Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Anethalina - The Toilette Project  (Read 18000 times)

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anethalina - a dwarven succession game
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 05:47:51 pm »

Just replying to confirm I'm taking my turn, hopefully I'll finish and post tomorow!  :)

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 02:11:52 pm »

Spring
... MysticPing the brewer.
I have been elected president of Anethalina. Taking a quick look at our stocks I am horrified. We have no drink but a lot of food. Celfist must've been boiling the bloody alcohol!

I also ordered the drawbridge to be built.

After looking at the fortress design my god, this is a mess. Stockpiles on a different floor from workshops, workshops randomly placed about a single room. Most of the bedrooms have no doors but the doors are done.

To start the brewing industy I also desided to construct some farms, apparantly previously we had completely relied on people walking out and picking fruits! Thankfully the first stripmined area was entirely made out of sand, and I order a square to be cut out for farming.

The military situation is even worse. I began constructing a barracks and military dorm to have an active defense. I am also working on equiping and reorganizing the small existing militia. A active military of 4 people was created.

The steel industry is also getting rushed to make them proper equipment.

Another incident happened due to grazing animals walking around the fortress. A stray reindeer bull (tame) starved to death on the kitchen table.

SHIT.

So we had 11 dwarves living here, including me. Now 21 people just showed up. A lot of them had useful skills but the most important thing was the bodies, the military now has a full squad and as soon as they finish getting some basic equipment (still working on the steel equipment)

Their first course of action is to attack and kill the elves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Senshuken (you who replied earlier) cut the elfs head off in one swing, the other ran away and for some reason I couldnt order to kill. He later died from wounds before leaving the map.

Now the interesting thing is they had a black bear, and I am going to train it to become a war animal. It was inevitable. While this raises my hope for the forts survival it made me realize that the drawbridge is still not made, and I really need to make some traps.

A while after completing the drawbridge we noticed screams coming nearby. Eventually we figured out a poor soul got stuck underneath it in the moat as the drawbridge was built.

We dug a tunnel to let him out.

I noticed with concern that most of the military are wrestlers. Consider hosting a tournament.

Some exciting visitor just before the end of spring

(Bonus: this is from StelarCF's incident with an alligator)

Ill end it here with the end of spring! This might take longer than expected to finish.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 02:54:51 pm »

You sure hurry with military. Do you expect ambushes?

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 03:02:16 pm »

To be completely honest its mostly out of paranoia and inexperience with the game. I think stelar got attacked by a crocodile and there is a giant sponge... I also did want to kill the elves.

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 01:59:46 pm »

It is likely I will be delaid a bit, ill still finish this week but maybe friday for the last part.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 02:49:36 pm »

Dear Dairy,

For the first time in years my eyes are clear, my shirt is clean and I don't have any trouble walking in a straight line. I'm sober and I'm freaking the HELL OUT! There is nothing to drink in this fortress expect for that strange clear, non alcoholic that the fishermen claim fish live in. I was almost tempted to drink it but thankfully some elves showed up; Their blood will sate me for a while but it's only drinkable while its fresh. Cold elvish blood is just gross and you can't really reheat it properly without it being revolting sludge. If this situation isn't changed soon... I dread to think about it. OH GODS I CAN FEEL DREAD AGAIN INSTEAD OF JUST BEING CONTENTLY NUMB!

Gonna... Gonna have to keep my weapon close at hand. If I'm riding high on elf blood and I'm starting to feel dread again who knows what's happening inside the heads of everyone else right now. It's okay Sen... just got to get through this one day at a time. I heard that President MysticPing is already taking decisive action about the lack of anything to drink... Might just go and see the miners and the future farmers and have a polite word with them through... make sure they take their job seriously... If they don't maybe they'll be enough alcohol still in their blood that we can brew something up..

I'm sure that the President will appreciate someone making sure that the workers are working hard.

Until next time,

Senshuken.

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 09:39:40 am »

Summer and Autumn (Must've missed the season change!)

