Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125373 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2016, 02:15:53 am »

Ha. Ha. Ha... Poor bastard. 'Sar'Rak001 goes into the fray, then. He totally was there, on one of the airboats. Sleeping. This should also give both platoons one corporal.

Platoon: 8
Designation: 'Sar'Rak001
Unit type: Heavy Grunt
Health: Healthy
Inventory: Gun, Sword, Helmet, Armor, Backpack

Get to the ground, organize a firing squad (Jag004, HC001) and blast the fuck out of the nearest worm!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:25:17 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2016, 03:11:52 am »

Platoon: 6, gunbane
Designation: Fish007 Burn
Unit type: Grenadier
Health: Healthy,
status: Bleeding (0/3), suffocating(0/3), burned (0/3) Gun cooldown (1/3)
inventory: helmet, backpack, gum, body armor, incendiary grenade, emp grenade, 5 frag grenades
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon, symbol of bravery, heroic sacrifice

Jump out and throw one of my frag grenades at any dangerous thing which is trying to kill us. Oce003 and Zii004 are my squad mates.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:34:07 am by vishdafish »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2016, 06:25:36 am »

Zii004, platoon 6
Unit Type: Soldier
Inventory: gun, helmet, military backpack, body armor, military headset, Arm Patch "Gunbane"
Character Trait: Band of Brothers.
Achievement: Mission complete Antibrick takedown.

Advance towards a target, try to protect your squad mates
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:08 am »

Unit Type: Grunt
Unit number: HC001 - platoon 8
Health: 1 Scar, Alive
Inventory: Gun. Backpack. Trident Berry Gum. Helmet.

Join  'Sar'Rak001's firing squad. Blast the fuck out of some worms.

Also, admire the fact that I actualy managed to hit a hornet with a standard grunt gun while moving at speed in an airboat.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »

Platoon 7
Designation:Zr05
Unit type: Grunt

Inventory: Gun. Helmet. Backpack. Gum.

Character Points: "Honor", "Follows Orders"
Character Traits: "Band of Brothers"

Get out and search for targets. Try to survive this turn.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »

Platoon: 6
Designation: Hat004
Unit type: Pointman
Health: Alive.
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum, point man kit.
character points: The ten yard stare
character traits: (Band of Brothers)
achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown.

Jump out, search for the enemy, check out new point man gear.

((Do we lose the Band of Brothers trait as this is a whole new set of clones?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:53 pm »

Platoon 6 GUNBANE
Designation: OcE004
Unit type: Shooter

Inventory: precision laser, helmet, one unit of armor, pink gum flavored chewing resin, tripod mount for laser, standard backpack

Achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown
Classes unlocked: grunt, heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter, assault gunner
Character points: Honor
Character traits: Band of Bros

Get out, and look for the target. Try not to die.

Also stick with Fish007 and watch his flanks.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2016, 04:17:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get out of the thingimabob, get to cover, divinate Those Guys' location via prayer.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2016, 04:19:27 pm »

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 8]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack, Gum, 2 sidearms, big ass knife.
Character point:
endurance: suffocation
character class: tunnel rat.
rank private

Run around the worm while firing my normal gun.

((only other thing I could think of is a gas mask perhaps? But I'm not really sure that's relevant, since only some of them brought it due to it's bulk and restriction of their sight and hearing.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:28:45 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »

Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Class: Assault gunner

Disembark the vehicle and check my gear whilst shouting at the grunts to get in there and do their job.
Assess the viability of scaling the canyon and attacking from above.

((Not actually sure if corporals get names or not. Oh well.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »

Unit Number: Corporal Yavoviv AKA ynk004 (platoon 6)
((Who said ya get a name?!))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2016, 04:35:56 pm »

((I did. I'm pulling rank, now shaddap!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

Rush at the worms with my gun blazing, and my gum chewing

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2016, 07:56:19 pm »

((Yer in a different platoon, ya nincompoop!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 27, 2016, 05:52:59 pm »

Battle 2: Round 2

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at teh bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.

Platoon 6

Platoon:6
Designation: Yo003
Unit type:Grunt
Inventory:gun, helmet, backpack, gum
Character points: Mission: Anti-Brick weapon

Jump off the AT-APC and start crawling to cover.
(1) you jump out of hte carrier and land badly, breaking your leg! Dang. Medic!

squad Fish
Platoon: 6, gunbane
Designation: Fish007 Burn
Unit type: Grenadier
Health: Healthy,
status: Bleeding (0/3), suffocating(0/3), burned (0/3) Gun cooldown (1/3)
inventory: helmet, backpack, gum, body armor, incendiary grenade, emp grenade, 5 frag grenades
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon, symbol of bravery, heroic sacrifice

Jump out and throw one of my frag grenades at any dangerous thing which is trying to kill us. Oce003 and Zii004 are my squad mates.
(2) you throw your grenade off toward where the bullets are coming from. it explodes in the brush.

