Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I capture or buy a safehouse in the Industrial Zone?  (Read 2621 times)

Zealord

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT:SUBURBS]
    • View Profile
How do I capture or buy a safehouse in the Industrial Zone?
« on: August 22, 2016, 04:49:08 am »

Hey everyone,

I'm playing the android version of LCS  4.04.0 and I keep reading you can invest in certain safehouses, namely in the industrial district. However, I cannot seem to buy nor capture any industrial building. Whenever I go forth and select one of the areas, it just brings me there in squad view. Do I need to kill everyone there or do anything special? It''s been bothering me for days! Any help would be appreciated  8) :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:54:42 am by Zealord »
This is great.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How do I capture or buy a safehouse in the Industrial Zone?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:52:11 pm »

I believe that you should start off with access to the abandoned buildings (factories and whatnot.) If not, it's probably a bug.

Barring that, if you do enough illegal stuff at the crack house, you can use it as a safehouse on par with the homeless shelter, save that I think you can upgrade it (not sure on that one.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:10:08 pm »

I believe that you should start off with access to the abandoned buildings (factories and whatnot.) If not, it's probably a bug.

Barring that, if you do enough illegal stuff at the crack house, you can use it as a safehouse on par with the homeless shelter, save that I think you can upgrade it (not sure on that one.)

Any, or just murdering the fuck out of the Conservative scum in the Crack house?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:29:57 pm »

Hey everyone,

I'm playing the android version of LCS  4.04.0 and I keep reading you can invest in certain safehouses, namely in the industrial district. However, I cannot seem to buy nor capture any industrial building. Whenever I go forth and select one of the areas, it just brings me there in squad view. Do I need to kill everyone there or do anything special? It''s been bothering me for days! Any help would be appreciated  8) :D

LCS Android is broken and doesn't get updated, so lots of things are broken or buggy. Its nice to have a mobile version of LCS and all, but it's really unfortunate that its so broken. You cannot get industrial buildings normally IIRC, and if you do somehow get one(like I did one time), you'll crash the instant you try to use them as safehouses usually. You know how the LCS Wiki is outdated? LCS Android is even more outdated than the wiki itself.

I think killing enough conservatives will get you the industrial safehouses(Thats what I remember doing last time I played Android LCS), but good luck doing violence in the Android version when your liberals keep getting instakilled in Army Armor just because someone shot them in the foot. If your liberals aren't getting instakilled in body armor, they're still going to die anyways in a single combat turn because unlike the PC version, conservatives in LCS Android can and will come in massive swarms bigger than your squad during an encounter. Usually(On PC) they only come in massive swarms during safehouse sieges, which is when you don't have an arbitrary squad size limit and actually have a fighting chance.

That's only on the PC versions of LCS, though.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:40:11 pm by Taberone »

Orlanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:52:07 pm »

For me, in the Android version I was able to take control of the Industrial safe houses and Crack House after liberally spraying them with graffiti extensively enough. I also sprayed over most of the GNG tags but not sure if that mattered.

I love that LCS is on Android but too bad it's so buggy; I really hope this will continue to get updated <3