Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Possable way to mod in a way to build engraved walls/floors/whatnot

(1/1)

Azraile:
I was turned off from DF by it's annoying menus, confusing wiki's, and lack of any tutorials. (Yah I know that was a LLLOOONNNNGGG time ago.)

But my love of the game style of and the sure size and complexity of DF, and stuff like Legend mode, have drawn me back when I have seen all the video's and seeing things that are like... wow this isn't to unfamiliar.... because I took to playing gnomoria instead when I found it.

I know I know... you are all probably hissing at me or something right now.....

BUT!!!! It has some things to it DF dose not have (like tree orchards) and engraving constructed walls... but HOW it dose this plays well into DFHack I think from all the things I've read of DFHack.....

So my question/Idea would be this.... Would this work:

Allow blocks (glass/wood/stone/metal... yes METAL!!! how awesome would engraved, and holly heck even gem encrusted, walls be?) to be crafted into smothed/engraved slabs/tiles.

The smothed slabs/tiles would have a bit of a brake chance as there made from the block but not much and the finished item has higher value than the base material.

The engraved slabs/tiles would have a higher brake chance but have a much higher value...

Both could be sellected to be used instead of a block/stone in building the wall/floor and thus create walls/floors of much higher value.

If you could work the same sort of script for the description of the engravings in awsome... if not... maybe some work around could be worked into the name of the matiral. Like "-Engraved Gold Tile- %comand fill for the discription%" So that the wall making reference to what it is made from will have the description of the carvings.

Halnoth:
I don't think any of this is possible.

Azraile:
Yah I really dought there is any way to get the actual engraving on there......

But the functional aspect of the increased value and the pleasing of the dwarfs being around it, maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version