Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 26490 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Once More Unto the Breach (In Reality)
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:08 am »

Aoi sniffs the air... the girl may not be a bloodhound, but when she ducks into the station, she does get a couple of scents: the distinct faint scent of rust that the ruins usually carry, which is a bit intensified inside of the slowly decaying station itself, as well as the smell of disturbed dust in the air. She doesn't seem to smell any smoke in the air, nor ozone, but she does most curiously get the scent of blood...

...and then, chiding the presently-animalistic girl, Kanade heals her, and suddenly the scent of blood disappears as the magic patches Aoi up.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2017, 12:34:44 am »

Continue further, keep a low profile and stay as close to cover as possible.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2017, 03:12:04 am »

Aoi (with the other two following her) peeks into the train station's courtyard; what she sees is that it has a large open area with a roof but no walls, leading into -- this roof and its supports appear to be rapidly rusting, but at least it hasn't sunk and it doesn't look to be about to fall on anyone. The open area is pretty much empty, a little disturbingly so for a train station.

To the left is a fairly large building of primarily brick (whose paint looks to have been falling off for years) with the remains of shops, signs no longer working and often worn to illegibility, some windows intact, some windows shattered. To the right is the station itself, a squatter but wider building with two stories, the higher of which has faded signs for what must have been some advertisement or another. On the corner of the station, there is a little tower with a broken clock and what was the lettering of a large sign built into this tower... except that the Japanese characters at the top are now too damaged to make out clearly, and the English letters have half fallen off. Now, the sign simply spells:
N A     A          I
      T A T I O N

As open as the forecourt is, it thankfully doesn't appear to be being patrolled at the moment -- the three will have to move across the open to get to the proper station building, but when they do if they're fast enough they should be able to outrun any potential pursuers patrolling the greater area.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:15:25 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2017, 03:54:21 am »

"....Nagasaki Station? What? So.....we aren't still in Aibo. How'd we get here so quick though? And what happened? Don't tell me we're in one of those weird cartoons where we time-travelled or something."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A G A S A K I S T A T I O N
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2017, 04:19:46 am »

"I-I don't think so... there's no overgrowth, no life C-cities just d-don't fall into ruin like th-this a-and j-j-just lie there rusting"

((Correct me if I'm wrong but, there's not much if any greenery here is there?))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2017, 11:06:34 pm »

Mijimeki moves a strand of messed up hair out of the way of his face. "Whatever. Let's just make a break for it."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »

The city isn't devoid of life, but it is true that it isn't quite as overgrown as you would expect from somewhere abandoned for a long time, but it is more unruly than it would be were the place being maintained. It's a little difficult to judge exactly how much time has passed as a result, but uts got to be less than several years.

Mijimeki prepares to make a break for it -- and the path to get into the station is still clear.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2017, 04:52:59 am »

Aoi squints, swinging her arm towards a distant building her mouth opens as if to utter a command, one that does not come. She drops the arm and without a word sprints forwards.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2017, 06:43:59 pm »

Failing to come up with any words to accompany it, Aoi jabs a finger towards the station building, and she immediately starts running, her feet beating against the concrete as she moves towards the station as quickly as she can. Mijimeki, having kept himself on edge to wait for just such an opportunity, follows after her, and the two briefly leave Kanade in the dust, before the naturally quick girl is on their tails, the trio moving quickly across the forecourt. The three hear the sounds of what might be more of these creatures in the distance, maybe approaching... but they're fast enough to enter the station unmolested, Kanade closing the doors behind them with thankfully a quiet enough volume not to reverberate through the station.

When the three look around the inside of the train station, it all seems very empty -- it's an odd sight to see a major city's train station completely devoid of people, the walls either bare or with the faint remnants of what might have been signs or posters, even with a rusting train sitting there on the tracks. That said, while the station appears to be empty of people, it ISN'T empty of monsters - it looks like there are around four enemies here, all clustered around one of the doors to the rusting train: one of those hand creatures, paired with two of the pink sphere creatures that the group just fought, which are occasionally thumping at the doors. They have not yet noticed you, but there is a little bit of distance between you and them.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2017, 09:23:20 pm »

"That's probably an area of importance." Mijimeki maintains a firm hold on his gun, stalking quietly towards the enemies.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2017, 06:55:50 am »

"....might need to sneak around them."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2017, 03:14:08 am »

As the party of three stalks towards the area of the station inhabited by the three monsters (that peculiar tugging starting up again to urge them along), though they remain surprisingly quiet, when they get close enough the monsters inevitably turn and notice them, freezing for a moment before ceasing their constant battering of the (now rather bent and warped) train door. The creatures actually do get the time to panickedly spread themselves into a more or less wide formation, prepping themselves for combat, however.

While they do this, the three continue their confident advance, weapons held, and in their metered confidence they don't quite charge the enemy yet -- but they have dealt with enemies of this caliber before, to be sure. Neither side will have an immediate advantage to start this battle with, so a battle on even ground it will be, putting just how well the teenagers have been adapting themselves to this strange ruined city to the test.

Battle Starts!
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Enemies:
Spoiler: Magic Hand (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2017, 08:49:04 am »

"W-we'll n-need to f-focus f-fire! Hit the glove first!"

Bufu Magic Hand

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2017, 12:41:25 am »

Burn Slipping Hablerie 1

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2017, 02:10:29 am »

"Whatever you say."

Skull Crack Magic Hand
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40