Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we take mate off of the "List of Important People"?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)  (Read 52738 times)

Wight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: A Familiar Darkness Falls on Us
« Reply #465 on: December 30, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »

Awesome. Though I must say I am not entirely sure how I will copy that out my Ubuntu ( It is an offline machine(for "security" reasons)) I guess this will work kind of like a .bat file though. Also. The next time autocorrect changes hell to shell...
It turned out I made an little astville myself. Also for some reason everyone iis starving. Did someone disable farming or something? I did not really notice until it affected someone important so expect this next post to be mostly bbout me trying to fix the whole starvation issue... At least they have a contaminated well I just drained to drink out of... And I was trying so hard to just clean up quietly...
This Signature Is Left Blank till I see something Awesome to put here

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2017, 07:15:55 am »

Ah, well damn.

If it's an offline machine, you can't exactly automatically upload images now, can you?

In that case, I suppose you can just use hotkeyed scrot -s (no need to brother with separate file if it is just 1 line), or if you want named images can pretty much ditch everything at and after # Upload (not sure if the missing else statement will make it give an error with the earlier if, but the else is really there just for logging/testing purposes, so error at that stage is probably not something you care about).

Then load the images onto USB and upload at once.
Heck, might be more comfortable to do the update as imgur album then, with inserting comments there instead of inserting images into bay12 post.

(Can use a mobile phone to write up the script to that part without comments.)

Though I'm not sure if you have sufficient permissions on said offline machine to mark the script as executable or to add a hotkey.

PS: Hey, at least vampires can't starve :) (though not sure their hunger would be reset upon turning)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:17:28 am by Fleeting Frames »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2017, 08:57:57 am »

hmmm, upload a save file instead of a proof f life pic.

You can PM me the link, but don't put it on the thread.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2017, 09:09:24 am »

Uh. Why not?

Bit early for save tho, they started playing on...December 21, I think? That should be 3 jan limit on their turn at the earliest, with perhaps up to 7 jan due the holidays
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:12:04 am by Fleeting Frames »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2017, 09:55:07 am »

Good Point on the holiday thing, I'll allow the January 7 deadline.

I was saying PM me the save instead of a Proof of Life pic. So I could check to see what the in-game date was.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2017, 10:33:11 am »

1056-04-01, if you go by the date indicator on the Pyrite drinking screenshot. Albeit I've had dfhack date indicator be big buggy and unchanging in 43.05, so I wouldn't trust it to be farther along.

Though they're probably even farther ahead, as that's just how far they've written.

Wight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 03, 2017, 04:21:10 pm »

Yeah. so I do not think I will finish this turn. Will try to have the turn posted and a link.. Was going to put it on  now but it did not copy properly to the tablet... So sorry I suppose. It runs so slowly and with the holidays I have so much work to do. But it was fun. There are three morons sealed in the caverns and there seems to be a food issue. (Also the last turn is current) Good luck and uh... Sorry about the mess I tried so hard to clean it...
This Signature Is Left Blank till I see something Awesome to put here

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 03, 2017, 08:07:48 pm »

CAN you upload the save?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 05, 2017, 12:15:04 am »

K, Wright just gave me the save, so here you go.

Save

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56:49 am »

Seeing as Gwolfski has not answered my message....

Dark One

You are up.....

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Reign of Darkness
« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2017, 05:29:44 pm »

The time to bring you more !!FUN!! has come. I'll grab the save tomorrow, as it's bit late here now. I'll try to post seasonal write-ups. If nothing significant happens they'll contain more roleplaying.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #476 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:53 pm »

Seeing as Gwolfski has not answered my message....

Dark One

You are up.....

Oh sorry, missed that. I'm busy in Murderflood, good luck, Dark One!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Reign of Darkness
« Reply #477 on: January 09, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »

BTW 2 slots are available

Also, Dark One, wish to provide a bio for the front page?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:00:31 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Reign of Darkness (Turn Slots Available)
« Reply #478 on: January 10, 2017, 01:37:08 am »

I can't play right now for medical reasons.
No, wait...
If dark one takes a full week to do his turn...
Never mind, it's only 'till the end of the week that I can't play.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Reign of Darkness (Turn Slots Available)
« Reply #479 on: January 10, 2017, 03:18:29 pm »

21st Hematite 1056

As the sun lowered on the horizon, a lone cloaked dwarf wandered to Gloomdiamonds. Latest news of The Siege of Troopers that occured there just last year didn't scare him, he moved on calmly and confidently towards entrance of the fortress. As he reached the gates, two guards stopped him. Welcome in Gloomdiamonds. May you identify yourself and tell us what's the goal of your visit? - one of the guards greeted him and asked. The dwarf revealed his face from under a hood. He had a plain, somewhat nondescript face with only a long, old scar on left cheek making him clearly distinguishable in the crowd. I'm Rimtar Smiththunders of Twinklediamonds fortress. I wanted to see this place as soon as I heard about another diamonds fortress... I also heard a lot of good about your tavern. I'm just doomed for rest after the journey, so I'll head right there. And don't worry, I'll find my way around. - Rimtar said with a soft, low voice and descended down the main staircase, quickly disappearing from guarded area. Something strange about this one, just can't tell what... - said the first guard. Twinklediamonds? Quite familiar name... - added his companion.

OOC

Finally managed to load it and write anything. Didn't expected to suddenly get so busy after getting my turn - a few minor exams and loads other stuff that needed my attention. And it's not over, I have a technician qualification exam this Thursday and a prom at Saturday, so I surely won't finish my turn this week. I'll get it all done till the end of next week.

I'm leaving you with state of the fortress before doing anything yet, expect a first write up soon.

Spoiler: Proof of Life (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43