Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 13200 times)

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 01:46:29 pm »

Prenastous.

((Awesome! Now we'll be documenting things like craaaaazy.))

Let the others communicate with them. I might be a good healer, but I am an introvert by nature.
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 04:31:03 pm »

Stanley

"They likely do, and we should learn it, I believe the proposed plan was to wait at civilization once found, learn what we can of the area, scout, then send one of us back so we can update the other groups on our findings."

"Perhaps we should first speak with that one." Stanley said, gesturing towards the apparent chieftess. "She appears to be a leader of some kind. Perhaps try to form a good first impression?" Avoiding attention appears futile while walking among a people so different, best to try and dispel their curiosity.

Attempt to approach the small woman and introduce myself to her. Appeal to her apparent authority. Do some light inquiry for info on the village. If their leader accepts our presence it would make our efforts here easier.

"Greetings, I hope we are not intruding, you appear to be in a position of authority in this village? If I may have a moment of your time, my fellows and I are travelers, new to this land, may we inquire into the local area and possible lodgings nearby? We would appreciate any knowledge on local specialties, troubles to avoid, or other points of interest your people could provide."

((Partly irrelevant question, do our kind need to eat, drink, sleep etc?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:54 pm »

((Up to you how much your Wizard participates in those things. I won't kill anyone for lack of them, though))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2016, 02:22:23 am »

Garalagrulon narrows his eyes. A restlessness that subtle was suspicious. Mayhaps a wizard not so attuned to the air currents would have missed it, but not one such as him. There was something likely behind this, whether an agent of the Enemy or something more benign, and he would find out what.

Hmmm...

Temporarily let go of my grip of the local weather patterns and keep my awareness on the restlessness. See if I can pin it down to any particular source.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:25:16 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »

((Oh my goodness I missed this! I'm so sorry Hugo! :-[))

Akala was content in assessing the kobolds--she had explained to Garalagrulon that sign language deals primarily with meaning; there are no shorthand, turns of phrase, or generally 'subtle meanings' oft done with verbalizations, which work in parallel with thoughts in the same--words conveyed meaning, it would do very well to ensure that meaning was as straightforward as the intent. She also summarized her findings to him by noting their dependency.

Inquire about if the kobolds have seen or otherwise sensed smoke; orient the heading towards the East. Ask for the Kobolds' aid with this. (and any possible 'payment' if they ask)
Ask Garalagrulon if he is able to 'shift' the weather to move the smoke in our direction.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2016, 01:58:48 pm »

(It's ok)

"What ho, my fellows! Perhaps one knows a way to ascend the cliffs? I think we're trying to get up the cliffs! It's been three weeks!"

Bla blah use luck to fish for info. Ha. Fish.
[3]
These people seem to clam up at inquiries, though they cod just be confused.
As best as you can tell, they're rather isolated, but they might have some contact with other people where the coast starts to curve East (further to the North) and a long ways off to the South.

Astranix:

"Arhask, much of their problems seem to fall under your territory.  Your influence would be far more impressive to them, even if used subtly.  I'll do what I can to procure further knowledge."

Probe the future in the most generic way possible, that way it's more reliable and less prone to chronal disruption.  The only specifics I'd ask of my sight would be to limit it to me and Arhask, these kobolds, and the surrounding area.  No specific time period, no specific goals or endgames, just a slice of the future.  Hopefully something useful can be gleaned from that.
[4]
You anticipate some trouble with the local wildlife that might keep you here a while yet, though it could be a promising lead.

"Hmm, if they have a food problem, I guess I could help out with it, although we cannot let them see our powers.""

Arhask queries the kobolds about the woodland creatures raiding the garden.

[1]
The kobold you ask looks up in alarm, pointing towards the forest, then runs into its tiny little home in terror. A huge bear comes barreling out of the forest, knocking you down!

Prenastous.

((Awesome! Now we'll be documenting things like craaaaazy.))

Let the others communicate with them. I might be a good healer, but I am an introvert by nature.
Stanley

"They likely do, and we should learn it, I believe the proposed plan was to wait at civilization once found, learn what we can of the area, scout, then send one of us back so we can update the other groups on our findings."

"Perhaps we should first speak with that one." Stanley said, gesturing towards the apparent chieftess. "She appears to be a leader of some kind. Perhaps try to form a good first impression?" Avoiding attention appears futile while walking among a people so different, best to try and dispel their curiosity.

Attempt to approach the small woman and introduce myself to her. Appeal to her apparent authority. Do some light inquiry for info on the village. If their leader accepts our presence it would make our efforts here easier.

"Greetings, I hope we are not intruding, you appear to be in a position of authority in this village? If I may have a moment of your time, my fellows and I are travelers, new to this land, may we inquire into the local area and possible lodgings nearby? We would appreciate any knowledge on local specialties, troubles to avoid, or other points of interest your people could provide."

((Partly irrelevant question, do our kind need to eat, drink, sleep etc?))
[6]
You learn much. These people have few troubles, aside from harsh winters and occasional scarcity. They roam relatively far as they fish, occasionally hunting seals, and have sparse contact with another people further North and a village far to the South. There are stories of even more diminutive beings from the woods stealing from them on rare occasions, but these are seen as wives' tales, not to be believed.

You also learn that they have a legend regarding a tall stranger, and prosperity if the stranger marries into the Line of Chiefs.

Garalagrulon narrows his eyes. A restlessness that subtle was suspicious. Mayhaps a wizard not so attuned to the air currents would have missed it, but not one such as him. There was something likely behind this, whether an agent of the Enemy or something more benign, and he would find out what.

Hmmm...

