Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Anethalina - The Toilette Project  (Read 18004 times)

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anethalina - The Toilette Project
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:14:26 pm »

Anethalina
The Oracular Land

Welcome to Anethalina, a dwarven succession game! The long-term goal is to move a world as long as possible, starting in the year 5.

The rules are as follows

* Turns take one year, to the start of the next spring
* At the start of your turn, you must choose a dwarf to set as expedition leader/mayor and to rename. This will be your "avatar" dwarf
* You are the dwarf. If he dies, then your turn ends, and the next player takes over starting at the point of (noticing) your death, his turn extending until the end of the next year (such that everyone will play at least a year, and at most two, even in the case of many deaths). If there are many casualties during a battle, it's ok to continue playing until the dust has settled (but not for too long)
* Upon the end of your turn, you are allowed to ask the next ruler for an administrative position, such as broker or manager.
* You aren't allowed to intentionally kill the fortress unless your avatar actually goes insane
* After the fortress dies, or after 30 years (or more or less, depending on how things go), the fortress is retired and we start a new one.
* You must write an AAR for your term. Screenshots are not obligatory.
* Version 43.05

Lore:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world:

The current embark:

Do note that "Partially completed" means the save was recovered - if it wasn't and no save replacement was made, it will be marked as skipped.
The turn list:
(Playing - Completed - Partially Completed - Skipped)
1. StelarCF 1 2 3
2. MysticPing 1 Sen's diary 2 3 Sen's diary #2
3. CaptainArchmage 1 2 3 4 5 6
4. puterking 1 C S 2 S2 Sen C2 3 C3 S3 4 S4 C4 5 S5 6
4.5 CaptainArchmage
5. StelarCF
6. WhirlwindMonk
7. NormalAxis

Players must take over the save within 3 days, and finish their term in at most two weeks. I'm willing to give extensions for good reasons. If you haven't been skipped and you're too busy to play, you can ask to be moved down the list.

Reservation for people who couldn't do their turns at the time:

We have a discord! https://discord.gg/ewV6ZWg
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:22:20 am by StelarCF »

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
Re: Anethalina - a dwarven succession game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:15 pm »

damn mate noice map did u make it urself but it looks like it is generated randomly. If so , where can I make a map like that?

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:10:44 pm »

damn mate noice map did u make it urself but it looks like it is generated randomly. If so , where can I make a map like that?

It's randomly generated medium world with large number of sites. I'm actually surprised it's such a nice map on the first try, and I'm quite happy about the world name too.

Obviously it's destiny :)

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:37:05 pm »

Expedition Journal of President Cefist "Kib" Nokimablel

14 Granite

This is the 5th year of our wandering in the world, and it is nigh time that we have found a place to settle... a river cuts through, and early prospecting suggests the area is rich in metal. We shall call this place... Anonim, Onionbread.

With me are 6 other dwarves.

15 Granite
My first decision is to build our entrance on the left side of the stream. The hill there is quite steep, and will allow us a decent amount of space to make a safe entrance.

While the miners are busy digging the entrance, I've told the others to cut trees, pick plants and such, to not waste time.

17 Granite
It has come to my attention that some alligators hve been seen roaming around. Thankfully, they are a fair way away, but that doesn't keep people from being nervous.

19 Granite
The alligators have been getting a bit uncomfortably close. Ineth told me he'd "watch them and be ready if they attack", but it really looks like what he meant was "I'm going to take this axe and smash this gator's face in.It looks like OH GOD ANOTHER ONE IS ATTACKING HIM EVERYONE LET'S HELP INETH.

Wait, it looks like Ineth managed to kill both of the alligators, but it looks like her head is badly injured, and by badly I mean there looks like there's a gaping wound. GOD DAMMIT INETH, PUT THAT AXE AWAY, I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU FIGHT ANYMORE LIKE THAT.

Anyways, it looks like everything is alright for now, though I don't have a good feeling about Ineth's wounds.

1 Slate
Ineth's wound seems to have healed. That's good news. There still seems to be a dent in his head, but it's not that big and I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.
In the meantime I've decided that it would be a good idea to build a small bridge over the stream.

