Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen: Manually Reject or Accept Iteration.  (Read 501 times)

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen: Manually Reject or Accept Iteration.
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:48:33 am »

Hi there, mates.

It happens to me that sometimes you find a very good spot for your fortress after Worldgen but it lacks something, like numerous neighbours, for example, and then you want to use the geological seed for that world while randomizing the history seed. In my experience I have this set of parameters that places a volcano in a tropical moist forest area which has some ideal conditions: a very tall hill with the volcano at its feet, soil at the top of the hill, many z-levels of rock (mainly obsidian) all the way down the hill, then the volcano with fire clay and and an aquifer below that, just beside the volcano. Lots of fauna, flora, resources, metal ores, flux... It's a very good site, but it had no neighbours. Now, it happens that this site is created on the third iteration of world gen, after two worlds have been rejected, but there is no consistency during world generation and I can't make it always accept the third world and start creating history.

Now, if we had the means to, say, manually decide if we want to reject or accept one specific world gen iteration, that would be genius, and in my case I would be able to create many worlds with different history but the same geology until I recreate one with everything I want. The Perfect Embark.

What do you think?

Thelo