Temporarily let go of my grip of the local weather patterns and keep my awareness on the restlessness. See if I can pin it down to any particular source.
[3]
It's still rather nebulous, but something anxious and upset definitely begins to creep into the clouds. At the sound of distant thunder, the two kobold hunters huddle together in fear.

((Oh my goodness I missed this! I'm so sorry Hugo! :-[))

Akala was content in assessing the kobolds--she had explained to Garalagrulon that sign language deals primarily with meaning; there are no shorthand, turns of phrase, or generally 'subtle meanings' oft done with verbalizations, which work in parallel with thoughts in the same--words conveyed meaning, it would do very well to ensure that meaning was as straightforward as the intent. She also summarized her findings to him by noting their dependency.

Inquire about if the kobolds have seen or otherwise sensed smoke; orient the heading towards the East. Ask for the Kobolds' aid with this. (and any possible 'payment' if they ask)
Ask Garalagrulon if he is able to 'shift' the weather to move the smoke in our direction.

[3]
The kobolds seem confused, wondering if you mean the smoke from their campfire or the smoke from the chimneys back at their village?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »

Welp, I can't think of anything else to do here. Time to pack up and keep heading whatever way we were going when we got here.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

"I've asked about the smoke--they're confused whether its from their campfire, or from their village. I hazard a guess that the latter is what we've seen. Maybe send word on the wind from a nearby hill or higher vantage point--this can be a significant finding." Amala said onto Garalagrulon.

Ask the kobolds to lead us to their village. Explain *needed* details of our quest as *travelers* along the way to pave ideas out for help.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2016, 05:27:50 pm »

Astranix:

"Watch out!"

Look a second into the future so I can predict all the bear's movements right before it does them, allowing me to better avoid them.  Distract the bear away from Arhask.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2016, 08:23:15 pm »

"Oh aye, there's just ..."

Garalagrulon's electric blue eyes narrow as he stares at the clouds.

"Something there."

Keep my awareness on the clouds. If whatever it is tries to whip up a storm, make sure it's not headed towards us.
Sig! Onol

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2016, 09:55:06 pm »

Stanley

So they have little contact with outsiders. Nothing we've learned indicates the enemy is present thus far. These supposedly imaginary thieves might be worth looking into, but could just be an adventurous animal or two. Perhaps ask someone who puts more stock in them later.
"Fascinating. About these people to the north and south, of your limited dealings with them what are they like? We may encounter them in our travels and would prefer to know more about them. Also are there anymore details to this legend of yours?" It may be something we can use, if needed, or more likely something the enemy would attempt to use.

Inquire further into these people to the north and far south, and attempt learn if there is anything more to this legend.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2016, 10:20:15 am »

"It seems I must use my powers."

Arhask orders the nearby greenery to grow at a rapid rate and entangle the bear.

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2016, 09:44:19 am »

'Nasty.

((I need to stop forgetting not bringing my PC.))

Stick (not hit with a stick) with Stanley.
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2016, 02:21:16 pm »

((My bad, thingy got buried. Thanks for the reminder!))

Welp, I can't think of anything else to do here. Time to pack up and keep heading whatever way we were going when we got here.
[5]
You get the wagon ready to leave at a moment's notice, whenever your comrades are willing.

"I've asked about the smoke--they're confused whether its from their campfire, or from their village. I hazard a guess that the latter is what we've seen. Maybe send word on the wind from a nearby hill or higher vantage point--this can be a significant finding." Amala said onto Garalagrulon.

Ask the kobolds to lead us to their village. Explain *needed* details of our quest as *travelers* along the way to pave ideas out for help.
[4]
The kobolds agree to show you the way to their village, and think that your quest sounds like something that will make scary things go away.

Astranix:

"Watch out!"

Look a second into the future so I can predict all the bear's movements right before it does them, allowing me to better avoid them.  Distract the bear away from Arhask.
[2]
The bear pays you no attention.

"It seems I must use my powers."

Arhask orders the nearby greenery to grow at a rapid rate and entangle the bear.
[2]
The bear has you pinned before you can do anything, though it just keeps bellowing in your face rather than using its teeth.

"Oh aye, there's just ..."

Garalagrulon's electric blue eyes narrow as he stares at the clouds.

"Something there."

Keep my awareness on the clouds. If whatever it is tries to whip up a storm, make sure it's not headed towards us.
[4][5]
The weather is getting stormier, but that proves no hurdle for you. From what you can tell, this might be a spirit of the local countryside or wilderness.

Stanley

So they have little contact with outsiders. Nothing we've learned indicates the enemy is present thus far. These supposedly imaginary thieves might be worth looking into, but could just be an adventurous animal or two. Perhaps ask someone who puts more stock in them later.
"Fascinating. About these people to the north and south, of your limited dealings with them what are they like? We may encounter them in our travels and would prefer to know more about them. Also are there anymore details to this legend of yours?" It may be something we can use, if needed, or more likely something the enemy would attempt to use.

Inquire further into these people to the north and far south, and attempt learn if there is anything more to this legend.
[3]
They aren't able to tell you much more about their neighbors, being apparently rather insular themselves. All you learn further is that both these people are taller than them, and that the ones to the North are probably nomads while the ones to the South are settled.

The Chief is spending increasingly more time following you around as you stay with these cave people.

'Nasty.

((I need to stop forgetting not bringing my PC.))

Stick (not hit with a stick) with Stanley.
The Chief is asking you a lot of questions about Stanley.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2016, 02:34:09 pm »

Garalagrulon smiles beneath his helm.

"Ah, all's as it should be. Good."

That spirit doesn't feel corrupted or anything, right? Just making sure. If it isn't, then initiate contact with it. Presumably get along well due to being both weather-affiliated beings.

Follow Akala along to the village of the kobolds.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:43:49 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9