Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 13207 times)

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] BEGIN - The time for planning
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 02:35:50 am »

"Even though rushing in doesn't seem ideal in my opinion, our info is quite scarce. Can only thing on a hybrid plan."

Reccomend a stealthy approach, then go magic blazing when we get to a good position. If Astranix sees something, check it out.
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 05:10:23 am »

"We should stay together. We don't know what we're facing."

Are we on a ship that has crew? Get in touch and get to know them if so.
If we're on a ship driven only by us, check if we can use anything from it when we embark.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 06:41:01 am »

"Perhaps we should each go our own way?"
After speaking, Arhask stands up, enjoying the sea breeze blowing his face.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 09:25:40 am »

"Ara~ Planning around an enemy we have not seen, in a city we have not entered... the defenition of futility, is it not? I do not suggest my plan for merre whimsy, but what else can one do with nothing but to take what comes, as it comes?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 10:39:32 am »

"We need be able to communicate with one another. We can separate to know more, but within reason. This much is needed at least."

Akala looked at her companions with curiosity. Surely the others would have capabilities to manifest such ideas.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:33:36 am by Tiruin »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 11:43:18 am »

"I would prefer a more subtle approach if we are able, to not reveal ourselves while our enemy remains unknown, but we may not have that luxury given what we are told is at stake. Irksome as the wait has been so far, it is as Derm says, we cannot prepare a plan of attack without seeing the land itself.

A method of communication would be useful in most situations, assuming it is secure.
"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:00:20 pm by Cain12 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »

"Great idea Derm, I'm sure we'd make a good first impression with our enemy by feeding ourselves to it.  How about we say hi to the locals first?" , Astranix says. 

Astra tries to gaze into the future, trying to ascertain even the most general glimpse of their enemy.

[6] The Enemy seems to have spells of concealment, but you see actions of subtlety and silence, fell agents moving amongst the mortals in a distant part of the world, working to corrupt them, turn them to ruin. The evil is not fixed down yet, itself still roaming in secrecy far to the South East. Suddenly, you feel as if something is looking back at you, and the vision ends. You feel that whatever it was, it did not learn anything of you, but it was disturbing nonetheless...

"We should stay together. We don't know what we're facing."

Are we on a ship that has crew? Get in touch and get to know them if so.
If we're on a ship driven only by us, check if we can use anything from it when we embark.

[2] The ship has only a semblance of a crew, to avoid suspicion, souls of dead and righteous mortals given temporary re-embodiment. In truth, it is guided by the augury of Astra and driven by the winds of Garalagrulon. The provisions are meager, only such small, unnecessary comforts as some may have brought. It was deemed that the great skills of The Band were sufficient to send alone.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:38 pm »

My mind keeps working while I stand sitting at one of the corners. The least populated one of course.

"Garalagrulon, your magic controls storms, of wich one of its components is wind. Using science logic, we know that sound travels through air, and wind is moving air. So, is there a way that you could make the air around this sevenfold party make a cycle, so that the sound of our voices could transfer through bigger distances and not get to their legions?"
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

"Why, Nast, I can send a wind to carry our voices wherever I may wish! What do you suggest we communicate with?"

Garalagrulon, for reference, is standing pretty much right in front of the mast of the ship, eyes fixed on the horizon in the direction the Wizards are travelling.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 01:37:54 pm »

"Yes, that would be a good method of communicating medium distances. However, I am afraid it would not work long distances. Pehaps we can each channel a fragment of our soul in a vessel capable of withstanding seven fragments. We can then split the vessel in seven, and use it to communicate with each other.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 04:57:08 pm »

Astra breaks out of his concentration with a start.

"Our enemy is to the southeast.  It hides from my sight, and grows stronger.  It is not strong enough to reveal itself in it's entirety, but its servants act in its stead, working to turn more and more to its side.  I think I'm going to avoid trying to see it directly, if I keep at it It might notice me."

"In any case, I'm going to talk to the natives once we touch down.  If we do not reach out to the people of this land first, our enemy will."

Begin meditating, attempting to focus on the general future, sharpen my abilities and concentration.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2016, 03:49:43 pm »

"Fortunate that we weren't discovered. More fortunate that our enemy is not yet at its prime and we have a general direction to go in should we pursue Garalagrulon's path.

I have a reservation about this soul splitting, if a part of the vessel were to fall into the hands of our enemy or its minions we would be handing them a small piece of us, we do not know what they may do if they realized what lied within. They may be able to use it to track us, gain insight into us or worse.
"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:56:20 pm by Cain12 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2016, 04:48:51 pm »

Astra breaks out of his concentration with a start.

"Our enemy is to the southeast.  It hides from my sight, and grows stronger.  It is not strong enough to reveal itself in it's entirety, but its servants act in its stead, working to turn more and more to its side.  I think I'm going to avoid trying to see it directly, if I keep at it It might notice me."

"In any case, I'm going to talk to the natives once we touch down.  If we do not reach out to the people of this land first, our enemy will."

Begin meditating, attempting to focus on the general future, sharpen my abilities and concentration.

[3] You get the sense that the road ahead is very difficult, but not insurmountable...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2016, 05:14:46 pm »

"Hm... seems a good wind is blowing, today."

Have a strong wind happen to pick up in the direction of our destination so things can actually get moving.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »

"Hm... seems a good wind is blowing, today."

Have a strong wind happen to pick up in the direction of our destination so things can actually get moving.

[3] It's hard to control the winds with Garagrulon around, but by your power, you have impeccable dramatic timing. Shores appear on the horizon...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9