Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 13016 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [0/5?]
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 12:40:08 pm »

Edited post slightly.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 01:08:20 pm »

Please put me in for consideration:
Wizard Profile:

Name: Hanyollosho, First Among Mages of the Infinite Isles, Master of the Far Reaches, Saint of Remote Lands

Wizardly Focus: Hanyollosho specializes heavily in magic related to distant places, forgotten locales, and fugitives of any kind. Those who are guilty and hiding at all, from a nervous child skipping school for the first time to a grizzled axe-murderer living in an ice cave in the furthest flung mountains, sometimes find relief and protection from Hanyollosho. He is a wizard of rolling green hills stretching off to the horizon, of Antipodean islands bitten by harsh gales and the mournful cries of the albatross, and of vast rocky plains baked dry by vicious katabatic winds. His two primary domains go hand in hand. He often rescues stranded or lost travelers.

Description: Hanyollosho appears as a man of late middle age dressed in humble clothing appropriate for his environment, often in shades of brown or gray. He is polite and cordial, always willing to share a conversation. He relishes the brief episodes of human contact with which he punctuates his treasured seclusion, and genuinely cares for humanity and for the people that he helps. His clothes are sometimes ragged, and he carries a simple staff carved from maple wood. To a shipwrecked sailor freezing and digging desperately for mussels on the shore of some impossibly remote unknown island in gelid seas, he appears as if a mirage; a phantom compatriot also mysteriously shipwrecked, whose encouraging words and simple gifts persist long past his brief appearance, sustain life, and serve as the only real proof that he was ever there at all.

He opposes the wanton development of ancient and lost places. A solitary monastery atop a mountain or a secluded keep are fine, but a bustling whaling town springing up overnight on some small island risks drawing his ire. Some day, he plans to grow powerful enough to visit the moon and the stars, and to look down on earth from the icy and incredible distance of the sky.

He is friendly and easy to get along with, but being called upon by the powers that be to work together over a long period of time and in close contact with others will be a new experience, to say the least.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 01:13:24 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

I'll be picking in a bit, but first, some notes:

Whatever was here, is just a chain of memories.

This kinda sounds like a mortal dude who happens to do magic. We're parodying the Istari talking more like minor divine beings sent into the world.

Edited it. PM me if there's something (still) wrong.
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 03:42:55 pm »

Wizard Profile:

Name: Fredegar The Bearded

Wizardly Focus: The greatest of all magics, Summoning Magic. Such as summoning legendary heros and beasts that will help him accomplish his goals.

Description: A tall man with the greatest beard imaginable to beardkind, wearing a red mage robe, and the brightest green eyes. He has a fasincation with discovering stories of champions,heros as well as beasts that he can summon. He has been searching for the greatest of legends to summon! As well as destroying the Metnas of course so the Powers That Be stop pestering him.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:52:54 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 06:23:56 pm »

Name: Skeliborn the bladesman.
Magic Focus: blades
Description:An average height male. Has awesome shades.

Chat Color
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:29:42 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 08:42:33 pm »

ALL OF MY YES

Wizard Profile:

Name: Natalia

Wizardly Focus: Natalia, not being one for conversation or being around people, spent most of her young life in the forest near her home. She befriended the creatures that lived there, until almost all the herbivores felt comfortable enough in her presence to not flee from her, and the carnivores didn't attempt to nom her. Her magic specializes in nature; the conjuration and control of wild beasts, and control over plants.

Description: Natalia is a rather young woman; she does not remember her exact age, but reckons she is around sixteen or seventeen years of age. Due to this, she holds a rather diminutive structure. She is very sensitive about her height; to hide her small form, she dons a hefty cloak, and large boots. She's rather feisty to mortals, always asserting herself, boasting, and bluffing. She's always infuriated when nobody knows who she is.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »

Not too sure of the focus choice, or anything really, haven't played anything like this in a while. Initially wanted something to do with fishies, still no (real) harm in applying:

Name: Stanley

Focus: Water. Water is the foundation of life, it is the environment by which much life originally came, and that most requires to live. It must be protected above all else, even the life it sustains. One can always rebuild on a sturdy foundation.

Description: A middle aged male of pale skin, brown hair and green eyes, he is short for his apparent age. He has no facial hair.
A simple blue cloak covers his form, underneath lies unremarkable clothes.

