Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unique Playable Intelligent Wilderness Creatures  (Read 12234 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Playable Intelligent Wilderness Creatures
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 07:58:02 pm »

@King_of_Baboons
Yes to blood sucking and yes to innate swimming.

@Spriggans
Nope. Merpeople lack the tags to do so.

@OP
Quite late to respond, but peregrine falcon people have the highest move speed in the game at 5.25 when flying fast.

So is it via bite attack or vampire choking that they suck blood?
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 10:58:32 am »

The sizes that can wear dwarf clothes are: [43750,58333.3]; for human clothes: [61250,81666.6]; goblin: [52500,70000]; therefore

Small problem with that math. Last I checked, dwarves, goblins, and elves are all size 60000.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 12:48:17 pm »

What are top 3 biggest flying IWC (Intelligent Wilderness Creatures)? Both birds and insects count.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 07:29:09 pm »

Small problem with that math. Last I checked, dwarves, goblins, and elves are all size 60000.
Fixed.

Also updated that the endpoints on the interval aren't included. (Not that it matters for the given animal men, but it makes the difference for humans being unable to wear dwarf clothes.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:35:33 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:09 am »

Ah, glorious. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 12:29:36 pm »

What are top 3 biggest flying IWC (Intelligent Wilderness Creatures)? Both birds and insects count.

Swan men are the largest flying animal men at 40k, followed by Vulture Men at 39.5k and Albatross men at 39k.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »

Swan men are the largest flying animal men at 40k, followed by Vulture Men at 39.5k and Albatross men at 39k.

Thanks a lot!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might be kinda late to the party, but Gorlaks are not the only underground people you can play as. Plump Helmet Man are also from caverns, and they are playable (although i don't think many people want to play as mushroom guy/girl).

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 04:28:35 am »

I tried playing as a plump helmet man once and I could't talk to anyone or eat or drink. I still had hunger/thirst needs though, so there wan't much I could do besides write a few poems before starving out.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 04:47:35 am »

I tried playing as a plump helmet man once and I could't talk to anyone or eat or drink. I still had hunger/thirst needs though, so there wan't much I could do besides write a few poems before starving out.

Topple a statue, become a vampire !
Everybody should fear the mouthless vampire plump-helmet-man !!
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 02:04:18 am »

How mouthless vampire plump helmet man will feed on his victims? It's a pretty tough riddle for !!SCIENCE!! to crack (much like "how Skeleton Dogs from Dark Souls 1 can make breathing dog noises without vocal cords" riddle).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2016, 11:57:11 am »

How mouthless vampire plump helmet man will feed on his victims? It's a pretty tough riddle for !!SCIENCE!! to crack (much like "how Skeleton Dogs from Dark Souls 1 can make breathing dog noises without vocal cords" riddle).
spores or like how a fungus draws moisture from any dead or dying thing by borrowing into the victims skin by it's roots.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 2 [3]