Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 70896 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A dwarven dungeon - succession fortress.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 11:19:25 am »

I also want to play, I have enough free time now and in the near future
Ô_ quack

Vikram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 01:39:24 pm »

Guess I'll be first on the waiting list. Die quickly, k?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

We have arrived at our grave, us seven dwarves.

. . .

After a disastrous attack on the mountainhome, King Tosid Yelloils needed to do something or risk triggering a rebellion. Our enemies threatened genocide, and yet he still wasted his time chasing after those whispered legends of eternal life. Foolish was his chase, for even immortality could not stop a human's blade, a goblin's whip, nor the arrow of an Elf, but King Tosid was far from practical. He shouted no matter the situation, ignored important advisors, regularly submerged himself in rock nut oil as if it might extend his life, and worshipped a murderous Roc. His vain quest was but one of many faults, though his search was perhaps the costliest in terms of equipment and lives. We all wished for his end, us commoners, but the insidious corruption of our ruling class denied us any recourse - the nobles felt comfortable, and so Tosid remained.

However, Tosid did have some sense for politics and, knowing that unrest could quickly turn into rebellion, responded to the attack with a token gesture. A lottery was announced, and unless you were a noble you had no choice but to enter. Seven guildsdwarves would be selected to venture deep into enemy territory and establish a "Dungeon of Death." This dungeon, built in one of the harshest deserts on the continent, would lure the ravenous hordes away from the mountainhome, ideally entrapping or killing as many foes as possible. A ridiculous proposal, surely just a suicide mission, and so I nearly cried when I hear my name called from the podium.

I was thrown in a cart with six other luckless fools and booted out the gate. Crossing the continent was arduous, and we did horrible, horrible things just to survive. I refuse to go into details, so let's just say I will never look at milk the same way again.

And so, here we are. Let's get digging before the elves find us at their doorstep. You know what they do to prisoners, right?

--------
The Embark:

Claim your Dwarves! Let me know what nickname you want, if any. I can only start once you've selected.

- Taken Eral "Snow" Turelmafol, Miner
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Taken Vabôk "Carefulrogue" Kolaran, Bookkeeper
- Taken Unib "Gwolfski" Rigòthnitig, Planter
- Taken Kivish "Arcvasti" Mebzuthåkum, Mechanic
- Taken Zuglar "Glittergold" Lîlarònul, Salesman
- Taken Zasit "Onciblu" Stinthadingtak, Smelter

I have already claimed this guy:
Id "Salmeuk" ònulnangês, Architect

And yes, the king actually worships a Roc and seeks eternal life:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:53:34 am by Salmeuk »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 08:35:49 pm »

I'll take Vabok Kolaran "Wheeledsculped."  Nickname her Carefulrogue. 

Also, we have a real interesting king.  I never want to have my character to come face-to-face.  If we do ... I suspect regicide is in the cards. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:40:31 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 08:50:27 pm »

I'll take Kivish Oarcaught, name them "Arcvasti".
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:06 pm »

Also, if your dwarf would have brought along any specific items I can throw those in the cart. Or if you just want a sheep or something, I dunno, that's cool too.

neriractor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 10:21:30 pm »

I'll take zuglar lilaronul "glittergold" custom profession: :salesman: (can we pick skills? If so I would like to be the broker and a crafter(any craft is fine).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 10:26:19 pm »

I'll take zuglar lilaronul "glittergold" custom profession: :salesman: (can we pick skills? If so I would like to be the broker and a crafter(any craft is fine).

Oh, right, you should all pick skills too. Otherwise I will just assign what's needed :>

I've got you recorded, with "glittergold" as his nickname. Is jeweler ok? It fits with his like of large gems.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:32:41 pm by Salmeuk »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 10:38:47 pm »

I'd like to be a Mechanic and to bring along five male kittens.

There's GOT to be some way to make dastardly traps with absurd amounts of cats
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 10:50:55 pm »

Also, if your dwarf would have brought along any specific items I can throw those in the cart. Or if you just want a sheep or something, I dunno, that's cool too.

Oh, right, you should all pick skills too. Otherwise I will just assign what's needed :>
There was some text that suggest my character would be a good book keeper so that please.  A novice level should do for the time being.  Then just give her whatever we need after that.  And a sword please.  She likes war too. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 11:33:10 pm »

I'm taking Eral Turelmafol. Nickname her Snow (she has pale skin and of course I'm snow). Make her a miner, cause she likes cave spiders and gems and minerals.
Also here is a list of jobs that we should have to survive and the jobs that we currently have:
Miner - Snow Dwarf
Jeweler - Neriractor
Farmer or Fisher -
Mason -
Woodcutter -
Carpenter -
Mechanic - Arcvasti
Bookkeeper - Carefulrogue

If we are taking five male kittens than take a few females too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:38:21 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

neriractor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 11:54:18 pm »

I've got you recorded, with "glittergold" as his nickname. Is jeweler ok? It fits with his like of large gems.

yeah, that's fine, lets wait for the others and strike the earth!!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 07:22:47 am »

I'm taking Eral Turelmafol. Nickname her Snow (she has pale skin and of course I'm snow). Make her a miner, cause she likes cave spiders and gems and minerals.
Also here is a list of jobs that we should have to survive and the jobs that we currently have:
Miner - Snow Dwarf
Jeweler - Neriractor
Farmer or Fisher -
Mason -
Woodcutter -
Carpenter -
Mechanic - Arcvasti
Bookkeeper - Carefulrogue

If we are taking five male kittens than take a few females too.

I have you recorded. Also, we can survive with any skillset. There's a stream, and I'm bringing (1) metric fuckton of turtles. The current state of food gathering is so OP that even a few paltry desert scrubs can feed the starting seven.

And it's not like I won't be forcing the more 'useless' of our administrators to do some of the dirty work, at least until that first wave of migrants.

That leaves Unib and Zasit. I will start sometime this afternoon, with or without input from the remaining two players, and just nickname them later.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:29:31 am by Salmeuk »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 07:52:36 am »

Also make the name be dungeon related with something funny in it like dungeon socks etc.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 08:43:00 am »

ill take unib.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31