Nothing much happened for a month or so, then the miners reported having found a deep expansive underground cavern! While nothing has been seen yet we decided to seal it off for the time being.

Here's a small bit of where we entered. No creatures apart from cave swallor and an olm, but a bit of cave spider web!

Now sealing it off was too complicated for the dwarves, they kept getting stuck or failing so in the end I gave up and let it be. This had the side effect of sapplings growing all over the fortress..

Migrants! Let's pray to armok that there are not too many this time..
7. Oh. Well, that's, uh. What I wanted?

A great farmer and a great carpenter, the rest of the new dwarves are kinda meh, I'll make sure to find them jobs.

The drink industry is doing great. Since I took over as brewer (and since Senshuken "inspired" the farmers) we now have 200 drinks and rising!

We have a visit from 5 or 6 troglodytes. This is interesting. I added 6 cage traps around the mine entrence, if I failed the walling off the mines.

Having a stroll outside the fortress for a rare brake from brewing and leading I realized that having a way to retract the bridge over the river would be a great defense from enemies in the west.

(Note, center lever = drawbridge, left lever = river bridge)

Oh. No. The beekeeper is acting really weird, muttering something or another (nothing I can understand). For days he's been standing on the dinner table. I fear he is insane.

Nothing much happened yet, the dwarven caravan just arrived. Planning to trade for some more drink and possibly food.  We traded misc goods for a silver mace and doubled our drink supply from 200 to 400.

Just after another 6 migrants came.

The poor beekeeper finally went insane.

While deconstructing the old bridge to make a raisable one our suturer drowned. Idiots! As they continued construcitn it it collapsed and 3 more fell down, but due to the collapsed bridge they managed to wake up and get out before being drowned.

Last update tomorow!

E: I know english, I swear. Fixed typoes
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:22:51 am by MysticPing »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

I suggest naming the levers with dfhack's Ctrl-shift-N so that future overseers will understand them :P

Two greats in a wave of 7? Not bad at all.

That beekeeper probably wanted a craftsdwarf workshop or something. Ah well, nothing of value lost.

Btw, if you have strange moods it means a FB can fly in through the caverns.

Also, that bridge was probably unsupported due actions taken between start and finish of construction :v

MysticPing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 08:07:26 am »

Winter:
I think something is wrong, Geshud, Clothier withdrew from society. He wont tell us what he wants or how. I fear we may lose another to madness.

The other Geshud, the cook. Is constantly making masterpiece food. I wouldn't be suprised if the mountainhalls summon him after hearing tales of his food.

We found the beekeepr dead of dehydration just outside the food and drink barrels. The insanity took its toll.

The clothier became ravingly mad. He eventually died from deyhydration

Turns out we didnt manage to burry the guy who drowned int he river, hello ghost! We made a memorial and put him to rest.

Ineth, the killer of 2 alligators drowned cutting down trees.

Note to next president: Troll in caverns, wood burners need new orders (ran out of logs) and make a memorial to Ineth.

And that's it! Nothing much happened for the last part.

I decided to retire myself from leadership and in stead focus fully on brewing.

Next player, join discord server linked in OP and I will transfer save.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 12:38:21 pm »

Dear Dairy,

My decision to have a word with the farmers has paid off! The storerooms are filled with barrels of proper dwarven booze and I'm comfortably numb again! Just in time to; Two dwarves went insane from being sober and several drowned because of stupid construction mistakes that were no doubt caused by the lack of alcohol in the blood of the dwarves overseeing the bridge deconstruction. Even worse, if we didn't have booze I might have cared they were gone!

Elections came up and President MysticPing stepped down. Bit of a shame that; Would have voted for him again. He proved to be the exact dwarf that we needed after the sober nightmare that was the reign of President Nokimablel. Hopefully whomever gets the job next will do the same.

Anyway if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go and treat MysticPing to a drink of his own brewing. After all the bull he had to deal with its the least I can do.

Senshuken. 
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 01:00:07 pm »

Just the alert. I'm going to start my turn now, but do I have to use discord? We can use DFFD.

Edit: Oh Jesus Phoebus. I now have to convert to ASCII.