Zii004, platoon 6
Unit Type: Soldier
Inventory: gun, helmet, military backpack, body armor, military headset, Arm Patch "Gunbane"
Character Trait: Band of Brothers.
Achievement: Mission complete Antibrick takedown.

Advance towards a target, try to protect your squad mates
(1) you have to take cover when your squad leader gets trigger happy with an explosive. You eat dirt. dry, hot dirt.

Platoon 6 GUNBANE
Designation: OcE004
Unit type: Shooter

Inventory: precision laser, helmet, one unit of armor, pink gum flavored chewing resin, tripod mount for laser, standard backpack

Achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown
Classes unlocked: grunt, heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter, assault gunner
Character points: Honor
Character traits: Band of Bros

Get out, and look for the target. Try not to die.

Also stick with Fish007 and watch his flanks.
(6) hey guys! the wall is over there! If we edge around this way, we can get up to the flank of it without being too exposed! Let's go that way!

You found the wall, and a weakness in the enemy's firing pattern. there's hope for you yet, shooter. Not much, of course, but a little.

Platoon: 6
Designation: Hat004
Unit type: Pointman
Health: Alive.
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum, point man kit.
character points: The ten yard stare
character traits: (Band of Brothers)
achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown.

Jump out, search for the enemy, check out new point man gear.

((Do we lose the Band of Brothers trait as this is a whole new set of clones?))

Gosh, good question. I did say it was unique and non-transferable. But, on the other hand, you all died together, so it'll carry over this time. Each time the whole squad dies together and respawns together it'll carry over, I guess.))
point man gets a ghillie suit and an improved sensor array. it's almost better than your normal eyes and ears. (anything you think should be included additional?)
(1) you also jump to an injury. that's two broken legs in one turn. Sheesh. Medic!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get out of the thingimabob, get to cover, divinate Those Guys' location via prayer.
You climb out of the AT-APC, find a suitable boulder, and raise your voice to the heavens: "Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod." the enemy is somewhere over thereTM.

Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Class: Assault gunner

Disembark the vehicle and check my gear whilst shouting at the grunts to get in there and do their job.
Assess the viability of scaling the canyon and attacking from above.

((Not actually sure if corporals get names or not. Oh well.))
((notice how even sergeants don't get names? all mine have been Oz00x. try not to get caught. The serge4ants don't like uppity subordinates.)) Organize a firing squad, you. Two privates and yourself.
you have a submachinegun in addition to the normal stuff. No regular gun. the sub is heavy. You also have one unit of armor. And some earplugs. the sub is loud. Even for firearms. It's like ,what? does the thing throw slugs? It does. it does indeed. (2) You look at the cliffs and think "gosh, this weapon sure is heavy."

Platoon 7
Designation:Zr05

Inventory: Gun. Helmet. Backpack. Gum.

Character Points: "Honor", "Follows Orders"
Character Traits: "Band of Brothers"

Get out and search for targets. Try to survive this turn.

yer in platoon 6, yah walnut!
(1) you get out and discover a cactus.You'll be picking needles out of your shorts for some time to come. You are distracted (3/3)

Platoon 6 death rolls
You guys take another mortar round.
Yo003, Fish007, and Zr005 all die in pieces. Actually Fish007 is saved by his squadmate, zii004, who tackles him to the ground and takes the hit instead (zii004 dies). This was the result of the "protect my squadmates" action (rolls were 4 for protect, 1 for not dying)
ynk004 and Tigr002 both are protected from limb destroying damage, by armor and cover, respectively. Ynk, your armor is at 3/5 durability.
Hat004 takes a serious injury, in addition to his broken leg.

Platoon 8

Platoon 8
Designation: Sn001
Health: Peg leg(L)

Inventory: Gun, Gum, Helmet, Military backpack, Goggles

Character points: (not) Darwin's finest

Get bitch slapped by my C. O.  for panicking.

(5) you get slapped so hard your helmet spins sideways, your eyes cross, and your knees go weak. You have a sudden passionate courage and a desire to get out there and kiiiiiiillllllll!

Unit number: Bo004, Platoon 8
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

I retrieve my maker hooks from my backpack, then I jump out of the fanboat onto the worm. If I succeed, I attempt to pry its ring-segments open using the maker hooks, which should allow me to ride it. I then adopt a pose.

(6) you climb on top of one of the worms, in true sci-fi fashion, and stand in one of the Ginyu force poses. Kinda mixing your franchises there, but oh well. now that you are up here, you can see the battlefield more clearly. And you notice something alarming - the worms seem to attract a lot of those very large bugs. you are getting attacked by very large bugs this round.

