Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing MasterWork with vanilla Ascii  (Read 1683 times)

Blouh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Playing MasterWork with vanilla Ascii
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:08:46 pm »

Hello all !

first of all sorry for my bad english, this not my language.

Then, my question.
I love Dwarf fortress so much that I play it, even with the ascii, and I don't like the texture pack.

Now, I want to play it with masterwork, with all of this new creatures, civilization. But always a dwarf fortress :p Other playable civ does not interest me at the moment. My goal is to make a rapture like fortress.

SO ! I would like to know if it's possible to play with all vanilla ascii ? Even if I choose everything for vanilla ascii, All seems to work, except that the dward are witch a texture, and it's pretty bad with all the terrain in ascii... And how to remove the 7 from the water, I know it's the depth of it, but I prefer when it's the symbol..

If someone can help me to make my game with Masterwork Entirely witch ascii... I would love him !!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playing MasterWork with vanilla Ascii
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 04:21:00 am »

Print mode to "Standard" or "2D", tileset "ASCII" or "ASCII - square" and you should have everything in vanilla ascii.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Blouh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:27:34 am »

Here is the first pics when I don't check creature spirit
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't realy like the ASCII square..

and the second when it's checked

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The second one is close to the result I want, however, all living things are in sprites, and it's not nice with the rest in ASCII...
If you know how to put everythinh in ASCII like the second pics, even the livings, it will be perfect !

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »

Your issue is caused by unit graphics. to remove these, go into your save folder. Find the save folder (eg save/region1) Go into the folder, there is a folder called 'raw' there. Go into it, and delete the 'graphics' folder. The game will now default to ASCII creatures.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane