Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defeated by zombie head , maybe  (Read 2041 times)

magervasoni84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Defeated by zombie head , maybe
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:10:45 pm »

I'm playing with version 0.43.05, zombie head appeared in the middle of my fortress, all and each of my dwarf joins the fight, but no one killed, try to sound the alarm and set up remote areas to capture head, but the outpot liaison not stop fighting, dfhack does not support the latest version , then I can not kill this creature using a hack, There any way to kill the zombie head lawfully entering or using some trick?

PD: I know it's a bug and look on page http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php
but not found a solution

PD2 : Sorry for the English I use a translator

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defeated by zombie head , maybe
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »

A zombie head is probably large enough to get killed eventually, but you're running the risk of losing a lot of dorfs before that happens.
I'd try to set up a cage trap (or several), turn all dorfs over to civilian, and try to pull them away with a civilian alert. The important thing is really to get it contained without any dorfs present, so a locked door would actually be enough to handle the immediate danger (unless the head belonged to a kobold or gremlin, but I've never seen either as "regular" undead). The liaison is probably a lost cause.

Once the head has been caught in a cage, you cage dispose of it in several ways:
- Use it as a live training archery target (through fortifications), as it will probably last a fairly long time.
- Use it as a vampire detector.
- Atom smash the cage with the head inside or dump the cage into magma (the latter assumes it's not a glass cage).
- Hook the cage up to a lever and release it to get eliminated by an atom smasher (or used for live training or vampire detector, as per the above).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Defeated by zombie head , maybe
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:22:33 pm »

If you get unassigned migrants, you can use them to build a floor off a bridge to punch a cave-in through the zombie head as well, though this will likely kill some of your dwarves.