Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 70920 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2017, 01:25:15 pm »

BE STRONG

edit: Starter pack with DT for 40.05 64 bits is launched
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:31:28 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »

From the journals of Arcvasti II, Immortal King of All Cats

15th Moonstone:

After the calamities that have ravaged this place, I've ended up in power again. I'm not sure I deserve it after killing Reynblade, but I'm still a better leader then no one at all. First things first, I check up on the projects I was running last time and they still seem to be in order. The emergency cat storage is thriving, although somehow someone has managed to teleport in and deface it with fortifications. This appears to have been accomplished by using some arcane device that I do not understand. As the first act of my new reign, I order the strange apparatus bricked up.

My other major project, draining the cavern lake, seems to have been abandoned. However, all the necessary infrastructure still seems to be in place, so all it needs is power. I'd originally hoped to be able to use raw dwarfpower, but we no longer have the population to accomplish this feat. There are perhaps a hundred citizens[Compared to perhaps sixty soldiers], of whom only a few can be spared from essential duties. Therefore, I'll need to harness the unlimited power of the WIND in order to drain the cavern lake.

16th Moonstone:

Yet more deaths. All children, all of dehydration. However, I now have a new war dog, so everything's good. The king, while sparring, mentioned his royal quarters were subpar, so I sent some people to engrave things in them. Hopefully they don't take the opportunity to mock him with caricatures like they did the last overseer.

22nd Moonstone:

Things are proceeding at a snails pace. I've forbidden anyone to haul wood, but there's still enough menial backed-up jobs that things are getting done quite slowly.

27th Moonstone:

Some kittens were born today, in the emergency cat storage site. Yay.

2nd Opal:

There are a bunch of adult dogs in the dog cage. I order them released and trained for war, that they may serve me, their rightful king.

7th Opal:

I've come across a very strange machine indeed: One that uses a pump to power a waterwheel that in turn powers the pump. This construction somehow GENERATES power. If I hook it up to the cavern draining apparatus, then I won't need to worry about protecting windmills on the surface.

Things are going slowly, not because of FPS, but because of the fact that I keep pausing the game to micromanage random things. I have picked this up though and please do remind me if there are no updates for a couple days.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 14, 2017, 05:50:18 am »

Things are going slowly, not because of FPS, but because of the fact that I keep pausing the game to micromanage random things. I have picked this up though and please do remind me if there are no updates for a couple days.
Always, have the same problem, but note that I think we would allow you to go ahead and let it run for a while in your background, because I find (at least for me) I don't want succession fortress's run because it's against the rules or something else, but nah. Not here, you can go ahead leave it, play or do something else and check once in a while. What I was planning on doing was setting the fps cap to 1 and letting it run while I went to the cinema.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 14, 2017, 12:34:59 pm »

Also, if FPS happens to be a problem you can always kill all cats some animals
Ô_ quack

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 19, 2017, 01:38:51 pm »

21st Opal:

A sworder named their shield “The Armoury of Guards”. Ridiculous, if you ask me. My own shield is serviceable, but ultimately expendable. Giving it a name would only lead to sadness when it dies in the line of duty.

23rd Opal:

The king finally has proper rooms, achieved primarily via liberal application of engraving and silver statues. Said statues consist of various animals[Large roaches being most prominent] and, the centerpiece, a statue of the god of law and justice looking offended. I personally would be somewhat put off if I had a god always looking disappointed in my efforts to lead, but the king seems to like it.

27th Opal:

Another Forgotten Beast, a winged flesh-slug with a venomous bite. I send the Ochre Banner to end this thing before it becomes inconvenient. Honestly, with how hardened our military is, we have no need to fear anything made of flesh and without magic or poison.

28th Opal:

And the thing is dead, to a well-placed kick from one Id Lashtrailed. It died without landing a single blow and Id even managed to dodge out of the way of its corpse once it could no longer fly.

1st Obsidian:

A sow gave birth to a piglet. How adorable.

7th Obsidian:

The king had earlier mandated some serrated discs and short swords be made. Since that seemed quite reasonable given our dangerous location, I agreed and ordered some made. When I checked in on Rakust a few days ago, none of the work orders had been filed. Turns out that the dwarf side of the manager's office was in the military for some reason, despite the fact that I'd discharged them after a crippling injury. So instead I gave the manager job to one Leonard of Quirm, who was the best Organizer not in the military. I don't know why there's such a strong correlation between being good at paperwork and good at swordwork: I myself am a fair hand at both.

9th Obsidian:
And the mandates are fulfilled. Leonard is much more prompt then his predecessor was.

A miner starts looking strange and fey... This could be interesting.