Edit2: Well I converted to Obsidian. Apparently, it was in Obsidian. <sarcasm>Thanks a lot guys</sarcasm>.

Journal of Captain Archmage the First, Supreme Leader El Presidente of the Contingent Orb, 1st Granite, Year 7
Psychological State: Very Pissed Off

So today some absolute fuckhead woke me up in the middle of the night and told me that I'm now supposed to run this place for another year. 7AM is like the middle of the night so yes I'm fucking pissed off. We have a nice little fortress, with fantastic beds thrown into clay holes, tiny corridors, and fungus everywhere. You know what?

THIS PLACE IS A FUCKING DUMP.
At least nobody has set it on fire. Yet. Not that it isn't that hard to try that.

LATER THAT DAY

We have 48 citizens.
We have no libraries, temples, or inns.
We haven't got a sheriff.
We have no chief medical dwarf.
We have two swordsdwarfs and eight axedwarfs.
We have no plumbing.
We have no access to magma.

(also scrawled in)

Half the fortress is like, unidentified projects started with no apparent goal, man.
The caverns are open and someone fucked up the staircase down there really bad. This kind of fucking up requires trying and effort.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:04:18 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 04:19:38 pm »

Note to next president: Build a moodshop complex.

Here's images of the ones I built at Deathgame:

z137, 12/13 categories of raw materials. Forbidden materials, sealable hatches.

z136 Workshops, restricted with burrow to only take from above, for a dwarf to be added into burrow upon mood. Viewing window, because dwarves can only really see unforbidden things inside buildings or that they're putting on.

z135 Flooding mechanism - deconstruct-toggling a bridge releases precisely enough water to completely submerge a single workshop. Bridges should be later reset and fluid filled again. Not necessary, as you could just lock the hatch and wait for dwarf to starve.

Also, all hail booze! And cooking! And boozecooking! Wait, no!

World's only 5 year olds, and the most interesting thing to happen in past five years is a nice meal? Hahaha.

48 dwarves suggests a population cap limit.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:25:06 pm by Fleeting Frames »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »

Unfortunately, the tileset is painful. Can I just switch to ASCII?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »

No rule barring that; nor any mods I that I recall.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 10:02:09 pm »

No rule barring that; nor any mods I that I recall.

Switched out the graphics. If people want to change raws, I will include a copy of the obsidian ones included with the upload when I am finished. No worries.

MAJOR FORTRESS ANNOUNCEMENT ISSUED BY EL PRESIDENTE CAPTAINARCHMAGE, 1st Granite Year 7

Emergency Order I

Alright fortress. You see this list? There have been some changes. First of all, I am in the "expedition leader" of that slot. But I'm going to be El Presidente, so make sure that gets down correct. Okay? Now for the real thing we need to sort out. WE DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CHIEF MEDICAL DWARF. IF SOMEONE GETS HURT NOBODY'S GOING TO HAVE ANY TRACK OF THE FUCKING MEDICAL RECORDS. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE WRONG DWARF GIVEN A LEG TRANSPLANT. So, I'm making Sigun Anguishedwheels the chief medical dwarf. There are more qualified individuals, but we need a doctor who is not in the military or doing brokering.

Emergency Order II

So, Onionbread (WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT FOR A FORTRESS), we don't have a tavern, inn, whatever. In fact, this is what counts for housing right now. It's literally just a 2x2 hole with a bed thrown in that counts as a "bedroom" since it has a fucking door on the front.

I haven't a fucking clue what the fuck this was meant to be, apparently a few individuals may have been sober while drawing the designs, but I'm adding on my own. That's the start to having a great hall or proper tavern.

Note to Woodcutters

REALLY. MOST WOOD IS IN THE RIVER AND THERE'S TWO DEAD DWARVES IN THE RIVER. GOD DAMNIT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

Bad Stairs

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BE CAREFUL ON THESE STAIRS. I don't know who dug them but this is why we need doctors right now.

More on this tomorrow when I have finally made sense of it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:40:36 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8