Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 70683 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2016, 07:39:52 pm »

Ok carefulrogue, your time is over. I'm Pming the next Player.
Alright, I'll zip the package and post the remainder of my logs.  I didn't quite have enough time to play as I had originally though.

EDIT: The Save

EDIT 2: My overseer logs.  Eventually I hope to have some time to address the lack of pictures, but for now you'll have to go without. 

15th Moonstone, 253
All was quiet for the first few days of winter until one of the farmers got an idea.  Whatever it is, it has interrupted our crafts shop orders… do we have orders?  I’m not sure.

17th moonstone, 253
I’ve drafted plans to cut deeper into the rock larger bedrooms than the cramped little closets we’ve been calling rooms.  Enough is enough. 

23rd Moonstone, 253
The death machine at the magma sea is being dismantled.  While I intent to rebuild it, I will improve upon the design.

27th Moonstone, 253
I’m ever confused as to why we have so much room here, that is not being exploited.  This particular entry is spurred by the need of a barracks and armory structure that is centralized.  While I plan to leave the old barracks, (some people have no trouble finding the places, how Armok only knows,) I will be

14th Opal, 253
Shit.  SHIT.  Close the gates, find the fucking lever, there is no time.  A giantess was appeared on the ridge.  Eges Freeflier the Breach of (the last got cut off) was the reported name given to this beast according to the hunter scouts.  This could go poorly.  I’m certain we can bring it down, but if a critical dwarf dies, we could be held back many months to try and catch up.  For now, we can only do our part.

15th Opal, 253
…. False alarm.  It stepped over our traps that we had setup, and instantly the cage sprung down to render the monster trapped.... I guess some of the traps were armed…

16th Opal, 253
The farmer finished his crazy construction.  It’s… interesting.  Made of cat bone, and handful of other materials.  I can’t put a price to it.  I don’t know all too well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:50:54 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »

I propose kitten outposts to handle giants. One should be able to kill a giant on their own with no lasting injuries :P

Yeah it's roomy.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2016, 08:55:23 pm »

I propose kitten outposts to handle giants. One should be able to kill a giant on their own with no lasting injuries :P

Yeah it's roomy.
If you can find any cats.  I began to slaughter over half the population.  I blame Arcvasti for letting them breed.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »

Yeah it's roomy.
If you can find any cats.  I began to slaughter over half the population.

You're going to wake up one morning cocooned in yarn and with a jury of kittens pronouncing furry judgment on you.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »

Yeah it's roomy.
If you can find any cats.  I began to slaughter over half the population.

You're going to wake up one morning cocooned in yarn and with a jury of kittens pronouncing furry judgment on you.
Eh, we'll probably just eat them.  Then I won't be under trial!
EDIT
And did I mention we've begun to have cat burgers?  :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:34:44 pm by Carefulrogue »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2016, 02:39:41 am »

I think a graph of "kitten population vs. time" from Sneaktunnels would prove interesting.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2016, 04:35:51 am »

I concur
Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2016, 09:16:11 pm »

Neriractor did not respond so it's Onciblu's turn. We also have a free space on the waitlist, so Arcvasti if he wants can come back (the first one to die).
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »

Letter to Stettad Kithälotil

Dear Settad,things in Ostukód ain't being easy. Well it was never suppose to be. The thing is, I don't know how long I can keep it up. Almost all of my best friends are dead and we are putting the corpses on piles outside the fort. As there are too many of those for too little coffins. Actually we have lots of coffins but they are occupied already.

We have a mission here and I know it. The king promised we would receive lots of ambushes from elves, humans, globins and so on. But it is the beasts that hurt us the most. Any of us would more than happy close the caves, source of the tragedies, but the king has forbidden us. And we fear his retaliation. Not only many of us have a family back in home, but the beasts that the king worships have proven to be merciless to the elves, almost as it listens to the king.

The power that guides the dungeon operate oddly. When we were arriving for settle the business Salmeuk exclaimed "The firsts will be the firsts, the lasts will be the lasts" and sprinted to the brook, claiming the place and the command. Then Gwolfski, and the others. I found all of this silly and arrived last. Since then they call me Zast.

Some of the starting seven are not between as anymore, or shouldn't at least. When Carfulrogue  would be the next of line a motin broke and he died trying to contain the rebelers and the demon-worshipers. Now he came back from the dead to claim the command and harass us. Surprisingling people have accepted well the weightless overseer. The next one would be Gittergold, I can only hope he is well buried. We have too many working hands to be doing menial tasks, and I still have the same meager quarters. Not to mettion I don't fell same in the middle of the fortress, which is very accessible for any dangers that may find us. Perhaps I can do than hope...

From Zast, your faithfull server.
Ô_ quack

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2016, 05:33:02 pm »

Neriractor did not respond so it's Onciblu's turn. We also have a free space on the waitlist, so Arcvasti if he wants can come back (the first one to die).

Sure, I'll come back. I must avenge the terrible blows dealt to my people~!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »

Onciblu, if you could check who isn't dwarfed from the players and dwarf them it would be great (Name Arcvasti's dwarf Arcvasti II so that we know he died once, unless Arcvasti want's something else.)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »

Sure, I'll come back. I must avenge the terrible blows dealt to my people~!
By your people are you referring to the newly minted cat jerky?

Also, Onciblu, I didn't rise up as a ghost, the broker decided to lead a rebellion as a novice swordsman.  'Cause why not.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:37 am »

The power that guides the dungeon operate oddly. When we were arriving for settle the business Salmeuk exclaimed "The firsts will be the firsts, the lasts will be the lasts" and sprinted to the brook, claiming the place and the command. Then Gwolfski, and the others. I found all of this silly and arrived last. Since then they call me Zast.

This had me laughing. .

Also, it should be a graph of cat population over time paired with a graph of dwarven deaths over time. If a correlation is found, we could point fingers and murder one another.

That would be some real investigative journalism, I tell you what.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2016, 04:54:25 am »

Also, it should be a graph of cat population over time paired with a graph of dwarven deaths over time. If a correlation is found, we could point fingers and murder one another.

That would be some real investigative journalism, I tell you what.

I could  figure something out... I will try to work on it tomorrow, but for that I will need to know the current date and how long did Carefulrogue rule.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »

Onciblu, if you could check who isn't dwarfed from the players and dwarf them it would be great (Name Arcvasti's dwarf Arcvasti II so that we know he died once, unless Arcvasti want's something else.)

Ok, redwarf the dead players and those on wait list? Can dooooooo!!!

Carefulrogue, it felt fitting. I didn't tought you were a ghosth. All tough I were going to consider it as a canon.

I see a brigde conecting the smelting area to the caves, does anyone know were is the lever of this one? Also, we didn't found any flux right?

I may post a update tonight

Edit: I took the map on 1 Obsidian, 253.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:51:39 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31