Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 70731 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon [RECRUITING]
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:06 am »

Yeah, I meant figurines. Who is great jon umber by the way?
A guy from ASOIAF. jrrocks1 From page 3
Ô_ quack

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2016, 11:15:38 am »

No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
I'm sigging this.

I say send in the military or even better, if you are able to, the visitors.... (are my statues stilt designated for working and did the dwarfs finish smelting coins?)

I don't like working with orders, but I didn't want to delete then, so I removed tha manager instead. We have lots of coins alread. They are for trading right?. As for statues I don't remember seing statues on orders. I did see the figurines tough, wich many were made.
I really tried to get the damnable manager to do his bloody job, but he never did for the six month rule I had.  (He was a part of the military, that's why.)  I also commissioned a set of statues for ingame Carefulrogue, and I think possibly for Arcvasti.  Dunno, it doesn't tell you the specs when you go in, at lease as far as I could tell.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »

I also commissioned a set of statues for ingame Carefulrogue
Which one, though?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »

I also commissioned a set of statues for ingame Carefulrogue
Which one, though?
The one that died in the Librarian Revolt.  Now the event even has a name.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2016, 05:35:40 am »

Ok, so Onciblu your turn is over upload the save.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2016, 10:35:26 am »

Ooh, so I'm next and it's almost the weekend.
1. Keep only 7 dwarfs alive. 
2. Open hall policy: clever traps and military only defenses (or avoidance)
3. All other civilizations are dirtbags.
4. v43.05 64-bit; use ascii-compatible tilesets and fonts.
5. 1 year game play; and/or 2 weeks real time?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2016, 11:00:12 am »

Ooh, so I'm next and it's almost the weekend.
1. Keep only 7 dwarfs alive. 
2. Open hall policy: clever traps and military only defenses (or avoidance)
3. All other civilizations are dirtbags.
4. v43.05 64-bit; use ascii-compatible tilesets and fonts.
5. 1 year game play; and/or 2 weeks real time?
1. Please keep as many dwarves alive as possible. 
2. Correct.
3. Don't be silly, we're the snatchers and thieves.
4. I think.  Just don't F-up the save so the next person doesn't have to perform blackmagic to fix it. 
5. 1 Week is allocated, and if a turn is partly completed, it's been allowed for people to tack on extra playtime.  For instance, I got to play from fall, until later winter of the same year.  I could have continued playing through the next year, if I had time (RL took precedence.)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2016, 11:04:10 am »

I think the 1. was that "don't kill other overseers" basically, but I'll have to reread :v

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2016, 12:32:57 pm »

Things I'm wondering about.

If I create a burrow (#B) with cobaltile stone stockpile (#A) and a hallway of stone traps, that should limit resetting of the traps using only from the stone stockpile within it's burrow?   If I have a feeder stone stockpile give to #A that should work even if it's not part of the burrow (#B)?

Did our civ snatch any kobolds to raise yet?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »

I think the 1. was that "don't kill other overseers" basically, but I'll have to reread :v
It's generally considered polite to not directly kill named dwarves.  But there is nothing in the rules against it. 

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »

You shouldn't straight up create a construction and find other ways to kill named dwarfs, but if one is in a critical situation just let it go (the cold doesn't bother me anyway♪♫) ◄-- (Get it?). It's part of the !!fun!!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2016, 08:00:54 pm »

You shouldn't straight up create a construction and find other ways to kill named dwarfs, but if one is in a critical situation just let it go (the cold doesn't bother me anyway♪♫) ◄-- (Get it?). It's part of the !!fun!!
I'm certain !!Gwolfski!! feels the same way.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2016, 01:27:58 am »

Dunno if a trap is considered a workshop. Try it by making a stone-fall trap with burrow restricting it and no stones in the burrow?

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:45:23 am by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »

Introduction: The City of Sneaktunnels

Mid-Spring 254

I am Sanctumea Outragerags, or 'Blacksmith Mea' or just Mea, and I have trouble controlling my temper.  Before I go over my troubles, let me go over the pleasantries. 

I am 101 year old, the wife of 'speciesunkn0wn'.  We arrived here in Sneaktunnels almost 4 years ago on Malachite, 250.  We have 4 children, and our first 2 kids (Ingish and Kubuk) did not arrived with us during our travels--their whereabouts is unknown--they are just gone. 

Since arriving then, we have our youngest daughter, Sigun, who is now 2 years old.  Our youngest son, Vutok, is 1 year old and his upper body is gone, and in a grave.  Mother's milk in a cup!  So much for my pleasantries.

It is mid-spring of 254 here in the City Ostukod, “Sneaktunnels”, and the population is 95 (31 are children).

This city needs a lot of thing.  There is lack of cheetah or char roasts.  Not even dwarven cheese or soft wheat beer can be found.  The forge is sub-par.  I am unable to practice a martial art.  And there is no proper mug available that I have chug directly from barrels of booze to reach euphoric inebriation.

The Council, is falling apart, or rather some are missing--just gone.  Perhaps I can use this time to pursue my dream of creating a great work of art.
ooc: edit, replaced to:

Disputes among the overseers must end, and thus I formed The Council for lack of better term which eliminates the voting of the peasants of their ruler; and turn such matters for the nobility to decide about the affairs of Sneaktunnels.  Yes, I consider myself nobility of Sneaktunnels, and thus I take my first reign over its citizens.

I take a moment to look around and conclude that will take far more time to figure out.  There's a lever with a note to raise bridges thatmake hallways and divert traffic into a smoke filled hall of traps.  There's the cavern not far from the surface and it is already open.  There is a dead body below the well.  Moving on ...

I look at the military squads.  There are 23 soldiers with 21 active.

ooc: updated 10/17/2016.
I will need an office and time to peruse the other citizens.  For now, I started a dossier of The Council:
1. Sanctumea, "Blacksmith Mea" (alive)
2. Northwinds, "Mayor Northwinds" (alive)
3. (vacant)
4. Snow, "Miner Snot" (alive)
5. speciesunkn0wn, "Spear SpeciesUnk" (alive)
6. Arcvasti II, "King of All Cats" (alive)
7. Zast, "Capt of the Guard" (alive)

There is currently no Chief Medical Dwarf; and no Manger. 

A dwarf named Asmel is the bookkeeper.  He is a Proficient Dwarddwarf, Proficient Organizer, Professional Brewer, and a High Master Student.  His sword skills may be better than his pen.

Here’s a look of the first few levels of Sneaktunnels.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:50:07 pm by Sanctume »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31