He prefers to move calmly and evenly without drawing attention, keeping interaction light, going with the flow, to avoid disturbing the natural world where it doesn't need disturbing. Those that do otherwise quickly gain his ire.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »

Oooh oooh mee meeee meeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Wizard Profile:

Name: Friederick the Savior.

Wizardly Focus: Friederick focuses upon magics of nature, those of healing and shaping, though in situations where a diplomatic solution cannot be found...Friederick's wrath upon those who spurn him is as legendary as his care for those who do not.

They may simply be swallowed and never found again.

(So healing magic, with a side of earth/stone- and plant-shaping.)

Description: He looks somewhat haggard, a duty of care being upon him, even as he cares for others.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »

(AAAH! So many worthy applicants while I was away! Hmm, perhaps a waitlist after all. But fret not, you will have your chance!)

(My next post shall begin the IC

...I possess interest in this

Name: Akala

Wizardly Focus: Thought (summarized as the ability to influence, sense, and glean insight into thoughts, not the control of or the creation of thought). Akala is interested in the world by itself, and the continuation of the essence of life.

Description: Akala appears as a woman with dark hair and a light brown complexion, mature in her age and fully covered in a grey shroud or cloak, with a simple belt carrying a closed pouch by her side and a simple sickle in the other. Her behavior follows that of a nomadic behavior, carrying a sense of respect towards others she meets whether it be the natural environment or its inhabitants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Waitlist, if there is no space.

I'm back and more tired than ever.

Like for real I cannot muster any serious effort.

Name: Derm

Wizardly Focus:
Chance, Luck, Happenstance, and the chaotic patterns which follow them. What use is the world without risks? If all is nice and orderly, there are no stories to tell! No songs to sing!

Description:
Behold, my green robes.

Spoiler: Wizard Profile (click to show/hide)

Woo, starting RTD that seems nice! Hook me up to me first game!

Spoiler: Vizardsheet (click to show/hide)

Not too sure of the focus choice, or anything really, haven't played anything like this in a while. Initially wanted something to do with fishies, still no (real) harm in applying:

Name: Stanley

Focus: Water. Water is the foundation of life, it is the environment by which much life originally came, and that most requires to live. It must be protected above all else, even the life it sustains. One can always rebuild on a sturdy foundation.

Description: A middle aged male of pale skin, brown hair and green eyes, he is short for his apparent age. He has no facial hair.
A simple blue cloak covers his form, underneath lies unremarkable clothes.

He prefers to move calmly and evenly without drawing attention, keeping interaction light, going with the flow, to avoid disturbing the natural world where it doesn't need disturbing. Those that do otherwise quickly gain his ire.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [6/5?]
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 11:59:52 pm »

Four months out to sea. The Powers That Be have sent your forth from the Blessed Realm, and soon you shall land upon the shores of Metnas, the Mortal Lands. You have been chosen not just for your considerable abilities, your capacities for good, but also for your spiritual centers. The nebulous evil power directly threatens the very things each of you hold dear!

With your arrival imminent, now is the time to strategize. [2] Though you have little intelligence on the matter, devising a strategy for your upcoming struggle shall be crucial...

The Band of Secret Heaven: *

Garalagrulon
Akala
Arhask
Derm
Astranix
Prenastous
Stanley

*RNG decided
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:19:28 am by HugoLuman »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [6/5?] BEGIN - The time for planning
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 12:16:17 am »

But who is in?

Assuming I am,

[X] I say we wing it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] BEGIN - The time for planning
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 12:21:32 am »

(Aye. I've updated the previous post to clarify which Wizards are currently in. Also, hashing out the strategem may or may not be better as RP)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 12:30:06 am »

"Great idea Derm, I'm sure we'd make a good first impression with our enemy by feeding ourselves to it.  How about we say hi to the locals first?" , Astranix says. 

Astra tries to gaze into the future, trying to ascertain even the most general glimpse of their enemy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 02:12:52 am »

"The proper course of action is to strike like the wind! Swift and merciless shall be our howl down into the Enemy's stronghold, and sudden as a bolt from the blue shall be our strike! The Enemy cannot stand up to our combined force!
Or have the Powers That Be commanded us to help the mortals defeat the Enemy or something? I wasn't really listening past the first few sentences."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9