Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 13168 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2016, 01:12:41 am »

Garalagrulon

Garalagrulon decides to let Akala do the talking for now - she seems the type of wizard more suitable for that anyhow. Instead he sets his staff/spear in the ground and inclines his head in greeting to the kobolds.

Keep an eye and ear out for anyone else while Akala converses. Use the winds to carry any suspicious noises to my ears.
Don't make any aggressive moves toward the kobolds, they seem relatively harmless.

((Say Hugo, do you have any defined lore on where us wizards came from in the Divine Lands, and if we serve different lesser gods like the Valar in Tolkeinverse? Anything like that? I'm asking mainly for role playing purposes since I've never actually gotten to RP with Tiruin when I wasn't playing an insane sociopath, and I'm kinda looking forward to it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 am »

((Say Hugo, do you have any defined lore on where us wizards came from in the Divine Lands, and if we serve different lesser gods like the Valar in Tolkeinverse? Anything like that? I'm asking mainly for role playing purposes since I've never actually gotten to RP with Tiruin when I wasn't playing an insane sociopath, and I'm kinda looking forward to it.))
((I further this motion! :3 I look forward to this in turn!))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2016, 02:21:43 am »

((Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. But yes and no. I'd had a vague idea, but when you asked I kinda wanted to come up with something more concrete before responding))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2016, 02:26:57 am »

((Hey, that's alright.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2016, 12:03:58 pm »

InB4 you find out that the kobolds are actually cannibalistic bandits that worship eldritch horrors.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »

is this still accepting?
No sig yet

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2016, 09:58:05 am »

is this still accepting?
((It is, for the waitlist. The sooner the better!))
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2016, 01:59:51 pm »

Name: Erin Of the flames

Wizardly Focus: Flame magic and healing

Description: A dark blue skinned female with pointy ears and red eyes, is often seen wearing armor and a black cloak with a flame symbol on the back
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [0/5?]
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2016, 01:30:13 pm »

((Ahem.  I'm on the waitlist, right?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [0/5?]
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2016, 09:09:35 am »

((Ahem.  I'm on the waitlist, right?))
((Friederick's there, with Daniel, Zara, Zanlloyosho, Skeliborn, Erin, Natalia and Fredegar, in the land of Wait-until-early-game-massacre-list. Land.))
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:01 pm »

((Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. But yes and no. I'd had a vague idea, but when you asked I kinda wanted to come up with something more concrete before responding))
((So we're updating weekly? :D))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2016, 11:32:53 pm »

((Hopefully I can manage bi-weekly x_x ))
((Lore to come...))
((Also, welcome to the waitlist, new posters!))

Astranix:

"What interesting little creatures.  I'm going to see if I can help them, hopefully our overtures will be even more successful."

Communicating with the kobolds, ask if they have any problems that need to be solved.
Arhask lets Astranix do the talking and waits for the kobolds' reply.
[6]
The kobolds go into detail about many problems assailing them. Not enough rabbits to hunt this time of year, chickens laying fewer eggs, scary sky noises that try to eat them when the clouds are heavy, loss of shiny objects to magpies, woodland creatures raiding their gardens...

Prenastous
((That's luck, yessir. Also music.))

"Fishing. I'm not very fond of it, but's a way to live."

Let the horse rest and, only if the group does so, approach to the short fishermen/fisherwhatever-unknown-species-they-are in a peaceful manner: if they get startled, we may get into unnecesary trouble/bloodshed.

"Also, does anyone have a handful of paper and something to mark it with? Making a diary seems a good idea on long travel-making.
[3]
Like any respectable wizard, you have plenty of writing material stashed about your person. However, the fishermen seem confused by your sudden appearance.

They look human, though are shorter than you'd expect from that race. They seem to be clothed mainly in furs.

"Ah, fish. Truely a meal for the salty. The tears of boredom... Of waiting for that one line to catch... what a tragedy!"

Bless the bay! A sudden swarm of rare, delicious fish for weeks, and a minor uptick for all time! Fortune smiles upon you all this day, may all of your clams contain the finest of pearls! If goodwill is to be recieved, it must be given in turn.
[3]
You bless the waters, but it will take them a while to notice this, and might not connect it to you. However, they seem to regard you as strange humans on your first appearance to them, reacting with curiosity and confusion, though fortunately not suspicion.

Stanley

"I'm afraid I do not, I trust we will be able to figure something out if needed. Personally, assuming they don't over fish I find nothing wrong with the practice. Otherwise, it is irresponsible to destroy ones food source, the mark of a lessor being."

Feel for beings moving through the water, also observe any fishermen, are they armed, what tools do they use to fish, do any of them stick out?
[4]
You can tell that these Northern waters, though somewhat colder, are teeming with fish. the fishermen seem a simple folk, using bone and stone tools and piloting wooden boats. None of them stick out, aside from an apparent Chieftess.

The locals are far from the taint of evil, Akala said with a smile, accompanying her words-in-thought with sign language. We are sorry for surprising you both, and mean no harm. I am an explorer, along with my friend here, who speaks to the winds and weather. We ask your aid...

Get to know the kobolds' thinking. It may help understand them more, and inquire for their aid in our quest.
[6]
They seem to be a very simple people, of a rather harmless nature, though they also very superstitious and paranoid. Despite their seemingly overwhelming naivety and ignorance, they possess canny survival skills. They might be rather hospitable, once you can gain their trust and get past their fear of anyone larger than them, but they also seem like they might get clingy.

Garalagrulon

Garalagrulon decides to let Akala do the talking for now - she seems the type of wizard more suitable for that anyhow. Instead he sets his staff/spear in the ground and inclines his head in greeting to the kobolds.

Keep an eye and ear out for anyone else while Akala converses. Use the winds to carry any suspicious noises to my ears.
Don't make any aggressive moves toward the kobolds, they seem relatively harmless.

[3]
There is a restlessness to the weather, displaced by your purposeful calming of the skies for now. Whether it is natural or fell, you cannot say for sure, but it seems very subtle.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2016, 11:41:05 pm »

"What ho, my fellows! Perhaps one knows a way to ascend the cliffs? I think we're trying to get up the cliffs! It's been three weeks!"

Bla blah use luck to fish for into. Ha. Fish.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 12:17:51 am »

Astranix:

"Arhask, much of their problems seem to fall under your territory.  Your influence would be far more impressive to them, even if used subtly.  I'll do what I can to procure further knowledge."

Probe the future in the most generic way possible, that way it's more reliable and less prone to chronal disruption.  The only specifics I'd ask of my sight would be to limit it to me and Arhask, these kobolds, and the surrounding area.  No specific time period, no specific goals or endgames, just a slice of the future.  Hopefully something useful can be gleaned from that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 01:02:26 am »

"Hmm, if they have a food problem, I guess I could help out with it, although we cannot let them see our powers.""

Arhask queries the kobolds about the woodland creatures raiding the garden.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9