Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with updating mod to the new Dwarf Fortress version.  (Read 1527 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile

So, after noticing that Dwarf Fortress has had a new update, I decided to check to see if my mod was still compatible. After doing this, I noticed that I had the same issue I had back in a previous version. That is, with my mod and Vanilla DF having duplicate raws. I've searched for a bit, and for the life of me I can't find what the duplicate raws could be. If someone with some free time, would go over the mod files Found here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10926 to see what exactly the issue with the mod is.

Some of you may remember a thread I made a few months ago, about how a duplicate raw from my mod was causing the world to generate rough-hewn twinkling metal. The issue I found in my test game, was that it caused Rough-hewn Booming metal. Now, as I knew, and found out in the old thread, was that not only should divine metals NOT be spawning in a rough-hewn manner, but that they were do to a duplicate raw. As I said, I've already looked through the possible causes, and came up with nothing. So I'm asking the forums for someone with free time, and more experience, to go over the files with a fine tooth comb... I will keep looking for it my self, and will update if I find something.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with updating mod to the new Dwarf Fortress version.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:00:04 am »

Your inorganic_modification has a bunch of copies of things already in the other inorganic files.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:39:06 am »

Which ones? As last I checked, those were unique metals not found in Vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:46:32 pm »

Your errorlog.txt in the main folder should tell you which objects are duplicates.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »

Which ones? As last I checked, those were unique metals not found in Vanilla Dwarf Fortress.
AETHER, DRAGONITE, and MITHRIL are defined in both "inorganic_modification.txt" and "inorganic_mod_mineral.txt".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 08:27:51 am »

Your errorlog.txt in the main folder should tell you which objects are duplicates.

Thank you for that information. It'll help in the future.

AETHER, DRAGONITE, and MITHRIL are defined in both "inorganic_modification.txt" and "inorganic_mod_mineral.txt".

They should be fixed in the next version.