Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corpse Diplomacy  (Read 703 times)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corpse Diplomacy
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:42:59 am »

A little bit macabre, and weird, but I just saw a neighbor's count consort get murdered by goblins on my lawn and had a thought.

I'm going to build a fake tomb for the guy, but apparently my fort won't let me assign him the coffin.

It seems against my playstyle to dump the corpse, could the next caravan pick it up and haul him back to his home fort for a proper burial?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Corpse Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »

A little bit macabre, and weird, but I just saw a neighbor's count consort get murdered by goblins on my lawn and had a thought.

I'm going to build a fake tomb for the guy, but apparently my fort won't let me assign him the coffin.

It seems against my playstyle to dump the corpse, could the next caravan pick it up and haul him back to his home fort for a proper burial?

put corpse in minecart. Sell minecart. Also works with water, magma and vampire blood.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:46:27 pm »

put corpse in minecart. Sell minecart. Also works with water, magma and vampire blood.
Fascinating, though labor-intensive and less-than-intuitive.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:51:53 am »

What happens if you try to sell a live sentient in a cage in a minecart? Does that work, or do they get released outside the cart?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?