Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 26501 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:51:29 pm »

April 15, 2013
Hakanai High School, Aibo City, Japan
11:30 AM

Down in south-western Japan, in quiet Aibo City near Nagasaki, a high-school turns along its rote, peaceful schedule. The clock has just struck 11:30, and Hakanai High School has released its students from boring classes for their lunches. Whether the students go out to the lawn, up to the roof, or sit by the windows, they can see a sky not uncommon in Aibo: bright, even if the sky is covered in just a bit of a sheen of white clouds.

As a group of three students are let out, though, they've got food for thought as well as food for their stomachs, and not just thought of the weather, or what little algebra tends to be gleaned from the math classes at Hakanai. Aoi Tachibana, a girl with green-colored hair and a timid attitude. Kanade Akiyama, rich, slender, raven-haired, beautiful -- and often lonely. Gangly, black-haired Mijimeki Genmutsu, a jaded, cynic of a boy. These three make up a group of friends, and recently two of them have been haunted by an abnormally clear dream, Aoi last night and Mijimeki the night before. Being taken, glimpses of a grey cloaked shade of a figure, ruined metal and concrete and rusted skyscrapers, and a flash of blue, and then blacking out -- that is the dream that has visited two of the group, and what weighs on them now as they are dismissed from their classes.

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:03:34 am by Powder Miner »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:57:49 pm »

((ptw))
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: A Dream of Grey and Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:30:35 am »

((Well, there goes my cue to fail all my expectations :P))

Noise. Reverberating.
Through the halls. Through her ears.
Failing to register.
Fading away into the distance.

The quiet slam of a door. The noise quickly fading.
A familiar scent of dust, light, but noticeable.
Footfalls, soft, but echoing, within the stairwell.

As she glances at her phone, rubbing tired restless eyes, a noise emanates from her lips, something between a sign and a yawn. It seems that she had found her muse, however troublesome it has so far proven to be; putting on her headphones, she produces a rather well-worn sketchpad, the simple plastic cover adorned a few marks and scratches. Frantically, the pencil skims across the paper, the image rough and hazy, nonetheless, were you to inspect it, you would see a rusted skyscraper, amidst ruins of concrete and steel.

((Slacker, this entire post is under the assumption that Mijimeki did not mention his dream during the weekends. If he did, I'll scrap this and write something else.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:06:10 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:27:37 am »

((;-;))
Kanade is.....not doing anything particularly exciting. She seems to be waiting patiently for Miji and Aoi at an empty table, ignoring some of the stares directed at her she'd grown used to.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 04:49:23 am »

And, suddenly, a tray lands on the table, clattering softly. Its owner takes a seat across Kanade, placing his elbows on the table along with the tray. He uses an arm to hold his head upright as if not doing so would cause it to fall off. With his other limb he picks up a single french-fry and chews it in his mouth, slowly. He stares at the rest of the students, narrowing his eyes at the ones who stare back.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:53:38 am »

Soon enough (by her standards at any rate), Aoi shuffles into the cafeteria, her sketchpad clutched protectively against her chest. Reflexively brushing her free hand through her hair, she halts at the table and, for a brief moment that is perhaps a few instants too long, greets Kanade and Mijimeki with a faint smile, as if silently requesting permission to sit, before proceeding to do just that. As always, she has packed her own lunch.
"Hi..."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 04:55:07 am »

He blinks at her and nods, a rather regular greeting from him. He resumes observing the other student's conversations, getting lost in talk from the other tables.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:02:29 am »

"Ah, took you two long enough," Kanade teases them as they get along, smiling.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 05:05:27 am »

As always, Aoi's response is fast, though somewhat quiet.
"Sorry. I sort of had a bit of inspiration for a drawing, so I wanted to work on that for a bit."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 05:07:42 am »

"Oooh. Can I see, can I see?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:36 am »

Mijimeki's head turns toward Aoi. Just a little bit.
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:48 am »

"Okay... but it's a really rough sketch, I didn't want to keep you guys waiting."
Swiping her hand across the table, as if checking to ensure there wasn't anything in the way, she places down the sketchpad, flicks it open and slides it over to Kanade. The sketch inside is indeed quite rough, a hazy image lacking in detail and clarity, though there's still enough nonetheless to give a good idea of what it depicts.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 05:17:33 am »

Kanade tilts her head.
"Huh....it's a little rough, but....hm. Did you watch one of those weird post-apocalypse films or something?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 05:20:57 am »

Mijimeki blinked, turned and looked at the sketch, and blinked once again.
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 05:26:14 am »

"No!"
Aoi squeaks, pausing briefly before continuing.
"I don't really like those films, they're kinda sad. I, uh, had a dream last night of being in a place like, a city left to crumble, there was some kind of other person there, hmm, maybe my kidnapper? And a flash of blue."
She fidgets for a few moments.
"I guess, now that I say it that way, it's a bit silly."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40