Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sentient Weapons, armor, items etc..  (Read 2592 times)

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sentient Weapons, armor, items etc..
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »

I was thinking about what you guys said n I got something to work with messing around with materials and tissue txt file, basically I made unique tissues along the lines of a pommel, handle n body changed the materials so they correspond with something more inorganic along with altering the colors, n seeing if I can change wrinkly to something like rust also messed with the body txt file..

You guys were saying something about toady working on sentient weapons I hope its something like this..

It would be enteresting if instead of simply creating sentient weapons, toady implements
methods in which a item can gain sentience for example lets say a sword, a sword that has
slayed a multitude of enemies, if the enemies slayed are of the same race then perhaps it
will gain a bloodthirsty sentience plus some kind of bonus to damage when fighting the same race
as the wielder or specifically the race slayed prior to sentience etc... basically I want sentience to be one of many randomly generated effects base on npc and player n even environmental input within the world
like lets say a ax left by a dying npc or abandon by a living npc due to various reasons in a frozen wonderland kind of environment gains sentient along the lines of a ice spirit after a few decades to hundreds of years gaining the ability to shoot out range ice beams but if use as a physical collision weapon it'll shatter like glass meaning a demerit or a bonus n both, like a fire sword that'll burn you hand
without protection n even with protection it'll break down that much faster etc

On a sdte note it'll be cool if their were teleportation magical circles to other towns n other locations n maybe even a way to alter it to summon people from other worlds so to speak or maybe add some kind of letter mailing system between normal npc's either by physical mean like a npc on a horse or any other ride-able mounts or
by magical means.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:05:26 pm by Meurlorg »

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 08:55:03 am »

Isn't there a [NOPREF] tag for adamantine and slade? Can't you use it on colours too?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »

Isn't there a [NOPREF] tag for adamantine and slade? Can't you use it on colours too?
Tokens for each type of object tend to be different.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 [2]