Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we take mate off of the "List of Important People"?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)  (Read 53018 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »

Gloomdiamonds: The Doom Saga - Book II

A shadowy figure stood atop a rocky outcropping, surveying their surroundings under an absent moon. A hot wind pierced their billowing robes, but notice they did not. A lifeless desert stretched before them. A barely trickling stream ran its way past the base of the rock and continued for as far as the eye could see on this flat expanse.
    Another figure, this one robed as well but carrying a Hammer, approached the Black robed figure.
        "A fine night isn't it Imic?" The Black robed figure said.
        "Are we really going to do this Airith? After all that has happened, you still want to go through with it?" Imic replied.
        "There was nothing in
    That Place Imic. Remember why we created a mine there, and we aren't the only ones, remember?" Airith questioned.
    As if summoned by the question, two more figures appeared and walked over to join the duo.
        "Really Airith? THIS is our new home?" Asked one of the new-comers incredulously.
        "Yes Flame. This is the place, I've scoured the Multi-verse, this is the place with the richest source of
    it I could find." Airith defended.
        "Well, I still say we should've stayed in that world instead of coming to a new one to start over." Said the second new-comer.
        "And deal with the forces of Hell?" Imic retorted."If you want to go back Drazoth, then be my guest."
    Drazoth's silence was his answer. The group remained standing there atop the rock.
        "Well, just stay out of my way, last time you guys didn't even give me a chance." Imic declared.
        "Ha, I'll give you no sympathy, nor will I to any of you. I am here for my prize, as are you all." Drazoth proclaimed.
        "Then its settled then. I've already arranged a grant from the local King and a group of seven is on their way. When they arrive... well
    Game On

This is the continuing story of the Doom Saga, first introduced in Doomforest. Known for its excessive Roleplaying, Doomforest created a thick plot that will continue well into this new chapter of Dwarven History. Don't be afraid to add your story to this saga, nothing, NOTHING will make it worse. Due to setbacks and problems that plagued the first fort, I will play but the beginning year, afterwards, I will take on a more narrative role. I WILL enforce the real-life time deadline. You may also Roleplay without playing a year of the fort if you don't feel comfortable exposing your mind to its (guaranteed) madness. Welcome to Gloomdiamonds.

Da Rules
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Da World

List of Players

Important Persons in the Saga

Airith
    Drazoth
    Imic
    Flame
    Mate
    PhychoAngel
    Taupe
    Snustrok

The Archives

Hall of Quotes

[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:29:31 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
    The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
    • Master Story Weaver
      • View Profile
    Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Doom Saga - Book II
    « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:57:42 pm »

Census:

Beginning Group:
    -Airith (Alive)
    -Athel (Alive)
    -Dastot (Alive)
    -Etur (Alive)
    -Kulet (Alive)
    -Onul (Alive)
    -Tirist (Alive)

Others:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:20:22 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:06:28 pm »

Turn please.

Also, can I suggest moving the cults list over from Doomforests?
    Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • My silliness is our saving grace.
      • View Profile
      • Steam Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:35:32 pm »

LET'S DO THIS.

Psycho returns. Silliness ensues.

Edit: Am I not important to you? Me making soap was the saving grace of Doomforests.  ;D
    Also, Taupe was the micromanager who led us to safety when the Supergoat came to town (he also played the character of the Prime Minister).
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:39:55 pm by PsychoAngel »
    Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
    Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
    My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

AllergicToMyself

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 05:53:16 pm »

I don't know if I'm ready to take turns and screw things up for everyone else, but I would like to be dwarfed in this one. My request in the-fort-that-shall-not-be-named got lost. :D

Do we have clay? I'd like to be a potter. The shady one that makes counterfeit forgotten beast trinkets and termite skulls.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
    • Conspiracy intensifies
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 05:55:12 pm »

I'll take a turn, because of course I will.  Also, Gwolfski, If you can send me the Save from DoomForests, I would like to use that world for Adventure mode shenanegans.  I shall now go to write my bio.
    Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:01:09 pm »

I'll take a turn, because of course I will.  Also, Gwolfski, If you can send me the Save from DoomForests, I would like to use that world for Adventure mode shenanegans.  I shall now go to write my bio.

Oh, someone actually wants that. Well, I'm sorta moving rooms, so I'll try and find the memory stick i had it on.
    Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
    • Conspiracy intensifies
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »

Oh, someone actually wants that. Well, I'm sorta moving rooms, so I'll try and find the memory stick i had it on.

I figured that releasing Hell wouldn't kill the whole world instantly story wise, so I figured I'd get some use out of the spare Drazoth siblings for some fun, likely aiming to cleanse SanctumCoals and that place with the lizard-vampire illuminati.  Prehaps I'll even post it in a thread somewhere.
    Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »

I'd like a dwarf please, Name:Scourge preferably a miner or someone assigned to mining, also preferably male but the gender doesn't really matter

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
    • Master Story Weaver
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 08:14:03 pm »

Edit: Am I not important to you? Me making soap was the saving grace of Doomforests.  ;D
    Also, Taupe was the micromanager who led us to safety when the Supergoat came to town (he also played the character of the Prime Minister).

Ooops, I forgot them, eternal shame upon me. I shall rectify that problem. I just need to get their Bios.

As for you all who want a turn, please read "Da Rules" number 6, you NEED to read it. This rule is to ensure that no one signs up for a turn dozens of years away and then everyone who is on the list can't play because of real life. Actually, please read and take to heart ALL of the rules for this fort.