Another alligator is coming a bit dangerously close to us, but I'm not sur I want to pick more fights.

5 Slate
I'm not taking any more chances. That thing dies. Me, Asen and Osodolin aren't really busy doing anything right now, and I think we should be able to take it down together... I hope.

DRAT! I hit it twice with my axe, but that hardly helps when the darn thing runs across the river. It's all bloody now, ew.. I'm calling off this chase, I don't think the gator will bother us anymore.

12 Slate
The underground room for storing our food and such has been completed, and we've started hauling things over. This excludes the miners, who are still working hard on the next level of the fortress.

17 Slate
The workshop room's been finished, and I've ordered work to start on a second stockpile, this time for wood and stone.

In other news, apparently we've struck tetrahedrite! that's great news. We've also found some gems, particularly milk quartz and tiger iron, but I'm most excited about the tetrahedrite. Just think of the possibilities!

27 Slate
We've finished digging out the second stockpile, and starting digging further down in our main staircase. Incredibly, we've found another ore - hematite. This bodes well for our fortress' prosperity.

7 Felsite
It's taking a long time to haul everything into our new stockpile, but we're starting to get close. The miners have dug out a small place for an meeting and eating hall, into which all our hens and gobblers promptly moved. It would be nice if we had some tables and chairs to put in it, but Ineth is busy helping us carry everything into the stockpile and making some nesting boxes for the turkeys. I've also told them to dig out some of the hematite and tetrahedrite ore.

EWW! SNAILS! AAAAAAAAAAAAH! I HATE THEM SO MUCH! GAH! GET THEM OFF ME

27 Felsite
We've finished hauling food and such and have finally started getting our wood inside. Our miners have dug a small moat in our entrance tunnel in anticipation of a drawbridge, but honestly it's getting tiresome to go up and down the temporary ramps they've carved. I hope I'll get used to it.

6 Hematite
Since the miner's jobs have mostly been done, I've told Ineth to stop carrying logs around and get to carpentry. We really need some furniture around here...

9 Hematite
Snails, worms and now beetles? These cats are useless.

In other news, our hens now have their nests built, so with that our food problem should hopefully be solved.

16 Hematite
Since the hauling is starting to get to a close, I've decided it's time to start managing. For that purpose I've managed (heh) to convince the others to build me an office as well. This also means I'll have less time to help with hauling, but I'm sure the others can handle it.

As my first action as manager, I'll order 15 doors and 15 beds to outfit our quarters and to keep in stockpile for immigrants start coming in.

Phew, it's getting late so I'll continue tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:58:52 am by StelarCF »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »

PTW.  I don't believe I'll be taking a turn here, but perhaps.  What version are you using BTW? 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 12:20:48 am »

PTW.  I don't believe I'll be taking a turn here, but perhaps.  What version are you using BTW?
I'm using 0.43.05 ;p

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 02:45:22 am »

18 Hematite
Today, Vabok decided to go sleep in our refuse stockpile. I think that's a sign we should be working harder on getting those rooms ready.

6 Malachite
Our first migrant wave has arrived. One animal trainer, a metalsmith and a blacksmith. I am personally not quite amused by the competition.

15 Malachite
We've dug out a space for forges, and we've made a metalsmith's forge. I've declared it's mine! ALL MINE!!! AHAHAHHAHA.
Of course, once we've smelted some iron I'll make another anvil, but for now I am quite content being the only smith, immigrants be damned.

27 Galena
I've finally gotten around to making that anvil. We've also started making charcoal and smelting hematite into iron.

1 Limestone
TRADE DEPOT! AH! If it wasn't for Osodolin prodding me asking when we'd make that depot, I would've forgotten building one completely. I've ordered it built before the first bend of our tunnels.

In other news, we finally have a table in the dining room, so we won't have to eat on the floor anymore.

11 Limestone
Dwarven merchants have arrived, but we've been so busy moving things around that we didn't manage to make that trade depot... Oh well, I don't think we REALLY need much right now.
The liaison is asking me what we request of them next year, and I've told them some wine, ale, beer and rum. That should have them bringing more, but it's going to cost more too.

