Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Additional fisheries not working  (Read 720 times)

healhound

• Bay Watcher
  • serious enough
    • View Profile
Additional fisheries not working
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:51:09 am »

My fishery did not handle my elite squad of 9 fishers, so I've build 4 more. Strangely enough, only one of them is occupied at any given point - when some dabbling cleaner took the spot, the high master went partying. Can't think of any possible reason for this, nor provide any additional information on the matter.

Any help would be critically appreciated by all those fishies rotting on the fishery roof.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Additional fisheries not working
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 01:12:27 pm »

- queue up "process a raw fish" on repeat manually
- put a raw fish stockpile underneath where fishers stand to fish.

healhound

• Bay Watcher
  • serious enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »

The first suggestion worked, thank you! I don't really understand the logic behind this, though.
As for the second - I already have a raw fish stockpile nearby, if that's what you mean. Or is it?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »

- I think it only queues up one job if there's any amount of raw fish.

- No, I mean raw fish stockpile right beneath where fisherdwarves stand when fishing. No hauling necessary that way, they'll drop raw fish right on the (now quantum) stockpile and it is certain to not rot away that way. Though, if you're not running really busy or the raw fish stockpile nearby isn't full the fish shouldn't have rotted.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 05:24:55 pm »

Butcheries and tanners do this, too.  If you have 5 butcheries and a pile of 10 dead beak dogs, you have to manually queue up 4 of them to get to work, because only one (the last one you built) will automatically create the butcher animal job.

Yes, it's a pita.

healhound

• Bay Watcher
  • serious enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 12:17:46 am »

Ah. Yes, it does make sense - no need to queue every available fishery when there's one new raw fish, only to cancel all jobs except one later. Thank you for the explanation. Queuing R jobs on each building solved that issue.

The stockpile - well, I find it un-nice to put a random stockpile on the shore (yes, my dwarves live outside). There's a big fishing manufactory 2 tiles away from the river, and the raw fish storage is on the roof. It looks nice, is easy to manage and quite efficient.