LET'S DO THIS.

Psycho returns. Silliness ensues.

You want a turn?
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:39:00 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
    • Still sad
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 01:04:50 am »

Imic.
    A creature from the distant planet Quellath, to the north - west, in the continent of Undarak. most humanoid species are usually descended from the Undarak, who have been hopping arround the multiverse for gadzillions of years. He is the younger brother of Gordak Greymane, lord of a small castle to the north of Undarak.
    He likes to use hammers, for unknown reasons.
    He somewhat... Dislikes the order of the black arrow.
    he is also veeeeeeeeery passive aggressive, sometimes skipping the passive entirely.
    his motives are mostly unknown.

I wanna turn. I didn't get a turn last time, gonna be this time.
    but not second turn.
    beacuse.
    Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
    Quote from: smyttysmyth
    Well aren't you cheery
    Quote cabinet
    Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
    • Master Story Weaver
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 10:05:08 am »

Journal of Airith - Head Carpenter of Gloomdiamond - 25th Obsidian 1049

This is Pig-Tail sheet journal. The cover is made of Rhino leather. On the cover is a picture of a dwarf. On the cover is a picture of a desert. The Dwarf is staring out upon the desert. The Artwork relates to the founding of Gloomdiamond in the early Spring of 1050.

Well I was drafted today. Got yanked from me cozy room and was handed a bag of supplies and was told to report to the main entrance of the Mountain-home. I asked why, and they said I was "chosen" as one of the few "talented" individuals who would be starting our new fortress on the North continent. I was handed one of them "maps" that showed the entire world (I don't believe for one minute that the world is flat, I is very scientific).

I arrived at the designated spot to find a wagon with two horses filled with stuff and a few animals:

I also met me new colleagues. Only one other female will be joining this journey, the rest are men-folk. I inquired as to what our Group will be called and they said:

I stared at them in confusion and one of them said to me "The Watchers told me to come up with that!" He said with pride.
    "Ignore ol Flame their, he done lost his marbles long ago" said a dwarf I was told was named Drazoth.

I put my few things in the back of the wagon, and after only a few minutes, we were cleared for exit and the great gates of the Maintain-home opened and we were blinded by the searing light of the Sun. We set upon our way after a few moments of dizziness and nauseousness. As we left I inquired on who our leader was, and Athel said she was.

1st Granite - 1050

Happy New Year! We are still two weeks out from our destination. Right now we are on board one of those human "ships". A death machine more like it. The way it rolls and tosses in this sea is assuring me that we shall perish.

On a more social note. On our trip I have gotten to know all of my companions well.

Athel:

Dastot:

Etur:

Kulet:

Onul:

Tirist:

And meself:

I just hope we make it in one piece. I've thrown up alot for someone who hasn't eaten anything for a week.

15th Granite 1050

Thank the heavens above. After weeks of traveling and seeing the north continent, we've finally arrived at the chosen spot. I take one look and promptly exclaim

WHAT THE HELL?

A forested desert? Huh, cool. At least my job isn't at risk anymore. I've got to go and chop some trees Athel said to chop, she IS the boss, and as far as we are concerned, the highest ranking official upon the North Continent.

I'll write more next month when we have settled down some more.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
    • Conspiracy intensifies
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 10:17:29 am »

Very nice.  This shall be an interesting location.  I'll take the peasant as mine.  Rename him "Zothdra" and have him become a metal worker once you are able to, if you would be so kind.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
    • Master Story Weaver
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

Very nice.  This shall be an interesting location.  I'll take the peasant as mine.  Rename him "Zothdra" and have him become a metal worker once you are able to, if you would be so kind.

Sorry, he's our military dwarf... you can still have him though?

Also, can I suggest moving the cults list over from Doomforests?

No. I will not move the Cults over from Doomforest. Even though this is a sequel, I want it to have its own story, not force that of its predecessor on it. I ask that all of you begin to move the plot on. I'm going to intentionally provide a lot of fuel for conspiracies in my turn. The intro itself has several things on which a plot could be started. In all honesty I'm surprised that not a single RP element has been posted yet.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:07:45 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
    • Conspiracy intensifies
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »

OOC:  I keep him.  I can easily change my plans accordingly.

Zothdra was sleeping in his cot at the barracks after a long day of training.  He liked the military life, it was simple and he enjoyed bashing things with metal objects.  That night however, his normal dreams of killing goblins and getting drunk were interrupted by a voice.

"Oi, you there man?"
    "Yeah, who's asking?"
    "My name is unimportant.  All that you must know is that I have goals in this world, and if you assist me, you will know true glory."
    "I'm listening.  What do I have to do?"
    "Soon there will be a group headed to the north continent to found a new fortress.  You shall join them, and become the leader of their military.  I shall give you further instruction when the time comes."
    "Very well. I shall do as you say.  This sounds like it could be fun."  But the voice was already gone. 

Elsewhere, Drazoth smiled to himself.  Things had begun to be put in motion.  Looking away from that world for a moment, he saw that Ryukan had destroyed the world of DoomForests.  Annoying, but not a problem.  After all, he foresaw this possibility and had made a spare copy of the world shortly after D3 had escaped.  He might have failed his objective there, but he knew that world would still be good for some fun.

OCC: Any luck finding the save Gwolfski?
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43