, I suppose, but platinum and even gold are over twice as dense.

Note that while you'll save 75% by building bridges/roads to fall on, there really needs to be upright spears, magma or traps at bottom for this to kill in hopefully one shot, though if it is long enough they'll not have much chance to pass.

I think it was 1000 with some other things 500, but even if I was wrong, I'll note that even filling in mere 250 discs before moving to shot bay, that's still like 500k suns of discs - enough to pick what you want from caravans for many years.

Hmm...Note that corpse piles are one of the few real ways to drive a dwarf insane without moods. They can hurt inside, seeing a goblin's corpse, for each corpse for each week for each dwarf. Of course, with temples you can ensure that only those who mediate on suicide and death would pray there.

Also, if caravan sees it it will spontaneously deconstruct.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 07:52:35 am »

Ahhh. Ok. Well, I want to watch my enemies haul their sorry asses up stairs if they managed to survive a 20z level fall. >:3 Only to wind up doing the same thing again, unless they get lucky. And there's gonna be the bodyparts of their friends falling down around them. Muwahahahaha.

Ahhh. -shrugs- I don't really care about that. I'm gonna try and give the caravan part of what they want each year. If they want disks the year I start making them, alright. I'll sell a few.

Duh. I would use temples to keep it that way. And it would eventually make it so they don't care about crap anymore too. :D

Pages: 1 [2]