Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 13223 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] BEGIN - The time for planning
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »

"Ah, excellent! Let's speed things up, shall we?"

Boost us to the shore with my command over the winds.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 06:59:09 pm »

Use my clairvoyance to see through space instead of time, and help guide our ship faster to this land.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »

"Ah, well, okay, guess we will figure this stuff out better once on land."

(OOC: This is where I am half tempted to either try to use waves/whirlpools to slow us down and force more talking/planning or to try speeding up the ship as well, but fear that might cause us to crash and die, at the very least doubt it would add many positive consequences (Not to mention pissing off people :) ). Also using water might sort of slightly flood the approaching area if it goes badly.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2016, 12:10:17 am »

"In between now and there, I shall familiarize myself with the rest of you in mind--in the least to know your general locations. What will happen to the ship? It is crewed by the righteous dead, souls of benevolent beings, but driven my our powers."

Akala made emphasis in thought towards Astra and Garalagrulon. She also began to familiarize herself with her companions' thoughts--to be able to sense them vaguely (or at least their positions) in the future.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2016, 01:36:42 am »

"Ah, excellent! Let's speed things up, shall we?"

Boost us to the shore with my command over the winds.
[5] The tide is pushed aside, and the ship draws towards the destined harbor. A cove ringed by high, gray cliffs, perfect for an unseen entry into the mortal realm.

Use my clairvoyance to see through space instead of time, and help guide our ship faster to this land.
[2] There is not much to do: there is the cove, where you will soon disembark. There are light woods and green grass running along the top of the bluffs, no doubt a green land beyond.

"In between now and there, I shall familiarize myself with the rest of you in mind--in the least to know your general locations. What will happen to the ship? It is crewed by the righteous dead, souls of benevolent beings, but driven my our powers."

Akala made emphasis in thought towards Astra and Garalagrulon. She also began to familiarize herself with her companions' thoughts--to be able to sense them vaguely (or at least their positions) in the future.
(Not sure how this can really be rolled for, sounds like more of an RP thing...)
[4] You are sure you will be able to find them if you become separated.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 01:57:26 am »

Garalagrulon

"Not a bad place to begin saving Metnas."

Garalagrulon finishes mooring the boat* and turns to his companions.

"So! Far as I can tell, our approximate strategy seems to be to go out and talk with the mortals to better ascertain the location and strength of the Enemy so that we can decide whether to strike like lighting or wear it down like hail. I propose we all stay together for now, or at the least devise some way of staying in contact with each other that doesn't involve splitting our souls if we must split up. I know from unfortunate experience how easy it is to get sidetracked on errands such as this.

Do any of you object to this, or shall we proceed on that path?"

*I figured that this probably wouldn't need rolling for given that we're basically there already; inform me if I'm incorrect.

((I'm gonna start putting my character's name at the top of every post so it's easier for the rest of you to remember.))
Sig! Onol

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2016, 02:06:25 am »

((Good idea))

Astranix:

"Provided you don't cause a landslide, or make the ground crack open with your bellows.  Lead the way.  And to those with more colourful powers, I'd say it's wise to reign yourselves in.  Spitting fire and lightning in front of anyone will lead the Enemy quicker to us than any efforts on Its  part."

Follow Garalagrulon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2016, 02:12:59 am »

Garalagrulon

"I'm not so indiscriminate as that, Astranix! The sky is my domain in any case. Though I see your point about my voice..."

"Perhaps this will do better."
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2016, 02:14:06 am »

"The plan is sound. I can sense where everyone generally is, but we may need physical ways of contacting each other. Ways that cannot be used by the enemy; unfortunately, I am limited to thoughts--and this is fairly dependent on distance and contact.

"Also while your voice is of no danger to us...it may be wise to lower the volume when we land ashore."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2016, 02:28:20 am »

Astranix:

"If all we're doing is scouting around, which I know sounds ridiculous in my case but still, we can simply just meet back at the ship.  Go in pairs, and one group of three.  No movement past a day."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 05:49:36 am »

"Yes, going in pairs and one group of three sounds pretty cool. What are the groups gonna be?"

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2016, 06:40:19 am »

Stanley

"Perhaps Garalagrulon and Akala, followed by Arhask and Astranix. Leaving the last group to be Prenastous, Derm and myself? "

Attempt to feel for nearby bodies of water and lifeforms containing water

(Might as well follow suit with the name thing. Cue being told I'm by the sea.)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 10:31:09 am »

"Talk talk talk. The whimsy of the universe is not so easily ascertained. If you would follow, do so! The dice will fall either way."

Once ashore, search the docks for vital information. It's just my luck that someone's left something important lying around, yes?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 10:56:59 am »

Arhask attempts to search for nearby forests/jungles, using his magic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2016, 01:07:43 pm »

Stanley

"Perhaps Garalagrulon and Akala, followed by Arhask and Astranix. Leaving the last group to be Prenastous, Derm and myself? "

Attempt to feel for nearby bodies of water and lifeforms containing water

(Might as well follow suit with the name thing. Cue being told I'm by the sea.)
[6] There are a number of small bonds and streams on the land above. There's also a great big river not too far off.

"Talk talk talk. The whimsy of the universe is not so easily ascertained. If you would follow, do so! The dice will fall either way."

Once ashore, search the docks for vital information. It's just my luck that someone's left something important lying around, yes?
[1] There are no docks. Just this little cove, fenced by cliffs. As far as you can tell, this area is wilderness, in fact. However, as the ship pulls in, you see what looks like a bone poking out of the sand.

Arhask attempts to search for nearby forests/jungles, using his magic.
[4] You hardly need your magic, but it confirms that you see a light woodland atop those cliffs. It probably grows thicker further inland.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9