10th Obsidian:

Another otherwise sensible sworder named their shield. Battle does strange things to people. I don't seem to have been affected, due in no small part to having dozens of furry friends constantly cheering me up.

Meanwhile, the fey miner claimed a Mason's Workshop.

15th Obsidian:

The fey miner wants some logs, which we appear to have run out of somehow. I don't know why we're wasting our rarest resource on BRACELETS of all things, so I just have the wasteful production stopped and order some mushrooms felled.

16th Obsidian:

Another sworder named his shield. I swear I'm the only sane sword-user...

22nd Obsidian:

The cavern draining is proceeding apace, finally. The strange waterheel machine produces miraculous power, but not enough to power two distant pumps. So one pump must still be hand-powered. The first of the drowned corpses filling the lake was found today and properly laid at rest.

25th Obsidian:

A ghostly farmer has arisen. Unfortunately, all he does is stare at the farms he used to work, instead of socializing with the similarly spectral ranger hanging around

Always, have the same problem, but note that I think we would allow you to go ahead and let it run for a while in your background, because I find (at least for me) I don't want succession fortress's run because it's against the rules or something else, but nah. Not here, you can go ahead leave it, play or do something else and check once in a while. What I was planning on doing was setting the fps cap to 1 and letting it run while I went to the cinema.

Unfortunately. there are just too many things that force the game to pause. Like, for example, a crundle reverting to a wild state.
Spooky Signature

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »

He claimed a mason's, that means it WILL be useful to some degree. Either a floodgate, door, cabinet, chair, table, or some other furniture.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2017, 09:35:23 am »

A sworder named their shield “The Armoury of Guards”. Ridiculous, if you ask me. My own shield is serviceable, but ultimately expendable. Giving it a name would only lead to sadness when it dies in the line of duty.
Do you realize that named artifacts are also indestructible?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 21, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:31:53 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:59 pm »

Good job, Onciblu! Although, Could you avoid making my character use incorrect grammar?  Also, if I'm really, really angry(my character, not me), I might call someone "you non-alcoholic clean-shaven son of an elf! An ugly, ugly elf!".
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:25 pm »

27th Obsidian:

The fey miner is still missing logs, despite the fact that we do have some in stock. I have some more mushrooms chopped down. Hopefully one of them will appeal to him.

1st Granite:

Its spring now. Not that that means anything in particular.

3rd Granite:

I discretely inquired to some of the other sworders about the motivation behind naming shields, which will inevitably be broken. I was received with laughter: Apparently the act of naming an item makes it somehow invulnerable. An unbreakable shield would be a nice thing to have...

Growlfield the Flax of Sacrifices. Yes, that would be a good name. After all my shield has been such a fine companion. And making it immortal would be so easy...

I'm quite certain I'm not going mad. After all, if I was, my faithful puppies would tear me apart before I hurt anyone.

5th Granite:

The miner still won't stop yelling about logs, even though I had some put literally on his doorstep. If he wants to go mad, he's going to go mad.

7th Granite:

A tame giant mole is missing. This is highly worrying.

14th Granite:

Turns out Leonard of Quirm is too wrapped up in his research to care about his managerial duties. I give the job to some random clerk instead.

17th Granite:

The fey miner has finally begun his work. Apparently the bottleneck was tanned hides and not wood. The valiant sacrifice of a reindeer bull has saved this poor sod's life. Plus he'll probably end up as a fabulous table or somesuch, so it'll be alright in the end.

Sorry for the long delay and the short update. I've just recovered from my very own strange mood and am now ready to spend my time on other things. Hopefully there'll be daily updates of about a month or so, at least for the rest of the week.
Spooky Signature

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 29, 2017, 05:20:39 pm »

Nice yo see this slowly moving forward.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 31, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »

I updated some of my old posts with pictures finally.  I don't think I assigned them to  all of the ones I have, but at this point, I have no clue.  Enjoy fellas.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2017, 09:11:45 am »

Is this dead?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2017, 05:05:00 pm »

Is this dead?

Not if I can help it. The save is basically right at the start of Spring, which should help resync things anyways. I'm quite sorry that it took me this long to admit defeat and hand in the save. If FPS is too bad, then turning off the pumps draining the cavern lake might help. I had no framerate problems myself, but my sole 64-bit capable computer is pretty robust when I can actually access it.
Spooky Signature

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 11, 2017, 11:37:46 am »

I will take the save. It is my turn right?

edit: I may start my turn in july, if the next(or the next-next, or the next-next-next...) on line is interested in playing fell absotelly free, you have the save.

Reason is deadlines are haunting me
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:23:38 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]