Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 70638 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2017, 04:58:02 am »

I agree, sanctume'turn took almost a month and the fps isn't as good as before. I see no reason to end your turn now.
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:06 am »

æ Welp. Bye, bye, jrrocks1.

And lol@miner.

Wait.....Battle-miner? I thought mercs wouldn't arrive bearing picks, as mining is a combat skill?

Suggesting they're domestic.

Check their allegiances? They better not be enemy to the group or civ....

æ In honor of baby liches I pick æ as the list symbol here :P

æ Are lot of dwarves stressed or something? I've never seen a tantrum in person, myself....

æ I have thought long and hard before, and ultimately know no way to make a room utterly inpenetrable with a dwarf inside.

Cats are different story, though - if you tunnel up into semi-molten rock from beneath, use up-stair to block off access to tile of catsplosion, make sure to reveal all 9 tiles of SMR directly or diagonally above tile of cats and then starve the dwarf who blocked off the tile.

I suspect this is not the case, though :p

æ I'd have forbid the bone on that tresher mood for iron pick, but it's nice for a miner nonetheless.

æ And that is unfortunate, but true.

Well, lets see, updates are the lifeblood of successions. January 10, January 6,...Took the save on Jan 3 at the earliest. Well, it hasn't been two weeks for sure. And refreshing myself on the rules from OP, doesn't seem like there is a stated term limit.

Seems like kinda early to call it quits by any measure.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:54 am »

Take your time :) 

I felt bi-polar having gotten turns in 2 succession games over the December holidays--concurrent binge DF & Netflix helps a lot.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2017, 02:34:08 pm »

Wait.....Battle-miner? I thought mercs wouldn't arrive bearing picks, as mining is a combat skill?
Not a merc. His best weapon skill is mining, so I gave him a pick. I call such people "battle-miners"
Suggesting they're domestic.
who is domestic? the rebel cats? Yeah, but they are useless where they are, and are just breeding.
Check their allegiances? They better not be enemy to the group or civ....
Whose allegiances? The killer dwarves? They weren't tantrumming, that was because I foolishly attacked a dwarven visitor.
æ
I have thought long and hard before, and ultimately know no way to make a room utterly inpenetrable with a dwarf inside.
is inpenatrable a word?

Cats are different story, though - if you tunnel up into semi-molten rock from beneath, use up-stair to block off access to tile of catsplosion, make sure to reveal all 9 tiles of SMR directly or diagonally above tile of cats and then starve the dwarf who blocked off the tile.
What is SMR? What are you even talking about? I was saying that the cats are just uselessly breeding in their impenetrable lava-encased room. However I have fixed that. All I needed was a !SCIENTIFIC! teleportation device(no not DFhack's teleportation script).
I suspect this is not the case, though :p

æ I'd have forbid the bone on that tresher mood for iron pick, but it's nice for a miner nonetheless.
I had no idea that it was going to be a weapon, I assumed it would be a amulet.

æ And that is unfortunate, but true.
I have to say, could you please use quotes to show what you are commenting on in the future, because I don't know what this is a comment on.
Seems like kinda early to call it quits by any measure.
Okay, I can continue on, but I don't have a current update, because I was preparing to hand off the save, and thus that update would moot now. However, I will continue to play.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:43:48 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2017, 04:08:09 pm »

- The first three quotes are part of the same thing, referring to same event - all three are talking about the battle-miner. Anyway, it's called loyalty cascade for a reason - allegiances cascade to enemy as one kills members of fort or group.

- Yeah inpeneterable isn't a word; typo.

- SMR = Semi-molten rock (mentioned beforehand). Talking about making a room utterly impenetrable - more than a lava-encased room, which one can simply cavein. However, I know no other way to teleport creatures other than dfhack-based mods.

- You can check the preferences of a mooding dwarf beforehand. Or just forbid-unforbid the bone anyway since why not an iron amulet? Though a bonecarving mood usually doesn't result in craft, anyway.

- Like before, every point is about the same thing - you split it up again, but they're both about the continuation of your turn.

- As for the quoting individual bits.

First, it won't help if chopped up into component parts, as with the SMR and loyalty cascade bits above.

Second, it's poor practice to quote post directly above oneself, to quote images and/or to build quote pyramids taking up most of ones' post. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:10:41 pm by Fleeting Frames »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »

9th Hematite, 258.
A rebel kitten has grown into a cat. They must be destroyed.
11th Hematite, 258.
The Forgotten Beast Sarek has come!  A great rattlesnake with lidless eyes.  It has large mandibles and it squirms and fidgets.  Its silver scales are oval-shaped and close-set.  Beware its poisonous bite! A snake with poison bite?
How original. Anyway, I'm going to have the military fight it.
Id Mengkalan, a speardwarf of the Ochre Banner, went right up to the forgotten beast, and punched it in the neck, tearing the fat. Then Id punches it a few more times for good measure. Id dodges Sabrek charging at him, then bites Sabrek in the body, tearing the scale, and bruising the fat. Then Sabrek broke Id's grip, and charged Id, causing Id to fall down. At this point, Ilral Kironlimul, another speardwarf of the Ochre Banner,  Caught up to Id, and stabbed Sabrek in the left mandible. Then another speardwarf, Ilral Kubukstelid, bashed Sabrek with the side of his spear, while the other Ilrlal, and Id, got back up. Id ran up, and punched Sabrek in the right lung. For some reason, Id does not have a spear. The three continue beating up on Sabrek, and manage to fracture the skull. Ilral kubuk then stabs Sabrel in the body hard to knock it on its side. Kubrek follows that up with a stab to the gut. After that,  they start beating it to a bloody pulp. Pretty much bodypart, including the heart, both lungs, both eyes, the guts, the spines, and the skull are incredibly damaged. Ilral Kubukstelid gets the kill, with a well-crafted iron spear.
12th Hematite, 258.
Kivish has named a steel war hammer! It better not be my hammer, or he's going to have some 'splaining to do, Lucy!
Okay, it's not my hammer. We're good now.
Lonely Tosid apparently REALLY likes short swords, and large serrated discs, because he has just illegalized their export.
13th Hematite, 258.
The D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L worked! Those rebel cats may actually be defeated! I have sent the bravest dwarf into their midst. With any luck, they should presently be defeated.
15th Hematite, 258.
Lonely Tosid has been re-elected. He's also the king, so one would think he does not care about that.
7 rebel cats still live, as only four/sevenths of a square of lava got into the room. Once it has dried, I'll have my dwarf remove the door, letting in enough lava to finish the job.
22nd Hematite, 258.
Two more scholars have arrived. Also, Id mengkalan has become an Elite Wrestler.
25th Hematite, 258.
Athel Arushrimtar has created a set of masterpiece swan leather mittens.
28th Hematite, 258.
The rebel cats have given birth to some rebel kittens, and the D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L has stopped working for some reason. Perhaps the rebel cats have some helpers in the local population.
My co-worker Catten Mezumubbul has named his silver war hammer Nulomgemesh, or "Blameconflicts".
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2017, 07:18:21 am »

Does the D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L work on schollas too?
Ô_ quack

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2017, 04:10:59 pm »

Sadly, no. And in case you are wondering, it isn't DFhack-related, though the actual method probably counts as cheating, but those rebel cats were really bothering me.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 20, 2017, 06:33:51 pm »

Sadly, no. And in case you are wondering, it isn't DFhack-related, though the actual method probably counts as cheating, but those rebel cats were really bothering me.
Glad to see the war against the cats continues.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2017, 03:13:30 pm »

29th Hematite, 258.
Urist Ringstaves wishes to join as a citizen. I have no idea who that is, but I'm going to let him, just on acount of his being named Urist. On closer inspection, she appears to be a chemist. Wait a minute, we had 202 citizens before, so shouldn't we have 203 citizens now? But we only have 202... Oh, of course. Urist must have been a long-term resident, but not a full citizen.
Rith Taremkubuk, a Axe Guard, has named his steel shield.

1st Malachite, 258.
Datan Kilruduthir has become a master in the spear. I myself am now off-duty. It is strange to be off-duty.
A swordsman has named his black-cap shield.

11th Malachite, 258.
Bored, bored, bored. Nothing is happening.
Athel Erushrimtar seems a very good clothesmaker, as s/he has made much masterwork clothing.

18th Malachite, 258.
I have enacted a law that all visitors may only enter the fortress nude. This is for a number of reasons. One:it meansslightly less stuff to cause lag. Two:if visitors will ever have to be executed, it will be much easier to do so. Three: because it is freaking hilarious.

20th Malachite, 258.
A Hungry Head has just given birth to twins. I didn't even know those unholy abominations could reproduce.
Twins... Why does it have to be twins? Has any creature ever been less creepy as twins?
Thankfully a wandering patrol found, and quickly exterminated them.

22nd Malachite, 258.
Two more scholars have arrived. They arrived together. I wonder if it's just a coincidence, or are they married?

24th Malachite, 258.
Unib Lushonkol has created a masterful figurine of a dwarf being devoured by cats. I have no idea why he why he would create such an evil image. Too bad work on the insane asylum has not been finished( or started, for that matter).
In unrelated news, Lonely Tosid has banned the export of bracelets. Probably because of reasons. When I asked him what the actual reason was, he said "Don't get on my bad side".

25th Malachite, 258.
I saw some elk birds in the caverns. Because of reasons, I sent the tunnel guards after them.
Samuel Vimes, while cutting of one of the elk birds' head, yelled "the quest for knowledge never ends!".
I am really regretting not building an insane asylum.

27th Malachite, 258.
I have discovered a one hundred forty-five year old scientist. Did he discover the secrets to youth, and just didn't tell any one else?
The Tunnel Guards keep getting more things to kill, while I am not on-duty at all. Oh, how I wish I was a Tunnel Guard. But they only take axe-men, and I am a hammerman.