Platoon 8
Designation: KH003
Health: Healthy Dazed (3/3)
Inventory: Gun, medic bag, Helmet,gum.
Character points Hates bugs, first aid

Oh god why did it have to be bugs!
Climb out of the Airboat and PURGE THE FILTHY BUGS
(4) you blast a few more of the giant, hateful things to bits - their yellow and green guts splattering most satisfactorily.

Designation: CW001
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum.

character points: none
character traits: nope

Take cover in the airboat and lay down SUPPRESSING FIRE. Preferably with the secondary goal of shooting something shaped like an enemy.
Disembark the airboat and shoot LAY DOWN SUPPRESSING FIRE at the sandworms while running.
(4) you fire 'suppressing' fire a the sandworms. One of the m turns away from you. Maybe because you hit it a dozen times right in the snout. I mean, they're pretty big, and dumb. and eyeless. They tend not to notice things like 'warning shots' or 'little men from the sky' a whole lot. But they are kinda hard to miss.

Rush at the worms with my gun blazing, and my gum chewing
who the snot are you? (5) anyway, you score some pretty good hits head on to one of the crazy worms. It slams the ground a few times and opens it's mouth wide. "Grenadier!"

squad Rak:
Ha. Ha. Ha... Poor bastard. 'Sar'Rak001 goes into the fray, then. He totally was there, on one of the airboats. Sleeping. This should also give both platoons one corporal.

Designation: 'Sar'Rak001
Unit type: Heavy Grunt
Inventory: Gun, Sword, Helmet, Armor, Backpack

Get to the ground, organize a firing squad (Jag004, HC001) and blast the fuck out of the nearest worm!
(3) you ping the worm a couple times. It seems unfazed, thogh you make a small. smoking hole in it's side.

Unit Type: Grunt
Unit number: HC001 - platoon 8
Health: 1 Scar, Alive
Inventory: Gun. Backpack. Trident Berry Gum. Helmet.

Join  'Sar'Rak001's firing squad. Blast the fuck out of some worms.

Also, admire the fact that I actualy managed to hit a hornet with a standard grunt gun while moving at speed in an airboat.
(1) you aim at the same worm as Rak does, but your gun overheats. Also, you weren't moving that fast - or rather, the 'hornet' was keeping up, and did you notice the size of hte thing? could eat your head, man. more like pegging a watermelon at twenty paces than fancy precision shooting.

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 8]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack, Gum, 2 sidearms, big ass knife.
Character point:
endurance: suffocation
character class: tunnel rat.
rank private

Run around the worm while firing my normal gun.

((only other thing I could think of is a gas mask perhaps? But I'm not really sure that's relevant, since only some of them brought it due to it's bulk and restriction of their sight and hearing.))

(4) you peg the same worm as Rak does, putting a couple holes in it, and eliciting a weird sound from it as it turns away from you for a moment.

Platoon 8 death rolls
you guys get off light compared to the other platoon.
Bo004 and CW001 both get swarmed by giant insects. they bite a limb off from each of you. both get bleedout 0/3. Bo004 gets poisoned (tranq) 1/3
'Sar'Rak001 takes a serious wound when the worm he is shooting sweeps back at him and his squad, knocking him flying.
Ra01 (that's you, ragenaut) and HC001 each take a minor wound from cacti and such.

Instructions for next round
Everyone:
1) please note that the OP has been updated with the new character sheet and other information, including the classes unlocked. I have yet to put character points and achievements in there, as it is a lot of work. PM me your character points earned throughout the game and I will include them in the OP same with achievements.

2) for those of you who aren't, please copy the format that the majority is using to post your character. You can find the format in the OP under character sheet. this is how I know where you are, who you are, and what is happening to you. otherwise, I lose track. And if I lose track, you die.

3)uh ... shoot, it'll come to me. there was another thing.

4) might be a good idea to start putting your sheet in spoilers. things are getting crowded in the turns.
5) I'm going to start posting the turns in two parts, one post per platoon. Please Do not post between my turn posts. wait until the second post before making your actions fro the next round.

Platoon 6: a couple of you have identified a relatively safe passage to the wall. best to follow them. Either way, you now all know where the enemy is. they have those guns on the wall that you need to destroy.

climbing the canyon is an option. Corporal ynk004 discovered that as a possible route, but not for himself and his great big gun. Well done, corporal Heavy.

Platoon 8:Get them to open their mouths so you can throw grenades in, or follow Bo004 onto their backs via your Maker hooks, and pull a Starship troopers, shooting big-ass holes in their ... parts, then dropping some thing destructive inside. Or, you know, improvise.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70