Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NO LIBRARY VISITORS  (Read 1522 times)

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NO LIBRARY VISITORS
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:41:47 pm »

So, I have built a giant library, detailed and smoothed the entire floor, put bookcases on the sides it has 295 bookshelves, OPEN TO VISITORS and has contains willed with scrolls and quires. NO VISITORS! I get Caravans (from elves humans and dwarfs) and goblins invading. Maybe its the over 100 dwarfs that have been killed....

OR MAYBE PEOPLE ARE PISSED THAT MY MAP ONLY HAS COPPER, SILVER, TIN AND ZINC LIKE I AM! (http://imgur.com/a/eMa9S).

what am i doing wrong?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NO LIBRARY VISITORS
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:03:10 am »

No scholars?
What's your world size/age/population?

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 12:05:45 am »

Medium, YEAR 10 Population unknown.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:48:07 am »

I generally have problems with missing visitors. It's probably a function of the health of other civs in the world, i.e. the civs would need to be sufficiently large to be able to send out visitors. I've got a total of 1 visitor in my dozens of pocket worlds despite active attempts to get visitors. My current second smallest sized world out to have been sufficient, but I got about 6 total before they stopped coming. I suspect that's because world activation is unbalanced, so civs fall apart and crumble, i.e. their sites remain unharmed, but no longer owned by any civ.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:35 am »

Year 10?
Yeah, no scholars due to tiny population is the most likely cause. Are there even any libraries in your world?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:23:39 am »

Im guessing that your fort also needs to be decently easy to reach as well. A desert, glacial or very evil biome might not encourage visitors much like it doesnt encourage merchants.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 09:37:45 am »

385 Invaders in a siege!  Three Hundred and Eighty Five!

I've never seen anything so big.  My last "siege" was a solitary goblin, and the previous sieges had like 50 goblins tops.

My CPU appears to be attempting to melt its way out of my computer.

Nevertheless, I'm sure my 6 weapon traps and 10 steel-clad dwarves will be enough.  Right?

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 10:36:32 am »

Im guessing that your fort also needs to be decently easy to reach as well. A desert, glacial or very evil biome might not encourage visitors much like it doesnt encourage merchants.

I'm not that far away from Mountain home, I'm on the corner of bedlands and forest.

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:44:38 am »

I've never seen anything so big.  My last "siege" was a solitary goblin, and the previous sieges had like 50 goblins tops.

Nevertheless, I'm sure my 6 weapon traps and 10 steel-clad dwarves will be enough.  Right?

My biggest siege was about....125 toblins with 35 trolls.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 06:01:49 am »

You should actually be alright provided the your soldiers are all legendary. I've had many sieges were hundreds of goblins were killed by a dozen odd legendary dwarfs clad in good quality steel armour, with barley a scratch on my dwarves.