1st Galena, 258.
I AM BACK ON DUTY! I HAVE PURPOSE AGAIN!!!
I am now glad I am not a tunnel guard, for now they are off-duty, and I am on-duty. Strange how only a few days ago I was envious of them, and now I take pity apon them(NOTE: No idea why they all went to civilian profs, they don't have a scheduled off-duty. Didn't know that when I wrote the preceding).

2nd Galena, 258.
SOMEONE HAS MADE A MASTERPIECE LUK DRUM! WHATEVER THAT MEANS!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:19:30 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2017, 04:15:19 pm »

6th Galena, 258.
We have caught a gray Troll. Probably was trying to troll us. Well, now we've proven that we are much more l33t.
Apparently the Armored House is the place for long-term scholarship, as Ablel Craftswaded wishes to reside in Sneaktunnels for the purpose of study. Seeing no reason at the time to deny this, I accepted.
I have noticed that most long-term scholars have skill in combat, which is somewhat weird.

7th Galena, 258.
I and the rest of the Parched Anvils were chasing a porcupine, because reasons, when I saw a goblin pretending to be a scholar coming to the fort. I quickly saw through the disguise, and realized he was a evil spy. I used my telepathic abilities to let the Big Silvers know, as they were much closer to the enemy. One of the first to answer the call was Tholtig Amostlelum, who began chasing after the goblin while holding her own child. But the goblin got away, but ran past our entrance, where a battle-miner struck him in the right upper arm, tearing apart the muscle. The goblin responded by running away, and saying "I've been wounded. It's annoying". Then a passing maceman hit him multiple times, but only bruised him before the goblin got away.

10th Galena, 258.
One of the macedwarves finally caught the goblin at the south end of the map. Now he will be unable to tell his superiors of any weaknesses on our part.
Rith Loredem, a baroness consort, has arrived.  So, not only is she a noble, she is also a visitor.

11th Galena, 258.
There are three 'flesh balls', whatever that is. Whatever it is, it sounds really creepy. However, I don't think they are dangerous, so I ain't going to send anyone after them.

12th Galena, 258.
Like, wow, man! Some guy just made a masterpiece microline pot, man. Groovy!

13th Galena, 258.
We have apparently struck tetrahedrite. Said tetrahedrite is in lava. This does no bode well...
Tosid wants us to build a grate. Can do.

16th Galena, 258.
Atir Melbilzoluth, a scholar, has arrived. Also, a swordsman with the same first name has become attached to his steel sword.

22nd Galena, 258.
Three scholars have arrived.
Sadly, Speciesunk0wn has an infection in his right eye.

24th Galena, 258.
A bard is visiting. Considering we don't have any taverns at all, I must wonder why he is here.

26th Galena, 258.
Two giant moles have forgotten their training.
A ranger has given birth to a baby boy.

8th Limestone, 258.
A ghost has been put to rest. Also, I managed to get everybody working! No idle hands here.
I didn't know cats could get healthcare, but here is one with a splint, and some stitching proving me wrong.

10th Limestone, 258.
I have not seen the cared-for cat again, and have thought something terrible. Perhaps that stitching ws not administered  by any dwarven hand. Perhaps, the cats have a secret base, from which they strike out, and bring back food.
I thought that the only the cats in the lava room were rebels, but perhaps I was mistaken. After all, the D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L is still not working, and the lava rebels could not get to it. Perhaps the local rebels are sympathetic to the lava room rebels. I must have the D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L fixed. Then the lava room rebels will be utterly destroyed, and then... I will find the rest of the rebels, and they will be eliminated!

15th Limestone, 258.
The dwarven trade caravan is here. I am going to trade some near useless things, such as figurines, and broken armor.
-----------
My turn is still not done. Question: who do I have to dwarf, and what kind of dwarf do they want?
I remember being told to dwarf some people, but I was unable to find out what kind of dwarves they wanted.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 28, 2017, 02:17:48 am »

Regarding combat scholars, I pretty much never find a visitor without any combat skill at all. I'm surprised if you have any without some - maybe due rusting?

A grate, for lava? Sounds like Tosid has grand pumping plans.

Sucks for Speciesunk0wn. Don't think you can amputate eyes.

Cat healthcare...There is 43.05 dwarfvet dfhack plugin that enables doctors with animal caretaking enabled to treat animals in hospital/animal training zones.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 28, 2017, 08:51:33 am »

I think the scholars are creating a secret militia, they may rebel at some point, I don't think they forgot wat we have done to their colleagues. I volunteer to investigate, I have enough skills to pass as one of then.
Ô_ quack

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2017, 12:05:42 pm »

Speciesunk0wn is already blind, he doesn't need eyes anymore.  Just go for total spear ninja commander.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2017, 12:24:44 pm »

Speciesunk0wn is already blind, he doesn't need eyes anymore.  Just go for total spear ninja commander.
He didn't die in the first combat of my turn.  Granted, maybe the goblin purposely aimed at the shield.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31