Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Night Shift - The nocturnal forum game [ENDED]  (Read 10276 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Night Shift - The nocturnal forum game
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 02:27:29 am »

Powder Miner:
 You walk into the town on foot. The 10 mile hike didn't inspire you at all, except by  making you realize how much you hate mosquitos. Anyway, is been a long walk and you feel parched. Let's see what you can find to drink here.

My Name is Immaterial:
 You ride into town on your perfectly generic horse. You're feeling great, but the horse looks a bit exhausted from all that road-tripping (and bandit-escaping). You walk it to the stables, and when you leave, you see a thirsty-looking man walk into town. The sun is in his eyes, so he hasn't noticed you yet.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 02:28:27 am »

Ain't you ever watched M*A*S*H?!  ???
Nope.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 02:30:41 am »

I merely wave politely to the traveler, and saunter into the tavern to procure some hearty alcohol.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 02:34:52 am »

The man coughed into his hand -- Lord almighty, he felt drier than the Mojave. He could try and find something to write about later, but for now, he needed to find a tavern or something.
When the sun cleared out of his eyes, he saw a man wave at him... and then walk into a nearby tavern. Ah, well, he'd be going there too, it seemed.
And so he walked on in to the tavern.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 02:51:28 am »

Powder Miner & My Name is Immaterial:
The man coughed into his hand -- Lord almighty, he felt drier than the Mojave. He could try and find something to write about later, but for now, he needed to find a tavern or something.
When the sun cleared out of his eyes, he saw a man wave at him... and then walk into a nearby tavern. Ah, well, he'd be going there too, it seemed.
And so he walked on in to the tavern.
I merely wave politely to the traveler, and saunter into the tavern to procure some hearty alcohol.
When you both enter the bar, the first thing you notice is the atmosphere. Everyone here seems to be chatting, playing cards, or just generally having a good time, but simultaneously, everyone is incredibly alert. The moment you entered the tavern, they seemed to pause, then breathed a sigh of relief. They resumed what they were doing, and left you standing there, wondering whether it even happened, or if you just imagined it.
Money!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 02:58:20 am »

The writer looked around at the scene, and lightly tapped the large bag at his side -- that seemed like it would be a good scene to write, if he could properly convey the sudden tension in the air... he'd have to keep that in mind. But for now, he really did have just one objective.

He walked up to the counter and addressed the man behind it: "Normally I'd ask for tequila, but hell, I'm so thirsty: you got any water for me to buy?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 03:04:55 am »

The other man, still sore in all the wrong places from his hard ride, sits down at the bar, and waves to the bartender, trying to get there attention.
" Doesn't matter what you put in my glass, as long as it's never empty."

(I'm afraid I've got to go; I've got work in the morning. Sorry!)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 08:16:40 am »

Oops. It looks like I fell asleep, which tends to happen after midnight. That doesn't matter - at least we managed to get things started.
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »

Ooh, PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »

Are we on for tonight?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:34:34 am »

Yup. Who's going to be playing tonight?
Money!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 12:38:23 am »

Eh.........
Tonight's not a great night, sorry. I've got work early in the morning. Tomorrow night, probably.
Sorry again.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 12:57:24 am »

That's cool. I'll at least finish last night's actions, and stick around to see if anyone else shows up.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 01:17:30 am »

"Normally I'd ask for tequila, but hell, I'm so thirsty: you got any water for me to buy?"
[7]
 The bartender chuckles. "I'll see what I have back there." He goes into a back room, and emerges a few moments later with a glass bottle of liquid. "It's so low in alcohol, it might as well be water," he says as he pours you a glass. You take a long drink. The room goes quiet when the town clock chimes high noon.

" Doesn't matter what you put in my glass, as long as it's never empty."
The bartender had just finished serving the other one, when suddenly the town clock rung out the time. High noon. He doesn't respond your demands to a drink, so you just slide over a half-empty bottle from in front of the fellow next to you. Hell, it doesn't even taste half bad.
Money!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 01:20:25 am »

((PTW. Can't play tonight, but tomorrow should work, with some luck.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10