In exchange they've requestd various things like.. drinks? Are you for real? In any case, otherwise they want footwear, horn crowns (can't deliver), goblets, anvils and such. Perhaps we might be able to deliver on the anvils promis, perhaps goblets and bracelets as well, but I'm not so sure about the other things.

7 Sandstone
We've ran out of food other than eggs. In other news, our dining room has some nice table colors - fancy

Also, the merchants seem to have given up on waiting for us to build our depot and left. Oh well...

14 Sandstone
I've ordered another office furnished. This one is going to be for the bookkeeper, and our first book keeper is going to be Likot, the blacksmith. He thinks I judged him to be somehow good at anything, but really it's because he seems kind of... useless. He's not a great blacksmith, both me and Nish are better than him at everything and do more things than him.

20 Sandstone
It seems I must've overestimated our food. For some reason, no one wants to eat turkey eggs. I've told the bookkeeper to go cook some in our new kitchen, maybe people will like that more and stop trying to eat vermin for food..
It also seems that we have more migrants. A whole lot of them. A woodcutter, a metalcrafter (Darnit, more competition), a potter (no use for that right now), a fisherdwarf (might be useful, there are fish in our stream), a butcher, a diagnoser and a peasant with no qualities. The diagnoser is going to come in useful if we have any more injuries, since he also seems to be skilled in dressing wounds. He also has skills in animal caretaking and bowyering. Quite a useful individual.
The peasant's getting drafted into the permanent army, though, as is the potter.
Oh, it also looks like a cook has arrived. I'm going to tell Likot to stop making food, since this guy seems to make much better meals than him.

9 Timber
We've smelted enough ore and have enough charcoal that I think we might be able to start up a steel industry. I've given the order.

25 Timber
The fisherman is fishing in what looks like a shallow, empty pond. I question his reasoning, but I'm not the fisherman in this equation.
Also, the lack of mugs is getting annoying. I've told Asen to go make some.

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:15 am »

1 Moonstone
Making charcoal is getting annoying, not to mention it is extremely wasteful and slow. There is a Chert layer of stone underneath us - if I remember my geology well, we might be able to find coal in it. I've told the miners to start doing some exploratory mining.

4 Moonstone
Mhm, Geshud's meals are delicious. Ineth in particular has taken a liking to tasting everything Geshud cooks, and he's started shouting out when Geshud makes something so good he can call it a "masterpiece".
In other news, people have been complaining about the lack of chairs in the dining room, so I've ordered some to be placed.

12 Obsidian
We haven't found anything in the layer we've been looking through, so we've started doing exploratory mining on another level. The good news is that we've uncovered a lot of hematite and tetrahedrite.

28 Obsidian
It is time for elections. We've all cast our votes today, deciding on who will be the next president. It's unlikely my term will be extended, considering less than half of the fortress consists of the founding dwarves now. Tomorrow I will give my leaving speech, and the next president and expedition leader will assume his role.

1 Granite, 6
... and lastly, if I am not elected I ask for my post as manager to be extended in the following years, as long as it is deemed fit. And now, it is time to count the votes...

*counting ensues*

And the next president is-

Suspense
That's my turn finished :) MysticPing will have 3 days to take over the save and two weeks to play it.

By the way, I'll remind you to join discord if you're interested, and especially if you want to take a turn.

Edit: Save
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:16:10 pm by StelarCF »

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 10:26:30 am »

It's randomly generated medium world with large number of sites. I'm actually surprised it's such a nice map on the first try, and I'm quite happy about the world name too.

Obviously it's destiny :)
naw mate the picture above the dwarf fortress map.  theres 2 maps.  The top one.

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 11:18:09 am »

naw mate the picture above the dwarf fortress map.  theres 2 maps.  The top one.
Went into legends mode, selected "export detailed map".

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 12:18:47 pm »

ah nice.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 10:52:17 am »

Sign me up for a turn?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

StelarCF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 11:41:46 am »

Sign me up for a turn?
Sure! Don't forget to join the Discord chat ;p

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:13 pm »

Can't really ask for a turn... but I wouldn't mind being dwofed into the military. Male and relatively young are my only real requirements.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8